User Tag List

Thread: Spied: 2010 Volkswagen Golf R20

Blog Entries

Default Spied: 2010 Volkswagen Golf R20

With the current 3.2-litre V6 powered Volkswagen Golf R32 only boasting 184kW, it seems the company’s hot hatch is starting to cool off in light of newer offerings by competitors, but VW will soon rectify the situation by launching the Golf R20.

Unlike today’s R32, the new R20 will feature Volkswagen’s 2.0-litre turbocharged engine with direct injection that will be tuned to produce 201kW.

This should enable the R20 to post a 0-100 km/h time in the low to mid five second range and reach an electronically limited top speed of 250km/h.

The exterior will carry over many of the new GTI’s styling traits but should also include more aggressive front and rear ends and – as visible in our spy-shots – the traditional R32-style centre mounted dual exhaust.

Initially the R20 will be offered only in three-door hatchback form but a five-door model could eventually be offered down the road. European sales will start later this year with Australian sales expected to follow in early 2010.

[Source: Car Advice]
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Great numbers!

Any ideas on price?

...a good option once the time comes to retired the MPS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    ...a good option once the time comes to retired the MPS
    Agreed!

I think i need to hold out a little longer.

Nearly purchased a R32 on saturday....VW 2 day sale.

Didnt like the drive...but i loved the sound it made.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

What part didn't you like Doug? I've never driven one, interested to hear what you thought about it.

It was nice inside and it sounded awesome...

Just the drive was very boring....it was fast...just no animal.

And i did miss the boost..

Im probably too picky and used to torque steer, beasty control of car and that rush you get with off/on boost.

Oh well...i will wait for R250 megane...or R20 Golf.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Has it been officially stated anywhere that this car will retain AWD, or is it just assumed at this stage? I think I'm gonna put a deposit down the day they confirm the 5 door. There's going to be great development potential in the new turbo engine.

I haven't heard any confirmation about AWD, speculation at this stage for both this and the Scirocco R20. Spec wise it's looking very tempting, and the 2.0L turbo motor even in Mk V GTi form is an outstanding motor, sometimes wish I'd convinced the wife to get a GTi and not a Jetta. So ist das Leben

me likey!

R32s are godaweful

avoid at all cost

they sound great.. the build quality is ****ing awful and they are SLOW!

i had one... it was like my teenage dream car untill i bought it.. only had it for 9 months..

Quote Originally Posted by Ante View Post
    R32s are godaweful

avoid at all cost

they sound great.. the build quality is ****ing awful and they are SLOW!

i had one... it was like my teenage dream car untill i bought it.. only had it for 9 months..

Thats ashame, its a good looking car and the exhaust note is one of the best I have ever heard.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

yeah thats sucks i thought they would be a machine ....

New one looks the part though

Ante was it a series 4 or 5 that you had? I must admit I'm very interested in the potential of these cars, seen a few R32's putting down 500hp with a bolt-on supercharger, I even saw one claiming 900hp. There's no MPS on the planet that even comes close to doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Ante was it a series 4 or 5 that you had? I must admit I'm very interested in the potential of these cars, seen a few R32's putting down 500hp with a bolt-on supercharger, I even saw one claiming 900hp. There's no MPS on the planet that even comes close to doing that.
    But there is an MZR out of an MPS being used to produce 1300hp... Not street driven of course, but obviously opens the door to unlimited street mods.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Here's another review on this...

Ultimate Golf's ready to turn up the heat | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express

And a video...[youtube]UyuaLxMESq8[/youtube]

And another video...http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/videos/..._golf_r20.html

Last edited by mpsJOE; 15-10-2009 at 04:27 PM.

Nice

that is impressive numbers. doesnt look too bad either