User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top Gear Australia Magazine can't handle the torque of an MPS!

The general feel of the article was positive, these guys get the car for what, a few hours and then think they can write an accurate article. Not possible. I have been driving mine for about a month (1600km) and I still have so much to learn about her. Also, they would only drive one fwd performance car to 20 or 30 rwd or awd, so they have no accurate comparisons. Wait till they do a comparison drive with the likes of the GTI etc. where they have 4 or 5 fwd performance cars together and see what they have to say.
    My opinion, when I get it right in the MPS, it astounds me how this little machine can grip so well and pull so hard. In the end that's all that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Maginty View Post
    Wait till they do a comparison drive with the likes of the GTI etc. where they have 4 or 5 fwd performance cars together and see what they have to say.
    I've seen a few of those reviews around........ and the Holden and Mazda still get the same result...... "So much power..... but the torque steer lets it down"

Tarmac Magazine : Road > Rally > Race for example....

This torque steer thing in the MPS is definately been blown out of proportion, I have not once felt limited by the so called "torque steer".

Torque steer or not, the MPS still leaves in the dust its rivals....and thats all that matters

4. Default

How's the terrible article from the latest issue!!!! They've done a comparison between the MPS, FOCUS, Golf and Megane.

The knob head even spent most of the portion of the article dedicated to the MPS complaining about why Mazda didn't put an LSD in the car. What a cock smoker!!

Guess he didn't bother researching the specs before this vitriol hit the pages. Don't even think he drove the car.

BTW - My new 2010 arrives in 2 weeks! Sad to see the old one go but can't wait to see my Enkei's on the new silver beast!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MPS 250 PLUS View Post
    The knob head even spent most of the portion of the article dedicated to the MPS complaining about why Mazda didn't put an LSD in the car. What a cock smoker!!
    credibility = 0
    TG boycott!

the ironic thing about that article and the top gear hatch off articles, are that they are fairly unfactual,

*mps does have a mechanical LSD
    *focus does have a 6 speed gearbox

the reviewers dont have arms able to hold a steering wheel, yes it has torquesteer, but the benefits are less drivetrain loss and lighter weight.

here are the laptimes from the nurburgring, this is my judge of a performance car, looking at other cars in its class, and the only standing official time done was done by someone who was inexperienced, im sure the mps could leapfrog more of these cars again.

Times Taken from Wikipedia
     8:24Mitsubishi Charisma GT Evo VIHorst von Saurma Sport Auto (11/1999), Sport tires[citation needed]
    8:25Mitsubishi Charisma GT Evo VIIHorst von Saurma Sport Auto (11/2002), Sport tires[citation needed] 
    8:26Audi S5Horst von Saurma Sport Auto (01/2008)[49] 
    8:26BMW 335i E92 CoupeHorst von Saurma Sport Auto 
    8:26Nissan 350ZHorst von Saurma Sport Auto (10/2003) 
    8:26Ford Focus RSHorst von Saurma Ford conducted test (08/2009) 
    8:28Porsche 911 Carrera (993)Horst von Saurma Sport Auto (07/1997) 
    8:29Audi TTS CoupéHorst von Saurma Sport Auto (10/2008)[50] 
    8:32Porsche Boxster SHorst von Saurma Sport Auto (12/1999) 
    8:35Opel Astra OPC 2.0T (240PS) FWD Record Sept05 - June08Manuel Reuter Opel, 05 
    8:35.00Ford Focus STPatrick Bernhard2005  
    8:38Honda NSX  Sport Auto, (08/1997) 
    8:39Honda S2000Horst von Saurma Sport Auto (01/2000) 
    8:39Mazda MAZDASPEED3Mark Ticehurst2007Mazda News (06/2007),[51] Inexperienced driver.[52] 
    8:40Chevrolet Corvette C5  Sport Auto (07/1997), automatic transmission 
    8:42Lotus Exige Mk1Horst von Saurma Sport Auto (11/2000), Sport tires[citation needed] 
    8:43.52Chevrolet HHR SS    
    8:47Honda Civic Type-RHorst von Saurma Sport Auto (11/2001) 
    8:49Volkswagen Golf R32  Sport Auto (09/2006) 
    8:51Ford Focus ST  Sport Auto (09/2005) 
    8:53Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG MK5  Sport Auto (11/2005) 
    8:54Vauxhall Corsa VXR  Sport Auto (04/2008) 
    8:54.38Opel Zafira OPCManuel Reuter   
    9:02Chevrolet Cobalt SS TurboJohn HeinricyOctober 2007Wet Track "2008 Turbocharged Chevy Cobalt SS (full version)". Retrieved 2009-03-26. 
    9:05Ford Focus RS  Sport Auto (09/2005) 

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    This is what ive noticed-

1st Gen (Duggies and Lainos are the only ones I've driven).. Torque Steer as soon as you hit the loud pedal.. if you're not holding the wheel - you will off the beaten track so to speak.

2nd Gen (I own one ) In a dead-straight line, it holds the line, but if you're goin the clappas up an on-ramp... better hold that wheel tight!!
    Harden up cupcake. Torque steer is an excuse for weeklings with chicken wings for arms

man the fuk up
    Alcohol - Some Of The Best Times, You Will Never Remember

Hahaha

Here's yet another review between the RS and new MPS... Although this one is UK based...

Mazda 3 MPS vs Ford Focus RS | Car Group Tests | Car Reviews | Auto Express

Shame they're comparing it to the RS and not the ST (XR5). $10k+ price difference!

MPS loses for being too refined and not raw enough...there ya go. I'd bet they said the original one was too raw and not refined enough when they compared it to the ST...

Cheers for the link

Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    Harden up cupcake. Torque steer is an excuse for weeklings with chicken wings for arms

man the fuk up
    I didn't say I had a problem with it Laino
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Default Dammed if you do !!! Dammed if you don,t

MAZDA JUST CANNOT WIN WITH THESE BUFFOOONS !!!!!!!!!!

The poms are renowned for disliking Mazda's

The interior of the RS is painfully bland.. It is actually quite dissapointing...

Quote Originally Posted by rfzd View Post
    The interior of the RS is painfully bland.. It is actually quite dissapointing...
    I agree, pretty much like the XR5..., however the RS seats are just pretty cool!!!

CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

I do love that kermit green though!

Id deffo take an RS
    Yum

Love those seats, would look good in daves 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Id deffo take an RS
    Yum
    X2

20. Default

I love the torque steer! it makes for a fun and entertaining drive! its never noticeable around town when dawdling along but open her right up and hey presto! good times!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast