User Tag List

Thread: Why would you get a new car detailed??

Default Why would you get a new car detailed??

This is why!!

This 125 was 5 days old when i got to it. There was almost no swirling but there was some of the wickedest holograms i have ever seen lol. Ive put the best ones as befores. There wasn't a panel that was missing them. You have to wonder why you pay up to $2000 in dealer delivery fees dont you!

Excuse the pics it was all done in an underground carpark so the whole car shots are done with long exposures so are a but blurry

Before

After

Nice work Dan!!!!

Niiice

Thanks guys!

Blog Entries

No way would I accept a new car in that condition!

Great work as always Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by shinslinger66 View Post
    No way would I accept a new car in that condition!

Great work as always Dan.
    Thanks mate. The customer had already been waiting ages for it and knew it wasnt worth the hassel with the dealer so just got it done by me so he knew it was done properly.

You should see the Honda ive got coming up. Its been from detailers back to Honda Australia and then to PPG who didnt want to touch it then back to the detailers now finally its on my lap to see if it can be fixed.

looking nice!!!

what causes that?

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    what causes that?
    Hack detailers that don't know how or don't care how to use a machine polisher correctly.

I constantly read on forums people saying that buffing your car causes swirls in the paint. This is true if you don't use the correct buffing pads with the correct products and the correct technique.

Heavy cutting compounds and/or cutting pads and/or machine settings will cause swirls. We calls these buffer trials. A detailer will use these heavy products to remove heavy defects. They will then refine the finish with lighter cutting products/pad combinations. This is where the multi-stage paint corrections come from like on his website.

What Dan is showing here is a perfect example of how to machine polish your car correctly.

I can feel that owners pain.

I have yet to see Mazda do a decent pre-delivery detail of a car.

My old SP23 took two tries to get right and to bring up some shine.

The MPS is a little better but I think I am going to have to break out the RO for it too after having a closer look the other day...sigh.

my car has been screwed since day one. Probably the worst paint in oz

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    I can feel that owners pain.

I have yet to see Mazda do a decent pre-delivery detail of a car.

My old SP23 took two tries to get right and to bring up some shine.

The MPS is a little better but I think I am going to have to break out the RO for it too after having a closer look the other day...sigh.
    My Black MPS has minor swirls and scratches on delivery.

So yeh, i agree with you about pre-delivery workmanship.

Need a proper detail ASAP.

My 2 needs a good detail and so does the blue XR8 that lives here as well....

damn that looks great. came up like brand new lol na but seriously that paint looks so good. bet it is smooth as silk that paint work

gotta love black cars.

I have always felt that pre delivery charges are bloody outrageous. Under SA consumer law a product must be 'fit for purpose' so that covers the bit about "they have to check everything". In other words, you are paying a couple of thousand for a car wash and wax.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJunglist View Post
    damn that looks great. came up like brand new lol na but seriously that paint looks so good. bet it is smooth as silk that paint work
    Thanks. It was brand new That was the problem!!

My car was done really well from dealer, they told me that they washed and polished it and thats what they did, and it was good enough, but i just went over it today with some of that turtle "ice" wax and man it was a world of difference, the shadows and wet look is amazing now, but at least they didnt put swirls in it!!