User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: insurance for an MPS (20yr Male)

I'm 28 and I pay around 1100 per year for mine if it helps anyone
    I think it does help with my address being in Geelong Victoria as well...

Quote Originally Posted by whiteminx View Post
    I'm 22 and have been done DUI before and got quoted $1300 per year including unlimited mods (must be road worthy) with Just Cars.
    yeh i think im paying about 1100! also 22 with JC!
    '
    'BRISBANE AUTOSHINE' MOBILE CAR DETAILING
    1300 35 65 95
    0406 427 269
    antony@autoshine.com.au
    www.autoshine.com.au
    GIFT VOUCHERS AND CLUB DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE**

I used to pay $950 for my 6 mps, AAMI for 27yo male in southside brisbane

Try $1750 28yo male, no driving record, no claims etc. to travel less than 10,000 per year... Go south-west Sydney!

I'm on a staff plan at some cray-zee rate.

Lets say less than $500. For a 28yo male in brisbane.

6. Default

omg Dan you got the perks

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    I'm on a staff plan at some cray-zee rate.

Lets say less than $500. For a 28yo male in brisbane.
    oh man thats a crazily good rate!!!

Hey Dan what about MATE RATES you can do it

Im 24, first Turbo Car (07 3 MPS True Red), never had accidents, and im with Fastr Car Insurance (Fortron). $1800.00 per year and car is insured for $40K. I live in Liverpool region (Sydney) :P

Just my $0.02

age 24, no claims , NRMA = $1108 (inc winscreen) insured for $45k

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Hey Dan what about MATE RATES you can do it
    If you were working for the same broking firm as me, you could prolly get it too!

(Around $390 I think it is per year...)
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Just a word of warning, Fortron is still a very young insurer compared to most. They started out just selling insurance and then decided to underwrite it themselves and then nearly lost their way. I hope that the fact they are still operating means that they have recovered considerably from the position they used to be in and theses days APRA do not let insurers keep going unless they have the right asset backing. But historically they have taken all the high risk insurances, i.e. the 20 year olds driving MPS's (sorry) or WRX's.

But at the end of the day you have a written contract with them and that should give you the comfort you need. It might be, god forbid you need to use them, that you may find they will not be as good to deal with as the larger companies. Again however I am sure there are plenty that have had terrible experiences with the larger companies as well.

Just as an aside, you try being a 21 year old driving a brand new SS Ute (they hate v8's with a passion) - I used to pay a fortune.

hey there, good find.
    wanted to ask.
    how do you know if theres a problem with the rear engine mount and the rear diff bolts?
    I've just bought an mps6 and still under warranty.
    Thanks.

From an ex-panel beaters point of view.
    When chosing insurance, don't look at just the price. Believe me, often its worth paying the extra to be insured by a well known large company.

Some of the smaller companies are more than willing to take your money, but come accident time, they don't like to pay.
    They try to totally screw the panel beater, they won't pay them decently, cut allocated repair hours. This means that if a panel shop is willing to repair the car (which an aweful lot won't do if they are insured by no name companies) they are basically forced to cut corners to make money.

Another reason panel shops may chose not to repair is because they take forever to pay, and sometimes its just not worth the hassles

Ha try being a 19yr old P plater (in NSW) and getting insurance... Was paying over 4k per year for a while there... Amazingly 3 years down the track the premium has more than halved with the same insurer and they've awarded me a lifetmie no claims bonus... For all the good thats worth!

22 year old, first car
    5 years driving under my parents insurance, never lost licence since i got P's nearly 5 years ago (QLD) no crashes (well, one i wasnt at fault for...), one speeding ticket, that's it bought an 08 3 MPS
    done a defensive driving course (knocked $200/year off!!!) 1750 with AAMI

25yrs old, no claims and have been driving for 7-8 years now, however mostly in the UK. Didnt have any NCB and AAMI quoted me $1100 for my MPS based in North Shore. I ended going with my fleet cover with my lease as the cover was slightly better and easier to sort out, was the same price, give or take a few bucks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234