User Tag List

Thread: Oiled Air filters affecting MAF sensor?

Default Oiled Air filters affecting MAF sensor?

Recently cleaned and re oiled K&N air filter, but knowing how sensitive the sensors are in the MAP,looking for advice as to whether any oil removed from filter via intake will affect the sensors. Re oiled as per K&N instructions.

Blog Entries

As long as you don't have any excess oil on it you should be fine.

Worst case, you have to clean your sensor afterwards and it goes back to normal.

Later model cars that have a heated MAF element are less affected by contamination, but these days it couldn't be easier to manage. Buy a can of MAF cleaner from an auto parts store for around $20, undo the two screws that retain the MAF sensor, give it a spray, it dries in seconds, put it back in. Do this once a month and you'll never have a problem related to a dirty MAF sensor. There's only one down side, the o-ring on the sensor will deteriorate quicker due to the frequent removal and replacement and they can be notoriously difficult to obtain from Mazda. Buy half a dozen spares if you can get them.

Gone to Volvo

I bought a can of Contact cleaner for about $14.
    On my SR20DET and CA18ET i used it all the time to clean the AFM.. Worked like magic.

ALso works well on dirty looms \ plugs like coolent temp sensor contacts etc.

Here's a link to cleaning your MAF sensor, did mine a few weeks ago, very simple!

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...t-sensors.html

Be very gentle with the O-Ring, new from Mazda I was quoted $12.

I just got an O-Ring kit and glued mine back together again.