User Tag List

Thread: Parrot CK3100 Now Integrated in to my MPS...

Default Parrot CK3100 Now Integrated in to my MPS...

So with the Law FINALLY Changing that will outlaw the use of Cellphones while driving in New Zealand is due to drop on the 1st of November I decided to get prepared...

I went ahead and got the Parrot CK3100 and the wiring loom for it so i didnt have to **** up my factory loom or anything and it came with the muting box too which is good and allows for the sound to be played thru the bose.

i hate half the installs of this kit on the web... the reasons you ask.. people seem to have next to no taste when mounting something semi permantently while having to live with it day to day....

so mounted the parrot blue box under neath that centre panel above the radio (the one where the tri gauge pods can go)

and the rest of the wiring loom including the Mute box in the cavity behind the radio

all the wiring i wrapped in foam too to stop rattles etc and so on..

Now i for one hate it when people mount the LCD display in airvents with a tacky little clip or double side tape it to the dash board..

i figured because the kit was cheap enough and actually looks good.. i would permanently mount the display somewhere easy to reach and out of the way ..

End result i that i removed the ashtray section drilled out the template and securely screwed the lcd display to that section of plastic trim.. and i routed the wire directly thru the back so no wires are visible... it matches the trim colour

As for the microphone i have tacked that down in that blacked out section between the gauge pods and the steering column

that way its directed at where my voice is being emited from.. but its placed so that there isnt unnecesary amounts of visible cables or having to rout up a pillars past the airbag etc..

end result the kit is great.. i disabled the spoken menues as they annoy me.. i have no idea how voice control works but dont care as its easy enough to operate by breifly glancing and operating the rotary dial...

the sound quality isnt bad for mono.. so long as i can have a convo on the move i dont care... as im on the phone ALOT..

i opted not to get the one that could stream music as i would rather plug the aux port in to the phone and listen that way.. either that or use my actual ipod

also

the kit only mutes for Calls.. it doesnt mute every time you get a message or any other sundry warning.. which by anystrech is fine by me

so yeah in a Nut shell i reccomend highly...

Blog Entries

Nice setup!!! Awesome work

Got One Issue where it blew the 2 Amp fuse this morning.. but i think its because i need to adjust some of the soldering i had done on the feed to the blue box

but for now it is running again any way.. but its a pain to change fuses while they are there.. so i may route the fuses to the fuse box on the passenger side..