User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPS from Melbourne saying hi

1. Default MPS from Melbourne saying hi

Hey guys,

Just wanted to drop a line and say hi... Been laying low and looking around for a while, thought i'd prop up and say hi...

Some details about my ride are its an Aurora Blue MPS I have done a few subtle things to it in my time since buying it, It has a BEGI airbox with K&N Filter, the front brakes have all been replaced with DBA Rotors and Hawk Pads with Wilwood Fluid. I put a towbar on for my bike carrier, which i had modified so when its not in use you wouldn't even know its on there...

I have had a few issues though which have dampened the experience... Clunky front suspension, its been replaced under warranty but still I have had issues with it clunking... The rear swabar end link was ruined and clunking and was replaced. The steering boss came loose and has been replaced. The front CV joints have been replaced under warranty due to a rust build up on the hubs, The rear bumper support was replaced due to rust... this is a very common thing with 3's but you'd never know unless you stick your head under there or install a towbar (like i did)...

Joining so I can get to the bottom of the clunking cos either it gets fixed or it goes....

Anyway heres a few pics of my car... Some at Sandown, some at Broadford, some at a photo shoot my brother took ...

Last edited by armthehomeless; 25-08-2009 at 10:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Welcome

I fixed your pics so they'd show up

Blog Entries

Is your noise like a knocking noise under the car? Or is it a clunky suspension noise?

4. Default

Coming from the left front... down low it happens more frequently when the car is cold... It spent a full week at Mazda trying to fix it. They replaced the front dampers and springs but still made the noise. Mazda had a technician down to try and find it, no joy, this has been going on for months now... Hoping someone around here has a fix, or an idea as to what it is....

Blog Entries

This sounds very similar to my problem. I'm going to try and record the sound.

I hope you sort your issues out, I can't stand the little knocking noises in cars it would drive me nuts...

to OzMPS

Sexy looking car

Ewwww its a pov pack!!!

kidding, kidding!!

Welcome

Looks pretty schmick

Hope you can solve your clunks

12. Default

Welcome you car looks so damn clean ... must be an AB thing

welcome to ozmps

14. Default

Thanks for the comments guys, the car does get looked after pretty well, have a serious amount of detailing kit at home that i use on it... Usually stick to Menzerna polishes, OCW is used as a wax, I source all my product through Final Inspection, who look after me really well...

Almost 3 years on and hardly a swirl on it...

Blog Entries

Was just about to say I know your username from FI...have not been on there for a while and my car is hating me for it!

Cool welcome to ozmps club team blu

your mps looks like it just came off the showroom floor nice .

Heres my 2bobs worth hope it helps ,
    1. broken engine rear engine mount
    2. exhaust knocking due to above
    3. i have had a clunking problem twice now, every time i went over a bumb in the road, it turned out to be rear shocker lower bolts loose after the second time they locktite,d them and the problem was solved.
    4. if it is a broken rear mount ,and i suspect it is,
    5. you need to replace it with a aftermarket mount .
    6. MPS GARAGE sells them, $225 dollars .They have a web site wwwmpsgarage.com.au they are a mps club sponsor
    I bet the mazda people run for cover when you drive in
    It is no laughing matter i hope you get to the bottom of it ,a shame to have to sell such an awesome car over a minute but annoying problem.
    regards Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

17. Default

Thanks for the feedback Col, they checked the mounts but nothing was wrong, didn't trust my local dealer so on my next service i went to pro-maz who looked at the mounts as well and they said the mount was fine, the exhaust is a maybe, it could be... I just have this funny feeling and its not based on anything more scientific than that but it seems to only happen on certain bumps, say going over a sunken manhole or bolt in speed humps... ie: a sharp up and down...

The car gets used for work and i was hoping to see out the lease and take it on but now i just don't know..

Bricktop, great pics hope you solve your clunking, there are lots of knowledgeable, helpful people here!

Welcome . Lots of info and help from the guys on board. Photos are tops.

Smile Fastaz puts thinking cap back on

OK mate sorry that didn,t help, it has to be some thing that moves when u hit a bump
    1. it doesn,t apear to be front suspension uve had everything checked and replaced
    2. its not engine mounts they have been checked
    3. the exhaust is a likely suspect .check all the rubbers that hold exhaust to the undertray one could be broken or come off the hook
    4. check and tighten all bolts to the rear suspension sway bars /shocks etc also checking all bushes are ok
    5. if the car is still under warranty drop it back and tell them u don,t want it back untill its fixed or replaced .
    6. turn the sound system up to 22 vol lol
    im done Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast