User Tag List

Thread: Where to get a Towbar for the MPS6 from in Sydney?

Blog Entries

Default Where to get a Towbar for the MPS6 from in Sydney?

As above- have googled but not really finding anything onlinr for places to get one from...also what should I expect to pay?

cheers,
    Peter

2. Default

Shin, this is what I wrote to Shakes a very long time ago before I enticed him over to this forum. As you may or may not know I have a towbar, its almost inconspicous without the ball on heres a pic of it

Im reading the stuff off what the Engineers certificate says, its actually an Engineers certificate for a modified production vehicle saying that it meets RTA requirements ADR62/01

1. Towing Capacity rated 1000kg down force 80kg

2. I organised through Mazda to get it fitted as part of my dealer delivery when I brought the car. It was fitted by Roof Rack City Woden and is a Modified Haymen Reece tow bar manufactured for the mazda 6. The modification says it has been altered and adapted to suite the MPS6, incl fitting of larger bolts to the chassis (4x10mm instead of 8mm) manufactured and fitted an adapter for the attachment to the spare wheel well which takes up the gap between the tow bar and the spare wheel well.

3. *dont laugh* I havent used it to tow anything at all. Im actually quite short (so no bike roof rack) and we take our bikes many places so I wanted to be able to do it with this car too. So Ive always just used it for the bike rack

Its very inobtrusive, most ppl dont even notice I have a tow bar until I mention it and the get down on the ground and have a look underneath, I wanted it that way. I have seen another MPS6 guy here in ACT with a towbar and it has the Haymen Reece emblem on it, so maybe they make a specific one now.

It did cost me $1700 but Im sure thats because Mazda got an Engineers Certificate for it as they were delivery a new vehicle to me and had to be certified roadworthy. Im sure now that Roof Rack City have done some (mine and 1 other I definately know about), u could have them do it and be assured it is all good and roadworthy if u didnt care for the certificate.
    Last edited by blackbetty; 11-08-2009 at 07:46 PM.
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Blog Entries

Thanks Mel...I will see what I can dig up for Haymen Reece.

cheers,
    Peter

4. Default

Toyota dealer's have heaps of them, next to the hilux's
    just ask for a landcruiser. Its the best tow bar I have found, you can tow anything.