User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 MPS Sport or Standard model??

1. Default 3 MPS Sport or Standard model??

Just wondering what the general consensus is regarding which is the best model to buy. Is the Bose sound system, leather, Xenon lamps worth the extra $$$$? What about resale?
    Have owned Classic WRX and Forester XT, looking for something different. Can't say the subarus were easy daily drivers/ commuters. What is an MPS like for this purpose?
    Any info gratefully received
    Thanks

I think it is worth it for sure.
    Awsome interior with the leather etc. Lights are cool. Stereo doesnt need to be updated as I think it sounds decent as is, unless you love doofing down the street....also the wheels are nicer.
    If / when Missmps posts in here, she will tell you that hers is lighter and faster lol.
    So it's up to you.
    But I say +1 for Sports

more boost! You looking at the new 2009 MPS or the first gen?

Personal preference mate, I don't think it does a lot with resale, maybe a grand or so after a few years. If you want the extras then go the Luxury pack, weight difference is pretty minimal.

Anyway good luck with your purchase and ask away there's plenty of knowledgable people here to help
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Like shakes said all personal preference for me it was worth the coin

I was doing my head in here, until I realised you are talking about the first gen model.

Quote Originally Posted by dOttY View Post
    I, alongside MissMPS own the 'faster' model....

I couldn't justify the extra $$ for the 'extras'. I'm not a fan of the HALF leather seats, nor the headlight washer thingys, but I do admit the wheels are nicer. I'm happy with the quality of stereo in the Pov Pack, and my headlights do the job too!

It just boils down to personal preference (or the fact that the Pov Pack is lighter, and therefore goes fastah!)

Well said Dots... Agree 100%

+1 for SP.

When I was buying I thought why not..
    The lights are worth it in my opinion.

+1 for SP.

I ended up getting the new MPS Luxury, rather than the standard. Mainly due to the lights. I've been told the bi-xenon's are great - and I tend to do most of my long haul driving by night...

The Bose helps the decision

9. Default What to buy

Thanks for the responses.
    What is the weight difference? Any issues to be aware of?? Do clutches hold up OK? I noticed the 6 MPS has shudder issues some models, not the case with 3s?? Have noticed a couple of Metropolitan Grey ones for sale, was this a rare colour? Did we ever get white in Aus?
    Cheers.

No white, grey? Think maybe you mean cosmic blue?

+ another 1 for SP.
    Totally reckon the extras you get are worth the coin, which isn't really that much more...

Do agree with MissMPS aboot the half leather seats tho, would have been better all leather (especially having kids in it...).

Quote Originally Posted by steviekfc View Post
    Stereo doesnt need to be updated as I think it sounds decent as is, unless you love doofing down the street.
    It's not just about doofing, its just great to feel the beat when Captain Feathersword gets pumped up with the Wiggles

Quote Originally Posted by DanSP23Bris View Post
    +1 for SP.

I ended up getting the new MPS Luxury, rather than the standard. Mainly due to the lights. I've been told the bi-xenon's are great - and I tend to do most of my long haul driving by night...

The Bose helps the decision
    The Xenon's are fantastic! Great visibility and I love the way it looks around corners

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    No white, grey? Think maybe you mean cosmic blue?
    Just going by what is available on carsales.
    Metropolitan grey seems to be totally different to Cosmic Blue

It is a different colour, I think the Grey took over the C. Blue in the new 08 version. As far as Sports v's Standard, Depends if you see value in the HID lights and Stereo and half leather seats. I doubt i'd pay 4K extra for them. Use that $4k for exhaust, intake and BoV.

FAT PACK.....FTW!!!

Happy Motoring
    duglet

16. Default

sorry to hijack the thread... with he sports pack which the guy i bought the car off said it was, where's the 7th speaker(subwoofer)??

i've got the head light washers and partial leather seats and bose speakers..

i reckon it's one of the most comfortable cars i've been in for it's price range... seats seem to hug you... even some of the more expensive cars arent as comfortable... found it to be more comfortable to drive and be in then my parents mazda 6 with full leather interior...

+1 for sports pack...ur spending alot of money as is..why not spend that bit extra for the luxuries. Well worth it IMO. Just like MPS3 said. the metro grey took over the cosmic blue int he 08 colour lineup. Not many people went for the grey though. Wish they came in white instead.

joey the subwoofer is under the passenger front seat in the 3. Not sure about the 6.

For the MPS Gen 1 definately worth it.

Love the look of the front lights washers.

Love the HID lights

Love the sporty look of the half leather seats.

Love the standout super gloss wheels.

Love the extra quality and power of the BOSE system.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    For the MPS Gen 1 definately worth it.

Love the look of the front lights washers.

Love the HID lights

Love the sporty look of the half leather seats.

Love the standout super gloss wheels.

Love the extra quality and power of the BOSE system.

Wow i never knew that Sanchez was full of soooo much............

Love

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast