User Tag List

Thread: Blowing Smoke

Default Blowing Smoke

Anyone else have issues with their MPS blowing smoke while under power?

I'm just passing 50,000km and putting it in for its next service and was going to mention to them, but thought I'd get some info first.

Whenever I'm on hard accelleration I can see the smoke out my rear view mirror. Can't be normal.

I had mine on the Dyno on Friday and it was blowing black smoke on hard acceleration which is normal, I only see mine at night in the lights behind me more than during the day, mines just unburnt fuel. Is yours black or blue smoke?????

Not sure if it's black or blue. Have only seen it through the rear view which is dark tinting too. I just know it's there and there's a lot of it.

Just get someone behind the car and give it a few revs ( Hard Revs ) make sure you warm up first and see for yourself......

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

I hate it at night because I see in there lights but you won't get rid of it.. ???????

Joel,

Have a gandy at this thread:

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...rbo-seals.html

I think mine is definately white smoke and after reading some of that thread sounds like that's the problem.

Will go to the service centre tomorrow. Will also get someone to stand behind and check it out too.

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    I think mine is definately white smoke and after reading some of that thread sounds like that's the problem.

Will go to the service centre tomorrow. Will also get someone to stand behind and check it out too.
    Fingers crossed for you...

Turbo seals.. Mine went at about 50k

I am getting jealous...

everyone is getting a new turbo...except me...

And i now have 100000kms on the clock

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    I am getting jealous...

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    You have done well you must of got a Tuesday to Thursday built car I have only 27,000k's and nothing wrong so far fingers crossed and the boys already want to change my turbo from Allstar Tuning, they give me all the in's and out's of the race car and check my car with the small issues from the race car... Good boys

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    Anyone else have issues with their MPS blowing smoke while under power?

I'm just passing 50,000km and putting it in for its next service and was going to mention to them, but thought I'd get some info first.

Whenever I'm on hard accelleration I can see the smoke out my rear view mirror. Can't be normal.
    Sounds more like the typical pig rich MPS air / fuel ratios to me, at 9:1 there is a lot of fuel getting burnt, and consequently a lot of smoke under hard acceleration, also remember that under full boost your engine is pumping twice as much air / fuel through it as a NA motor would.
    If it were your seals you have more of a tendency to get very pungent white smoke at idle, which clears fairly quickly once moving.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    I am getting jealous...

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    Same here. 103,000km on the original turbo and my engine is stronger now than when it was new. Except for the hesitation, but that's another story.

Gone to Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Sounds more like the typical pig rich MPS air / fuel ratios to me, at 9:1 there is a lot of fuel getting burnt, and consequently a lot of smoke under hard acceleration, also remember that under full boost your engine is pumping twice as much air / fuel through it as a NA motor would.
    If it were your seals you have more of a tendency to get very pungent white smoke at idle, which clears fairly quickly once moving.
    Thanks Matt,

I went and booked it in for it's 50k service this morning and mentioned it to them. The guy said "oh ok, we have mainly had that with just the CX7's but will definately take a look at it..."

Will see what they say tomorrow. I haven't noticed any smoke at idle. Just a few times at lights when I'm rushing to get out of a lane that is ending

Blog Entries

I remember Coreys car blowing smoke all the time under power but that had a different zorst and always seemed to run pretty rich.

i have cozzas tip now...yyayaa!! mine does need a re tune.. running very rich...
    anyway.. yeh they reckon cx7s are notorious for this problem, they should replace ya turbi regrdless to work done or not. its their fail!!