User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MPS from Melbourne saying hi

and welcome aboard.....that last pic has some familiar cars that I know.....

hope you enjoy the forums.

Welcome and enjoy the forum

4. Default

Hi all... sorry for the the long absence from posting but getting married and taking a 3 week honeymoon hasn't left me flush with time. Whilst I was away I dropped my car off to the dealership and asked them to look into the noises coming from the front end... 8 days later I get my car back, still with noises coming from the front end...

What they found was that the front lower engine mount had cracked and the mounting point had deteriorated so badly that the engine was moving as if the was no mount at all, the front left damper had worn again, (despite being replaced 15k ago under warranty) The front left control arm had noise emanating from the lower bush.

The mount was replaced and I am still waiting for the lower control arm. The problem was they did every replacement one at a time, i.e.: replace the mount, noise still there, replace the damper, noise still there. They flew in a technician from Sydney to look at my car, could not pinpoint the noise, they then got in some sensory based diagnostic equipment and hooked it up to my car, the result was that this whole process left me without a car for 8 days, when I got it back it was covered in bird sh*t... so a less than happy experience. I am still waiting for the control arm to come in, which should be here in about 4 weeks as its coming from Japan on a boat...

5. Default

Well after 15 straight days at the dealership and multiple replacement parts, the noise is... still there.

So I have cut my losses and traded it in. I wouldn't even advertise it due to the amount of stuff that was going wrong. If I did, the first person to see it would have laughed at me due to all the clunking and thumping from the car.

Here is a list of what went wrong on my car..

2x CV joints
    4x front struts
    1x rear strut
    2x tie rod end links
    2x engine mounts
    1x steering wheel boss
    1x rear seat headrest
    1x hub carrier
    1x control arm
    1x clutch
    1x turbo seal
    It had 1x mazdaspeed set and 1x MPS seat
    Would never hold a wheel alignment and would have to get one every 2 months

I traded it for a Ford Mondeo XR5, so I have some parts i can sell such as a BEGI intake and near new Dunlop Sportmaxx's, but i will post that in the for sale parts once I get my post count up..

So shattered with this car, this was supposed to be my dreamcar and it has just left me feeling shattered and also out of pocket...

Quote Originally Posted by Bricktop View Post
    Well after 15 straight days at the dealership and multiple replacement parts, the noise is... still there.

So I have cut my losses and traded it in. I wouldn't even advertise it due to the amount of stuff that was going wrong. If I did, the first person to see it would have laughed at me due to all the clunking and thumping from the car.

Here is a list of what went wrong on my car..

2x CV joints
    4x front struts
    1x rear strut
    2x tie rod end links
    2x engine mounts
    1x steering wheel boss
    1x rear seat headrest
    1x hub carrier
    1x control arm
    1x clutch
    1x turbo seal
    It had 1x mazdaspeed set and 1x MPS seat
    Would never hold a wheel alignment and would have to get one every 2 months

I traded it for a Ford Mondeo XR5, so I have some parts i can sell such as a BEGI intake and near new Dunlop Sportmaxx's, but i will post that in the for sale parts once I get my post count up..

So shattered with this car, this was supposed to be my dreamcar and it has just left me feeling shattered and also out of pocket...
    Sorry to hear about your car being broken all the time.

Ford Mondeo XR5 is a nice car....so you must be happy.

Is it the updated new model, as they look very hot.

Hope you still hang around as other XR5 members are here to comfort you

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12