User Tag List

Thread: Opinions: The look of the new 3MPS...

Cool Opinions: The look of the new 3MPS...

When I first saw the look of the new 3 MPS I too did my fair share of s and OMGs...

But after thinking about it the look of the new 3MPS reminded me of something that took a bit of Manga and a bit of Rob Zombie and smashed it together...quite well.
    That's what I liked about it. Controversial and typical Mazda. When every other manufacturer was using the trapezoidal front grill style Mazda went and turned it on its head and added purposeful subtle elements that never cease to surprise you.
    It seems they wanted to make a statement and start a style war in a way.

Well....that's my 2cents anyway

I think their statement is, "look at this front grille, its sh!t".

I was shocked when it was enveiled and could not believe what Mazda had done to the MPS. Since I dont buy into the hype and propaganda that comes with a new car the new MPS will remain a "no no" in my books.

Like its new gadgets, dislike its looks, lack of animal feeling and that they made it Luxury wise instead of sports wise.

Business tip: Make a new front bar for the new Mazda 3 that gets rid of the smiley and you will make yourself some $$$.

I expect 5% of the royalties for this great idea.

----------------------------

So yeah...I don't like. Don't think it will grow on me either. Weakest design feature of the new one, everything else is OK.

give it time and there will be an aftermarket one to replace the shark gills insert.

I actually think that the base models grill insert is nicer than the mps, having said that i love my new car

Yeah it does look shark like....

I like it

Its hawt.....

no comment

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Its funny drivin around and seeing peoples reactions especially in a place like Newcastle...ohh the bogans don't like it one bit!!
    Reminds me of the days when I had my R100 with the 13B BPort driving around Newey...very similar response from the Holden/Ford crowd

:P to them...!!

Hate the smiley face!Wot on earth was Mazda thinking.

Rims are far from sportylike..like someone else said. looks like the ones from focus XR5.

I quite like the rear thou!

At first I didn't like the styling, especially the tail lights. Then when I learned that the chisel nose and bulbous tail lights were done for genuine aerodynamic reasons I suddenly liked it, because I love form over fashion. Ugly in the coolest possible way. I'm a fan (except for the smiley face - which will go out of date very quickly).

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Ugly in the coolest possible way. .
    Hahaha

I love the fact that everytime I go to take her out, she is smiling at me like an excited puppy.

Smile Like peas in a pod

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    I was shocked when it was enveiled and could not believe what Mazda had done to the MPS. Since I dont buy into the hype and propaganda that comes with a new car the new MPS will remain a "no no" in my books.

Like its new gadgets, dislike its looks, lack of animal feeling and that they made it Luxury wise instead of sports wise.
    Exactly my view they,ve sent the bad boy mps to finishing school ,plus the colours just don,t cut it .ditto nirvandan Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by RedMPS View Post
    I love the fact that everytime I go to take her out, she is smiling at me like an excited puppy.
    The LAST thing i would want, is my new HOT HATCH to remind me of a "smiling puppy"...........

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    The LAST thing i would want, is my new HOT HATCH to remind me of a "smiling puppy"...........
    Hahaha

I know!!...I read that I made me go !!!

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fastaz View Post
    Exactly my view they,ve sent the bad boy mps to finishing school ,plus the colours just don,t cut it .ditto nirvandan Col
    Im the younger you
    Last edited by Nirvandan; 31-08-2009 at 10:50 AM.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol