User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel light On mps

My light comes on very close to the last bar, but when I check the computer it says I still have about 200ks left. I think my computer is way off.... Also when it is on max fuel it says around 850 ks left. Only ever get 650 max before the light comes on..

But I don't have an mps.

Yet....

Blog Entries

It actually states in the manual how many litres are left in the tank when the light comes on. I believe it's 6L...?? I could be wrong.

I estimate 50KM after the light comes on to be safe.

I cant seem to get better than 430kms to a tank...

I got a complaint about the fuel light..

it aint fricken bright enough..

I was down to the last bar before a noticed it was even on.. when i had started out my drive 30 minutes prior i was still at 3/8ths to go

i filled up full tank tonite.
    the info screen said my Range is 630km

Think im gonna start up an excel spreadsheet and track my fuel consumption from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by arden View Post

Think im gonna start up an excel spreadsheet and track my fuel consumption from now on.
    I would get close to 600k's with 40-50% Hwy use and the rest city driving. I will fill up tomorrow and I have done no Hwy driving on this tank besides 6 x 10k short runs between ramps on the Hwy since last wednesday and I still have between half and quarter tank and I have done 412.5k's so far. 55ltr tank I do believe the new Gen 2 has a 60ltr tank?.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

I have always had good fuel comsumption never under 500k's on a full tank except at Qld Raceway where I lose about 100k's for the day, I put it down to the ECU and exhaust system from new done before I picked the car up. I have not driven a std MPS on the road except flatout on the track with mazda...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arden View Post

I have a good one I did up if you're interested. Just PM me
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I would get close to 600k's with 40-50% Hwy use and the rest city driving. I will fill up tomorrow and I have done no Hwy driving on this tank besides 6 x 10k short runs between ramps on the Hwy since last wednesday and I still have between half and quarter tank and I have done 412.5k's so far. 55ltr tank I do believe the new Gen 2 has a 60ltr tank?.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

I have always had good fuel comsumption never under 500k's on a full tank except at Qld Raceway where I lose about 100k's for the day, I put it down to the ECU and exhaust system from new done before I picked the car up. I have not driven a std MPS on the road except flatout on the track with mazda...

Filled up this morning at the BP using Ultimate 98 all the time squeezed in 40.49ltrs and I had 434.9k's on the trip meter.... If I went all the way to running out of petrol I should ogf got 595.05k's with very little Hwy driving and I had a dyno done on friday which I forgot to mention....

8. Default

On my 1st gen 3mps, when the light comes on, I reckon there'd be about 60km of normal economical driving left.

I've let the needle can run past E on my car and when it gets to half-way on the triangle, it'll be empty. After nearly 3 years of driving I've only run out of fuel one time and had to call Mazda roadside assistance

it says it in your manual

Well I filled up again this morning 46ltrs $64.01 @ 138.9 (547.3 on the trip meter)

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BCMPS View Post
    Most ever filled up is 60Litres+ because my car stalled on the road!!! Busy traffic road (Epping road in Sydney). So my recommendation is fill up your car when light is on... I have learnt my lesson....
    Thar's a hell of lesson.So once the light is on, i just rush to the shell for some vpower

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Well I filled up again this morning 46ltrs $64.01 @ 138.9 (547.3 on the trip meter)
    $1.39 that's expensive..

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wyvernone View Post
    On my 1st gen 3mps, when the light comes on, I reckon there'd be about 60km of normal economical driving left.

I've let the needle can run past E on my car and when it gets to half-way on the triangle, it'll be empty. After nearly 3 years of driving I've only run out of fuel one time and had to call Mazda roadside assistance

Did they say anything abt it? lol

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Dug 100,000K's OMG that is an achievement must have a..
    You've done 100000? dun tell me it's a mps ..

$1.39 that's expensive..

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Yeh I know lost track of days it was a Thursday when the pricing moves up

Was actually wondering about this today, I took it for a mountain run and was a little worried when the car reported i didn't actually have enough km to get home.

Could be worst my old Celica used to have the light come on when you had a 1/3 of a tank left... ~20L.

14. Default

Not at all... just an inconvenient wait....

Quote Originally Posted by Anfernee0525 View Post

Did they say anything abt it? lol

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Very similar with mine, fuel light on then another 100kms or so (moderate driving) was 70km or so past zero on DTE reading too. The tank took around 56litres from memory after this episode. Though I have heard that running the fuel that low can suck in sediment from the bottom of tank? Is this a myth that needs busting?
    Pretty sure you'll find its a myth as the fuel pump doesn't sit right down in the bottom of the tank (cant speak for the MPS tank, but 2 prev cars ive had fuel pumps out of didn't) and if it did most fuel pumps have a sock on them to filter crap anyway.

Tanks have baffles in them these days to stop 'tank slapping' which in theory would stop temporary fuel starvation when getting low.

Personally I wouldnt run my tank to dead empty as id be more worried about burning the fuel pump out, it probably keeps cool to a certain extent pumping fuel round, without fuel it wouldnt be under load and possibly get pretty warm pumping nothing through.

If you have that much sludge in a 3 year old car id be worried you were using diesel.

i have a gen 1 mps and i have gotten about 370km on half tank on bp 98,on a highway run. when you fill and it says 6-700km on trip it calculates that amount on your current fuel average what ever it may be,so lower fuel average the higher trip.the higher fuel average the lower km's it will read.as for fuel light i have no idea,i never let it get that low

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    lol i thought u said u personally dont let it get that low!!
    hmmmm
    '
    'BRISBANE AUTOSHINE' MOBILE CAR DETAILING
    1300 35 65 95
    0406 427 269
    antony@autoshine.com.au
    www.autoshine.com.au
    GIFT VOUCHERS AND CLUB DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE**

About 35km to run on mine after the light is full on solid, not flickering. Checked a few times. Obviously it depends on your rate of progress but that's in normal traffic and driving conditions up to 80kmh limits. I agree with armthehomless. Allow 50km from first indications to be safe.

I never travell more than 30kms after the fuel light comes on just to be safe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12