User Tag List

Thread: Problems with TOM TOM GO710

Default Problems with TOM TOM GO710

Hi Guys just after some info or someone who can help,

I own a TOM TOM GO710, it has been a fantastic unit but recently I'm constantly getting "ERROR during planning..." when trying to select a route plan in my TOM TOM GO710.

It actually has got that bad that 8/10 attempts to find a location ends in an error and thus no plan can be followed.

I have depressed the reset button, removed and replaced the card with out success.

I has become so frustrating that I can not use my GPS navigator to find locations.

Any ideas of help would be greatly appreciated.

-developments-
    running updated firmware to 7.903 and no joy (didnt think it would work but was worth a try) with 36mb ram remaining, GPS V1.21 and Australia v650.1114

calling support

after sitting on hold for 18.5min i was told the "map settings file" is corrupt which is:

-> My computer
    -> tomtom
    -> Australia folder
    -> mapsettings.cfg (delete this)

but alas it did not work...aahhhh!!!!

after another 20min on hold i was told the MAPS are now corrupt and I have to buy new maps for my tomtom to work....

the guy then: said why didnt you back up your tomtom?
    I said: I dont know you could and if the instruction said to I would have done so
    the guy said:....Our company does not say it or recommend it so now you have to buy the maps....and its out of warranty so you have no choice.
    I said: im like !! i have no choice so i have to buy the maps in order to use my tomtom
    the guy said: only if you want your tomtom to work! download them for $100 which is about 98MB and that "should work"
    I said: what do you mean "should work"
    The guy said: if you had backed up the the maps in the first place you could just reinstall them
    I said: is there a repair centre in Sydney as your just sending me in circles!
    details passed Teleplan Regents Park ~ 02 87186510 which now starts the next process

Ring Tele Plan and to get a corrupted tomtom go710 working/navigating will cost me $120 and I will get a new card and mapping software version 8...two seasons out of date....ahhh what a pain in the butt...and i have to try and find this place without my tom tom!

what to do any hints on what I should do? only new map from tomtom or new card and older map from tele~plan?

does anyone have a copy of the maps that i can load up to get it working...dont care if its not the latest copy of maps?
    MAZDA 3 SP23 : XFORCE : EIBACH : WHITELINE : AUTOEXE : CORKSPORT : KMAC : TWM : AFX :SCANGUAGE 2 : XHP : KUMO : CARBON PRODUCTS : AERO BODY STYLING : BLAUPUNKT : INFINITY : TOMTOM : SPARKSECRET.COM : MONZA : AERPRO : JBS Customs : FHRX EARTHING KIT : DYNAMATT : UNIDEN : RFI : iPOD : STINGER : REDLINE Tuning :

SUBARU FORESTER MY10 XT-P
    : TCP AUTO : HYPERFLOW : PERRIN : WHITELINE : STi : BREMBO : BEATRUSH : TURBOSMART : LENSO : PULSE RACING TUNE @ 182 AWKW

can anyone offer me some help?

Quote Originally Posted by A Pirate View Post
    can anyone offer me some help?
    Buy a street directory?

Sorry mate, in all seriousness though it doesn't sound like they're giving you much choice.

You could see if you can try acquiring the maps through some sort of torrent site... BTW Your not The Pirate from the Bay that d0tty helped organize the drinks in the bar are you?

too funny