User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTOR: Mazda 3 MPS trumps its rivals!

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    The new MPS or the Mag?
    The mag obviously old MPS FTMFW!!!!!!!!!
    マツダスピード

but they used silver....well it was red till it was photo shopped

For anyone that didn't purchase the mag and wants to read the review

Click here to download the PDF - Its the 13 page review only =) (PDF - 12.7MB)
    Last edited by armthehomeless; 17-08-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Uploaded to my server for easier downloading

Thanks Matt,

I'm going to check my PO box today and read it over my lunch break

Blog Entries

Thanks matt, I've uploaded it to my server and fixed your link to make it easier for people

Got my Motor mag in the post today...

Gonna read it on the bus on the way home

Read the PDF, good article

I'll save buying my copy till I jump on the plane tomorrow, probably should get the subscription too, though I already get Wheels and usually only buy Motor if there is something decent in there!

Go to see its getting a good positive review

It's hard to take opening the mag to see a WRX ad claiming the 'Bang for your Bucks' crown when in the same addition the MPS comes out on top of their ratings. Why didn't they wait the month for the MPS to arrive.

Maybe the full page ad Subaru put in had something to do with it?

Anyway, a positive article and we all know who should have the title.

Bring on the test against the new GTi.

I love the billboard on the M4 in Sydney of the new MPS 3....a Postie trying to place a letter in the bonnet scope....the motto some people just don't get it

11. Default "MPS" Large decal

Hi guys,

TBH the article actually really pissed me off lol. I currently have the 08 red mazda3 mps which I feel is a lot better and quicker then the new model one. I mean the Motor magazine are saying that it took 6.61 seconds for 0-100 which I think is really poor. The wrx was almost a whole second less and the xr5 focus was only 0.1 seconds slower than the mps. Did Motor make a mistake or something? really curious about that. The 0-100 really turn me off the new mps and also with the "not so good looks of the car"
    Last edited by arashyyy_88; 17-08-2009 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post
    I love the billboard on the M4 in Sydney of the new MPS 3....a Postie trying to place a letter in the bonnet scope....the motto some people just don't get it
    PIC PIC PIC PIC... Please

Quote Originally Posted by arashyyy_88 View Post
    Hi guys,

TBH the article actually really pissed me off lol. I currently have the 08 red mazda3 mps which I feel is a lot better and quicker then the new model one. I mean the Motor magazine are saying that it took 6.61 seconds for 0-100 which I think is really poor. The wrx was almost a whole second less and the xr5 focus was only 0.1 seconds slower than the mps. Did Motor make a mistake or something? really curious about that. The 0-100 really turn me off the new mps and also with the "not so good looks of the car"
    It does indeed raise a few questions...like:

-If it is supposed to put down the power a lot better how is that it can only manage just about the same 0-100 time than the previous MPS3?

As for looks, it is clear by now that it comes down the personal preference and in the good side of things it has brought new customers to mazda, people who previosuly didnt own a mazda and people who didnt own an MPS before.

Surely as the time goes more and more people will start liking it, even those who thought they didnt like it at the start as they commence to buy into the whole propaganda.

Btw MOTOR only managed 6.6s but they also said that the claimed 6.1s by Mazda is totally doable.
    Last edited by Nirvandan; 18-08-2009 at 02:53 PM.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

The poor 0-100 time might have something to do with the fact that Luffy tested the WRX and the journo did the other 3 cars, doesn't explain the diff between Xr and the MPS tho. Any who just a thought .

Blog Entries

The 0-100 in 6.1 in the new car IS possible. You just have to flat shift.

They told me in Canberra that they were consistently getting 6.3sec and got 6.1sec once.

I'll try and get one.....

its a race

Why so much emphasis on 0-100 times? It's a pretty meaningless measure. You could have car A doing 0-100 2 seconds slower than car B, but car A might be 4 seconds a lap quicker than car B because it has better suspension, different gearing, gets the power down better etc etc. I'd be more interested in the lap time as a meaningful measure of how the car actually performs.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Why so much emphasis on 0-100 times? It's a pretty meaningless measure. You could have car A doing 0-100 2 seconds slower than car B, but car A might be 4 seconds a lap quicker than car B because it has better suspension, different gearing, gets the power down better etc etc. I'd be more interested in the lap time as a meaningful measure of how the car actually performs.

And taking it a step further... I prefer evenly matched/same cars so that it comes down to driver skills too. Just because you have spent big $ to get a sub-4sec 0-100 time doesn't mean u can drive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast