User Tag List

Thread: Turbo problem

Default Turbo problem

Hi,

Just bought a 2nd hand MPS3 not long ago, just wanna see when will the turbo switch on, heard someone said during 2500 rpm but some says 3000....so wanna make sure.

also, I read that some guys had their turbo replaced from Mazda, wanna know what was the problem and how it was noticed. ( don't think the first owner replaced the turbo)

not too sure about everyone else, but mine comes on boost hard about 3000k+... till about 500k before redline..

Boost will happen from around 2000rpm, but comes on in full song from around 3000rpm. In relation to turbos being replaced, this was for those that had faulty turbo seals (smoking with a plastic metallic smell)

BTW what were driving before the MPS?

2500-3000 all the way up to 5500

If you are thinking you are having issues the best bet is to invest in a dashhawk or to see if you can borrow one off someone to do a quick log!

Welcome, btinlok!!

Like Linchy said, I think the turbo starts to kick in at around 2500-3000rpm....

Thanks guys for the great info. I drive a Audi A3 sportback b4, a lot of people told me that I was crazy, but I wanted to taste the feeling of a Jap sports car, MPS 3 turned out really good despite the squeaking noises coming from the seat belt restraints and some areas at the back of the car.

by the way, have anyone experienced a turbo problem, brought it to Mazda for a check but replying that there's nothing wrong with it? how do you guys argue with Mazda about that? (coz I really hate it when I know there's a prob, but the mechanic says its "perfectly fine")

also, how does everyone feel about the front suspension of the car? i feel mine is reali bad, way too soft when passing bumps

Have a good read of this thread, heaps of info about it:

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...rbo-seals.html

*cough* dashhawk.