User Tag List

Thread: Frankfurt Preview: 2010 Mazda CX-7 gets a familiar fascia

Blog Entries

Default Frankfurt Preview: 2010 Mazda CX-7 gets a familiar fascia

Filed under: Frankfurt Auto Show, Performance, Japan, Crossover, Mazda, Diesel

2010 Mazda CX-7 - Click above for a high-res image gallery

One of our favorite sporty CUVs -- the Mazda CX-7 -- is due for a refresh and Mazda plans to take the wraps off the 2010 model at the Frankfurt Motor Show next month. In addition to receiving Mazda's familiar "happy" family face and some new brightwork, the Euro-spec model gets a 2.2-liter turbo'd oil burner, as opposed to the US-version's 2.3-liter turbo petrol plant. The MZR-CD 2.2-litre turbo-diesel, which makes a "meh" 170 hp and a "yowza" 295 lb-ft of torque, complies with the stringent Euro Stage 5 emissions. Still not quite as tough as US diesel standards, but getting warmer.

There's no official word from Mazda about whether or not the US version will get the giant happy smiling face. 2010 CX-7s with the big happy face are already sitting on US lots. Though of course, no diesel. Make the jump for the press release.

Gallery: 2010 Mazda CX-7

Continue reading Frankfurt Preview: 2010 Mazda CX-7 gets a familiar fascia

Frankfurt Preview: 2010 Mazda CX-7 gets a familiar fascia originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 12 Aug 2009 17:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Dear Mazda Australia,

Please give us a manual gearbox option!

TallDan

is with all these smiling faces???
    If I wanted smiles, I'd go see a Jim Carey movie dammit!!!!

Agree with TallDan, the CX-7 needed a manual option. I would have bought one instead of my MPS if there had been that choice...hate autos...

I so want to pimp out a CX7 350 kw woul be sweet

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    I so want to pimp out a CX7 350 kw woul be sweet
    Totally!
    I wonder how hard it would be to retro-fit the MPS gear-box into an 07 CX-7?
    Re-tune the motor to MPS specs or higher, and what a beast that would be!!!!

Hmm i dunno sounds hard ... I'd just go with all bolt ons like 2XS's then get tuned, better suspension set up and crazy body kit and would be awesome

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Like this DG Motorsports Show Cars