User Tag List

Thread: Xede Flash- just a few questions

1. Default Xede Flash- just a few questions

Hey guys,

I have a stock MPS3 and I have read a bit about these Chiptorque Xede Flashes. I have got a bit of a basic understanding of what they are but I just have a few questions.

1) Is it worth it with the increased performance and fuel saving costs?
    2) How much would I be looking at for it to be installed in my vehicle? I live in sydney.
    3) does if affect warranty and insurance?
    4) Where is the best place in sydney to purchase and install.

Any answers to any of these questions and/or even one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys for all the support.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Just called up *HKS SYDNEY - Holden Performance Tuning - Ford Performance Tuning - XR6 Turbo Kits - WRX Kits - Holden Kits - xr6 turbo upgrades - HKS DEALER - NIZPRO DEALER regarding the installation of this Xede unit. They said to be it would be around $1800 which I was very shocked. Is this price standard compared to anywhere else. Any other cheaper places? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

1. Whether or not it's worth it performance-wise is a very subjective thing, but personally I would say yes. Fuel savings are noticable but not huge.

2. Around $1700 to $1800 installed. That would include time on the dyno and custom tune. I dont think you would find anyone who does the Xede for much cheaper than that

3. It's a no-no for warranty, but some dealerships are more flexible than others. My local service manager hasn't batted an eyelid re: my mods, but then again I haven't done anything major. Keep in mind though the Mazda techs would notice the performance increase and most likely see the processor when you take it in for service. Personally I would leave getting this mod done until after warranty runs out.

4. I've talked to Silverwater Automotive Services and they are very knowledgable guys. Have heard good things about their work from satisfied customers.

that's my 2c worth

Quote Originally Posted by nickows View Post
    1. Whether or not it's worth it performance-wise is a very subjective thing, but personally I would say yes. Fuel savings are noticable but not huge.

2. Around $1700 to $1800 installed. That would include time on the dyno and custom tune. I dont think you would find anyone who does the Xede for much cheaper than that

3. It's a no-no for warranty, but some dealerships are more flexible than others. My local service manager hasn't batted an eyelid re: my mods, but then again I haven't done anything major. Keep in mind though the Mazda techs would notice the performance increase and most likely see the processor when you take it in for service. Personally I would leave getting this mod done until after warranty runs out.

4. I've talked to Silverwater Automotive Services and they are very knowledgable guys. Have heard good things about their work from satisfied customers.

that's my 2c worth
    Is there any extra info you can give on the XEDE?

I was looking at getting the ECUTEK one, but i kinda want it to look factory ..?

I paid about 1600 for MPS Garage to tune and install the Standback.

I'm sure you can get a deal. After trying the Xede, the standback is a better unit. It's the only one that I've found that can control the direct injection fuel pump properly.