User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTOR: Mazda 3 MPS trumps its rivals!

Blog Entries

Default MOTOR: Mazda 3 MPS trumps its rivals!

Motor magazine's September 2009 edition has a great article comparing the new generation MPS with the Renaultsport Megane, Subaru WRX Hatch and the Ford Focus XR5.

There's a 0-100km/h, 0-400m and a Wakefield track comparison in which the MPS performs well.

Spoilers ahead:
    In summary...the XR5 is not edgy enough and the WRX looks like a plain Jane and has soft handling. The Megane is a good 'driver's car' but not easy to live with. So Mazda gets the gong as the best all-rounder, and a much better car than the original. The next comparo will be between the MPS and the GTI to see which is truly the better hot hatch.

Go out and grab it...it's an interesting read!

EDIT: Thanks to mattmps, you can read a scan of the article here.

Last edited by armthehomeless; 21-08-2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Added link to article
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Go the MPS

Will grab a copy this afternoon

Cool I'll get one too looks like it will be a good read, and it's got the sexy Ferrari Italia on the cover

I'm getting a copy!

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I'm getting a copy!
    ohhh if you getting one then I wont, once you done let me know I can borrow yours
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Noice

Ill grab one for tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    ohhh if you getting one then I wont, once you done let me know I can borrow yours
    I'm not that easy, you'll have to come get it and convince me.

Only one complaint about the story and that's why did Warren luff do the lap te on the wrx and not the others?
    Surely his skill accounted for a bit of the wrx advantage

Default abit dodgy

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Only one complaint about the story and that's why did Warren luff do the lap te on the wrx and not the others?
    Iagree wheels and motor have lost credibility in my view ill wait for tarmac mags write up
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post

Good old Warren Luff I remember his dad at Oran Park tell my group how I beat Warren's skid pan time in the Honda Accord and on the track driving throught the red cones and parking it in a make do garage many of cones in the Honda Integra V-tec back in 1994. But he was a little quicker around the track in the V-tec, I just put it to that he knew the track better...

interesting. I wonder how it would have done in last months BFYB comparo?

I havent read the article but if it says better than wrx, and wrx won the BFYB... oh well guess we will never know.

Gotta get me a copy tho.

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    interesting. I wonder how it would have done in last months BFYB comparo?

I havent read the article but if it says better than wrx, and wrx won the BFYB... oh well guess we will never know.

Gotta get me a copy tho.

From having a quick look at the article, the MPS would have trashed the WRX for BBFYB "any day of the week and twice on sundays"
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Definately worth a read for any prospective new MPS buyer. This article was the one that cemented my decision to get the new MPS.

I'm sure it was covered a while ago but the Wheels June 09 MPS Scoop Drive article was also very positive on the new model.

BLAH BLAH BLAH IF U HAVE A OLD MPS STICK WITH IF THE TRADE UP NOT WORTH IT....

Quote Originally Posted by plop View Post
    That may be your opinion however I am sure not everyone agrees.

I have to admit if I were a new buyer it would be a very attractive offer, I wish mine had built in satnav and bluetooth etc
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by plop View Post
    I agree, definately not worth trading for a few more gadgets and less fury.

Just finished reading the article and my oh my!....the MPS rocks, the WRX was threated like as even the Megane was rated higher!

There is nothing to think about...if you like its looks, have a 40k budget car in mind and dont own a turbo get yourself a MPS ASAP!!!!

havent read yet but imm off to the shop to buy it

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    havent read yet but imm off to the shop to buy it
    The new MPS or the Mag?

Had a read over the weekend,... good article, MPS comes off very positive...

I have read it and not a bad rap for the new MPS 3.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast