User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Consolidated Exhaust Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Pretty sure the DP install is a pretty time consuming job on the MPS........6hrs+
    damn....6+ hours..
    thats like a min. $500 in labour alone!!!spose thats why its $1200

Quote Originally Posted by savvy_dizzle View Post
    Hey guys,

ive been trying to find this information in previous threads but have had no luck

Baisicly, im ready to put an after market exhaust system on my MPS3.

I want a system that will increase performance without increasing the sound of the car too much. I only want the car to sound slightly louder/meatier than stock

I have spoken to a few companies like turboxs and CES, but cant find any vids on youtube of the systems they are describing to me

The corksport and COBB system iv heard are aslo way too loud.

Can anyone recomend an aftermarket system that will increase power while only slightly increasing the noise? Either brand name or custom built.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    When i was in QLD Nirvanadan had the CES?????? downpipe or maybe full TBE and it didnt sound loud to me?

2XS can comment on how loud CES would be
    Mine, full CES, and is Db legal, actually 89Db @ 4500rpm

[YOUTUBE]D5EWUzFI4NY[/YOUTUBE]

Under full power.
    [YOUTUBE]EMHroYNGSK8[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    The CES system has been associated with boost cut on certain cars, primarily due to the divorced wastegate on the downpipe causing boost creep, usually an Xede, or similar is required with this system to lift the factory cut threshold.

Untrue! It comes from the SRI not having the same internal design as the stock MAf hoousing. We have developed an SRI that works 100% with our CES DP.

No boost creep either, it was considered boost spike. Nirvandan has a full CES system (my old one) and has never had an issue. Neither have I, with our SRI and K&N pod.
    Last edited by 2XS; 01-09-2009 at 07:49 PM.

3. Default

$400 for DP

$400 for high flow

$400 for install

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Untrue! It comes from the SRI not having the same internal design as the stock MAf hoousing. We have developed an SRI that works 100% with our CES DP.

No boost creep either, it was considered boost spike. Nirvandan has a full CES system (my old one) and has never had an issue. Neither have I, with our SRI and K&N pod.
    Well, there was Crushers boost cut experience after having the CES TBE fitted, while running the Cobb SRI, but Im not going to get into another shitfight about downpipes, ultimately if you want a good quality catted downpipe you probably are going to pay $1500-1750 (fitted), oh and dont buy TXS its shit, if you dont believe me read some of the US forums.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

5. Default

Ill have to get in touch with CES then, see how much they will do that type of setup for

what about liverpool exhaust? would anyone recomend them? or not recomend them?

I havent used Liverpool exhausts personally, but I do keep hearing good things of them, my downpipe was installed (somewhat reluctantly I might add) by Chris of Best muffles at Carlton, he does great work.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    I havent used Liverpool exhausts personally, but I do keep hearing good things of them, my downpipe was installed (somewhat reluctantly I might add) by Chris of Best muffles at Carlton, he does great work.
    how much did he charge for labour if you dont mind me asking?

i am still deciding whether i want to diy it or get it done
    fortunately i have access to a hoist...

Time is about 6hrs to remove the dump pipe. Without the heatsheilds, I can remove and replace my whole system in 1hr30 mins

The worst part is removing the heat sheilds, they cut your fingers to bits when you crack the nuts.

We charge $400 to fit our system.

So, for the members that are not blessed to live in QLD, what options do we have for full systems?

They are very easy to fit (once you remove the heatsheilds)

If you are mechanically minded, you could do it in one day yourself. I fitted my old one to Nirvandans car (from 9 to 3) which included reomving the old system and refitting the new one and extending the O2 loom.

We may be including an O2 loom extension for the full kit in the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    So, for the members that are not blessed to live in QLD, what options do we have for full systems?
    No options, you are screwed!

kidding

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    They are very easy to fit (once you remove the heatsheilds)

If you are mechanically minded, you could do it in one day yourself. I fitted my old one to Nirvandans car (from 9 to 3) which included reomving the old system and refitting the new one and extending the O2 loom.

We may be including an O2 loom extension for the full kit in the price.

Dude you forgot to warn them of the possible head injuries
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12