User Tag List

Thread: MPS6 and Golf GTI Pirelli edition

Default MPS6 and Golf GTI Pirelli edition

Hi guys,

My mate has just bought (4 months ago) a 2008-09 Golf GTI Pirelli edition DSG

Caught up with them on Sunday night and compared the MPS 6 to his Pirelli GTI (dsg). Nice car! It was a back and forth game of 'you have that, i want that, i hate this, i like that"

GTI didnt have sunroof, proper leather or the space of the MPS.
    MPS didnt have huggy seats like the GTI, no auto lights, no DSG, no MP3

We drove off with our wifes in the car
    speed limit is 100kph up until where it changes to 110kph. So we did a rolling start, through first gear i pulled off.. the GTI was on my bumper, i hit second and pulled a tad more, third... and as im shifting into 3rd he jumped into my rear quarter an stayed there. Neither of us could pull away we had reached the speed limit...speed was steady at 100kph

3rd gear at 80kph...(having to both overtake a slow driver simultaneously) we put the feet into it. Instantly i pulled away until he was on the rear quarter, again no one could pull past. By this time we had overtaken the slow car and where cruising at the 110kph speed limit.

Questions:

Has anyone got any 1/4mile specs for the Pirelli GTI ???
    Anyone had any expeiance with the 169kw 300nm Pirelli GTI before?

Apparently 6.6 0-100kph. DSG.
    Mind you from prior 'experiences' the MPS6 beat the Pirelli GTI 0-100kph by an estimated .4sec (earlier that night on his private property)

(Mods, please edit this post if you require any details to be removed )

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by nissanman; 07-09-2009 at 08:05 PM.

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia