User Tag List

Thread: 626MPS Concept - Magazine Article

1. Default 626MPS Concept - Magazine Article

Here is a Magazine article from 'Car' October 2000 that I had imported from Britain a few years ago. It has a lot of information not available elsewhere plus some really cool pics!! I made the scans small enough so theyre easy to load yet still can read text. Full size these images hit total of 56.2mb. If anyone wants full size images just PM me with email address. Enjoy

looks like an evo haha... looks cool

V6 ?? mad haha

any idea on why it didn't go ahead ??
    Last edited by PaulG; 04-12-2008 at 12:30 PM.

3. Default

With it still being a concept at the end of 2000 I guess it was too late to continue development using this older chassis as the Mazda 6 was already in development. I guess they focussed on making the 6MPS instead. I like to think they used this as the base of idea for the 6MPS. I love the colours of the interior!!! Shame they didnt keep that.

It's pretty amazing how far Mazda has come in terms of image, design, and perception since 2000.

5. Default

Well it was a very big step from the 98-02 GF 626 platform to the Mazda 6 and as that of the 323s to the 3!! Will be exciting to see where Mazda goes in the future!

Looks hot,
    Old article yeah ?
    was reading the bit about the 323mps .. anything happen there ?

PS: cheers Zomer for the scan

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RED3VIL View Post
    Looks hot,
    Old article yeah ?
    was reading the bit about the 323mps .. anything happen there ?

PS: cheers Zomer for the scan
    Article dated October 2000. Unfortunantly the 323 MPS concept suffered the same fate as the 626MPS. Concept came too late and too close to the release of the Mazda3. But it did come out with a 150hp NA 2.0 litre engine, acomplished by 'careful tuning'. A quick Google search came up with these pics:

As far as I recall a toned down version was released as the MP3 or Mazdaspeed Protege???

I found a brief speel about the car at this site.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/1...a-323-MPS.html

For those who would like the larger files of the Magazine article contact Duglet who now has them.
    Last edited by ZomeR; 04-12-2008 at 09:14 PM.

Nevermind Guest

If you do go ahead with your plans to replicate the 626, I wouldn't worry about the interior.

Would be a big job, but would look great

9. Default

I intend to start with the exterior as this was what first drew me to the car. I love the flared guards and the bonnet. If I only get this done (plus some wheels, suspension and sneak some colour to the bland interior :-) ) i will be happy.

Nevermind Guest

dont forget the most important part, under the hood!

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermind View Post
    dont forget the most important part, under the hood!
    Very true! If I wasnt married with 2 children and a property to look after not to mention the MG project it would probably be done by now :-)

If anyone wants pics of the 626 MPS just let me know and ill email you what I have collected from the great www.
    Last edited by ZomeR; 05-12-2008 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Bceuas I cnat slpel