User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: insurance for an MPS (20yr Male)

Yes that'll work a treat, one law student vs the floors of lawyers employed by AAMI, but if your confident you'll win, all the best in your fraudulent endeavours.

I have seen first hand the investigative nature of insurance companies, and it isnt pretty, also consider that the whole time you are fighting this in court your broken car will sit for months in a workshop collecting dust.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, have you tried Shannons for an insurance quote, I changed to them last year, and they were only a little more expensive than the NRMA (which I was receiving a good few discounts for anyway) and they are mod friendly too, they do advertise as the car enthusiast insurer.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Anyway, back to the topic at hand, have you tried Shannons for an insurance quote, I changed to them last year, and they were only a little more expensive than the NRMA (which I was receiving a good few discounts for anyway) and they are mod friendly too, they do advertise as the car enthusiast insurer.
    Shannons won't provide an online quote for drivers under 25. I refuse to ring them and go through all that only to find out they come back with a rubbish quote.

So looks like its either NRMA or Fastr (read their PDS and can't find anything our of the ordinarry)

Just never heard of anyone using Fastr or Fortron (who underwrite the policy) so I'm a bit suspicious. They're not exactly mod friendly either (I don't have plans for another 6 months or so anyway).

3. Default

Man you guys are all f*****. Like seriously everyone here posts on all the illegal modifications they have etc etc and how they raced so forth and so forth. Give me a break. Going into such specifications and such. Honestly I will never post in here again. I try and use my leisure time to give advice to young drivers such as myself that will save them money yet Insurance company lovers have to all post crap such as "Ohhh that is baddd mannn Ohhh you can get in shittt man". Jesus Christ. Good bye

4. Default

yeh bye ... oh your still here you better go study your law books

Didn't know this would such a hot topic

Question

Im 21. No claims within last 4 years. They put me down as RATING 1.

JUST CAR charge me $1150 a year with $35 a year RATING 1 protection. Exact same car as yours. Execpt the year lol. 2006 6 MPS Leather Pack.

All my cars have been insured through JUSTCAR. My WRX is Fire and Theft up to 15k.. that is $450ish a year.

Remember, unlimited legal modifcations aswell

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by arashyyy_88 View Post
    Man you guys are all f*****. Like seriously everyone here posts on all the illegal modifications they have etc etc and how they raced so forth and so forth. Give me a break. Going into such specifications and such. Honestly I will never post in here again. I try and use my leisure time to give advice to young drivers such as myself that will save them money yet Insurance company lovers have to all post crap such as "Ohhh that is baddd mannn Ohhh you can get in shittt man". Jesus Christ. Good bye
    Everyones thought about your 'IDEA' a long time ago.
    And Everyones reliased that it actaully isnt worth it.

Dont just 'down' the forums altogther mate.
    There are all sorts of people on here from all sorts of backgrounds. If thats how they feel about the matter and it thats how you feel about the matter. Well... Good Work. Leave it be. No ones a hero for swearing over the forums at people.

If your after information, want to give information... Put this past you and continue to enjoy the forums.

Cheers

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. See ya.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nissanman View Post

Everyones thought about your 'IDEA' a long time ago.
    And Everyones reliased that it actaully isnt worth it.

Dont just 'down' the forums altogther mate.
    There are all sorts of people on here from all sorts of backgrounds. If thats how they feel about the matter and it thats how you feel about the matter. Well... Good Work. Leave it be. No ones a hero for swearing over the forums at people.

If your after information, want to give information... Put this past you and continue to enjoy the forums.

Cheers
    Well said
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

lol. man that's a funny read.

Steve, 20 (at time of purchase and insurance of my 3mps) nrma 1800 this year
    next year, being 21 jumps down to 1300ish. not too bad i dont think.
    and to the dude who advised us his schemish ways, and says why not, as previsouly stated, your not building up any credible insurance history.
    also lol at you for leaving. this forum isnt for douche bags anyway moahahahaa

thats the best pic ever dotty

Why so uptight guys. Of course my car is registered under my parents name. I am actually a Law student so I know the mess I am potentially getting myself into, HOWEVER I know for a fact that I will be covered otherwise I could potentially have a very good court case against AAMI which I will be almost guaranteed to win. Once insurance court case goes to the actual independent tribunal (Not the stupid pathetic tribunal within the actual insurance company), they almost always lose out. My method does work and has worked for the past 3-4 years I have obtained my licence.
    Yep, great court case.. especially as you have admitted what you are doing on a PUBLIC forum....
    Best course of action would have been to PM member.

In regards to mods, they can be removed after defect is cleared and put back on afterwards - different kettle of fish.
    I used to have a similar arrangement to what you had, though I wouldnt be admitting it publicly (in writing)..

Your advice was noted as a different way of doing things, though not everyone will see eye to eye - especially with topics such as this (with legal implications) so thanks for your input
    Dont give up that easily, sometimes a little heated discussion is good for things (dont quote me on that )

Edit - tried www.realinsurance.com.au ?
    I once had someone who was performance orientated recommend http://www.rynoinsurance.com.au/ though I never gave it a try...
    Last edited by Jmac; 19-08-2009 at 12:29 AM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Edit - tried www.realinsurance.com.au ?
    I once had someone who was performance orientated recommend Car and Motorcycle Insurance Australia - Ryno Insurance Services though I never gave it a try...
    I am with Real Insurance now and they keep jacking their premiums up and up and up. They used to be very cheap but now I'm better off with NRMA almost. Their customer service is outstanding however...if they're cheaper for you then I highly highly recommend them.

When I went to real's website to get a quote they wouldn't provide one because its a turboed vehicle and im only 20. I could probably ring up and let them know im an existing customer and get a price. But I know it wouldn't be all that great.

Ryno won't insure under 25s.

Have a read of this..............the parallels to this thread are remarkable.

British law graduates sentenced over false insurance claim

The moral of the the link by KMH and this thread, it's not worth messing with insurance companies, full disclosure is always the best option (including when you add mods and get traffic infringements)

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but have a look at Just Car Insurance, they seem to be pretty forgiving and their rates aren't bad, it was the only way I could get my little sister's car insured for her...

18. Default

I just insured my new 2010 MPS for $950 with AAMI, however I'm 29

Before that I had a WRX insured for about $1050 with RACV with rating 1.

Dunno how this really helps.... but I'm new

Quote Originally Posted by Flake View Post
    Dunno how this really helps.... but I'm new
    マツダスピード

Not sure if you've got Western QBE where you are Tommo, but they are good. I've got my beast with them, full glass cover, smaller premium to pay a higher excess.
    BUT...I'm 34, so no dramas with my age...

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Strewth dude, maybe you should take a deep breath, count to 10 and then start again!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast