User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPS 3 Results for Oran Park

Default MPS 3 Results for Oran Park

JAKE CAMILLERI made it two outright podiums in as many race meetings with a strong display aboard the Grand Prix Mazda 3 MPS at Oran Park Raceway over the weekend for the fourth round of the Australian Manufacturers Championship. Camilleri mixed it with the outright cars all weekend long, scoring a trio of sixth place finishes, along the way taking three wins in the battle for Class B honours.

The weekend's result was set up brilliantly by a daring outside move on main Class B rival Jeremy Gray (Ford XR6 Turbo) at turn four on the final lap of the first race, concluding a thrilling race long battle. The second race was a relatively straight forward affair, however Camilleri had to race hard in the weekend ending handicap event, with the Class A cars only given a token handicap.

Camilleri resisted a late charge from BMW driver Garry Holt, with the result giving the Grand Prix Mazda team enough points to finish the weekend third overall on the podium. For Camilleri, the result proves the genuine outright pace of the Mazda 3 MPS, and that second overall at the previous championship round at Morgan Park was no fluke.

"The team has made massive improvements to the car since we won outright here last year, and I think we are really punching above our weight," said Camilleri. "Top marks to pit crew for putting together a reliable and strong car over the whole weekend, I think the result puts us in a good position in the class and outright championships.

"We've still got more work to do, the pace shown by some of the outright cars was just incredible, but now we're focused on finishing the season on a strong note at Sandown."

Team manager Joseph Camilleri was again proud of his troops, as well as his brother's performance behind the wheel. "It's awesome to be on the podium for the last ever national round here at Oran Park, and being on the podium for two consecutive rounds is very pleasing," said Joseph.

"I'm really, really happy with Jake's driving this weekend, he was very consistent and fast, especially in race two when he reeled off five 1:19.7 second lap times in a row. "The handicap system really didn't work in our favour this time, but still we managed to get a good solid championship points haul for the weekend.

"I'm very proud of the team, we didn't have the best run in qualifying, but everyone chipped in and made the weekend a success." The Grand Prix Mazda team now takes a well earned break before the season finale at Sandown Park on November 28-29.
    Last edited by armthehomeless; 31-08-2009 at 12:44 PM.

I was talking to the crew at Allstar Tuning this morning at the workshop, they were proud of the weekend and the fact that the car come out with no damage, but the Hire car (Toyota Tarago) that the boys went down in got written off by someone hitting them in the back and into a boat on the trailer in front of them, the sliding doors were jamed because the floor had buckled...... Write off everybody is good just bruises.....

The boys were telling me yesterday that there will be 3 MPS 3's racing in the next race OR for next season and also that MPS 6 is joining in one of the classes next year.....

I didn't get to go out on Sat but will be watching SBS for the footage....

This weekend’s racing from Oran Park will be shown over two big episodes of SBS’ Speedweek, at 1pm on Sunday 6 September and Sunday 13 September.

Orsbone Motorsport has purchased the 2008/9 Targa Tasmanian MPS3's and will be running those next year....

Exciting news of a MPS6 joining the series next year...lest hope it takes off.

The son of the Principal owner of Westend Mazda has the old Targa MPS6 I'm wondering if this is the car has he has done some club events...
    from Orange NSW

The boys have emailed me some photo's of the day I will try and post them tomorrow morning....

cool...

they have 3mths off now till the end of Nov...

Great to hear, more MPSs the merrier. Why don't they run any RX8s ???
    Is it becuase their too thirsty on fuel & oil ?

Here are some photo's more to come
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	748-3089.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	1163   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1374-3089.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	1164   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1382-3089.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	1165   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1631-3089.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	1166   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1680-3089.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	1167  

Working on some others

Name:	1683-3089.jpg 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	1168   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1694-3089.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	1169  

Great pics

Its so that Oran Park will be no more after this year....

ORAN PARK TV ALERT

The Shannons Nationals hosted Oran Park Raceway’s final national-level race meeting last weekend.

Round Eight of the 2009 season featured fantastic racing from seven classes, and you can catch the action on Speedweek, SBS, over two big episodes!

THIS SUNDAY - 6 September, 1pm-3pm
    Boylan Traffic Solutions Australian Manufacturers Championship
    Kerrick Sports Sedan National Series
    Southern Star Windows Commodore Cup
    Aussie Racing Cars

Sunday September 20, 1pm-3pm
    Formula 3 Australian Drivers Championship
    Kumho Tyres Australian Saloon Car Series
    Shannons V8 Touring Cars

Each episode will also be shown on Inside Speed, Fox Sports, on the following Wednesday night - check local guides for details.

If that isn’t enough, racing from the Shannons Nationals can also be watched online, through the new Speedweek website - Speed Week.

The final round of the 2009 Shannons Nationals will be held at Melbourne’s Sandown Raceway on 28-29 November.

For more information about the 2009 Shannons Nationals Motor Racing Championships, visit The Shannons National Motor Racing Championships - Welcome.
    from Orange NSW

Some extra photo's from the day.

Name:	DSC07011.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	1176   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07015.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	1177   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07017.jpg 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	1178   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07022.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	1179   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07034.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	1180  

great pics and how good is the first one of the MPS sitting on the second row of the grid...

Not bad for a MPS 3 go the Mazda....

we just need to get a few more out there....maybe a 2 in the baby class...

Thumbs up Jake and mps kick asss

Thanks to 240mps for the great pics,and to you Dave for the tv alert. I,d rather come south to watch Jake than go to bathurst for the v8 supercars . maybe a heap of ompsc members should look at getting something organised for the 2 twelve hr production races next year ,show Jake he has ompsc support .What do you guys think .Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 05-09-2009 at 10:05 PM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

I should be flagging next year that the B12hr...

and by then there will be another 2 MPS3's on the track....

Thumbs up An mps 3 sum

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post
    I should be flagging next year that the B12hr...

and by then there will be another 2 MPS3's on the track....
    That will be awesome COL
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

I will put sum photo's of this years 12 hour race in a second stay tuned

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast