User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: insurance for an MPS (20yr Male)

So I ended up choosing NRMA.

$800 basic excess. $400 age excess. Excess-free windscreen and extra hire car cover.
    Premium is $200/month..ish. It should go down a lot when I turn 21 next May so I only have to cop a high premium until then.

Looks like I will have sold my SP23 by wednesday/thursday next week and can pick up the new beast on the 29th
    Last edited by tomo89aus; 22-08-2009 at 11:09 AM. Reason: early morning sentence structure = FAIL

I know your going to a quicker car but I have to ask why the change when u have a nice car as it is....

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post
    I know your going to a quicker car but I have to ask why the change when u have a nice car as it is....
    Yeh aside from the extra speed I wanted something with a sunroof and just a bit classier I guess. I got kind of sick of the torque steer and general FWD feeling as well. I like the handling aspect of an AWD car so the MPS6 was a no-brainer as my choice.

The lease had another 12 months left and my car had just been to the panelbeaters to have about $6k of hail damage repaired so I thought the best time to sell was when it was looking shiny and new again instead of at the end of the lease.

Before I knew it I'd test driven an MPS6 and instantly fallen in love with it and had put a deposit down! And now here I am.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tomo89aus View Post
    So I ended up choosing NRMA.

$800 basic excess. $400 age excess. Excess-free windscreen and extra hire car cover.
    Premium is $200/month..ish. It should go down a lot when I turn 21 next May so I only have to cop a high premium until then.

Looks like I will have sold my SP23 by wednesday/thursday next week and can pick up the new beast on the 29th
    Wheres Dora Creek ?? maybe you can come on our Merimbula cruise mid sept, there will be a few other MPS6'ers on this one you can talk shop with
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Fair enuff and was it all ok with the leasing company to go back to an older car...

Dora Creek is a rural suburb of Lake Macquarie near Morriset (Newcastle)

Fair enuff and was it all ok with the leasing company to go back to an older car...
    Yeh I even had automatic approval and no payout penalty so its all been unusually straightforward.

cool as I was going to do that next year after 2yrs and step up to a new MPS3 but I'm going to keep the 2 and turn it into a warmed over track feral

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Wheres Dora Creek ?? maybe you can come on our Merimbula cruise mid sept, there will be a few other MPS6'ers on this one you can talk shop with
    It's a long drive! Hopefully someone organises a NSW cruise for the sydney/central coast/newcastle people.

I'm 22 and have been done DUI before and got quoted $1300 per year including unlimited mods (must be road worthy) with Just Cars.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteminx View Post
    I'm 22 and have been done DUI before and got quoted $1300 per year including unlimited mods (must be road worthy) with Just Cars.
    My area has had full on hail once per year for the last 2 years so I think it doesn't help where I live. Also my car sits in the driveway not a garage so I'm sure that makes a difference too.

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal with Just Cars but in this case they were too expensive. I have mods planned for next year so I might have a look at them then.

Thanks,

Thomas

12. Default

Thomas are you picking your car up on the 29th, you should stay in canberra overnight and come with us on the Kiama cruise the next day, a great way to get used to your car then you can head home after that .... or yes for sure we will arrange a cruise up your way for sure ... hopefully in the near furutre

im not a stalker promise just excited someone else enthusiastic abotu the MPS6 and particularly a young guy who normally droll over the 3 MPS's
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Thomas are you picking your car up on the 29th, you should stay in canberra overnight and come with us on the Kiama cruise the next day, a great way to get used to your car then you can head home after that .... or yes for sure we will arrange a cruise up your way for sure ... hopefully in the near furutre

im not a stalker promise just excited someone else enthusiastic abotu the MPS6 and particularly a young guy who normally droll over the 3 MPS's
    Put me down as a maybe. The 29th might not work out if I don't get my sp23 sold next week (although I have a very interested buyer I'm just waiting to get the car back from the panelbeaters on wednesday).

At the risk of offending/starting world war 3...MPS3 is just torque steer + FWD handling + hatch = meh. For me anyway...I'm sure all the other guys have their reasons.

the difference is the 6 is a boat and the 3 is a jetski...

ducks for cover.....

the difference is the 6 is a boat and the 3 is a jetski...

ducks for cover.....
    so the 3 is a toy by the same comparison?

Haha like I said..different people...different needs/wants/reasons.

Both are awesome cars we can agree on that much

Just an update. I have a buyer for my SP23 but they won't be picking it up until 29th so I have to wait until the 5th to get my MPS6 *cries*

18. Default

If u are around 21, u think u are an experience driver, and u have pretty much never had an accident, ur quote is $2300 for the comprehensive, would you stilll go on it, or pay $210 a year for the 3rd party ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anfernee0525 View Post
    If u are around 21, u think u are an experience driver, and u have pretty much never had an accident, ur quote is $2300 for the comprehensive, would you stilll go on it, or pay $210 a year for the 3rd party ?

Depends on a few things..what finance (if any) is on the vehicle...how much it is worth....likelihood of hail/storm damage in your area...whether its in the garage when at home, etc..

Also your area/where you work...how often are you in heavy traffic? (a lot of rear enders happen this way).

My point is you need to consider all those things when deciding to go fully comprehensive. If you owe money on the vehicle (unsecured) you don't want to be left with a debt if it got written off...

hope this helps.

Found a good read on insurance premiums with a survey of the best companies to suit individual needs.

Good read, have a look

Drivers get help to choose car insurance - www.drive.com.au

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast