User Tag List

View Poll Results: What fuel do you use?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • Caltex Vortex 98

60 20.69%
  • Shell V-Power

57 19.66%
  • BP Ultimate

161 55.52%
  • Mobil 8000 (98)

11 3.79%
  • Generic (No-Name) 98RON

1 0.34%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel - What do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Cheese View Post
    Now that Shell has introduced RON 98 to us West Aussies to combat fuel giants BP and Caltex, has anyone in Perth given it a go?
    Thinking about it, my mechanic told me off for using anything but BP ultimate! lol.

Apparently he knows something I don't, no more Caltex for me as I get detonation in WOT 3rd gear apparently. I would try Shell though.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

when you buy a new ducati, it actually specifically states that if shell V-Power is used, then it voids your warranty.... nuff said.

Fair enough...interesting. Only Shell V-Power or others too?

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Thinking about it, my mechanic told me off for using anything but BP ultimate! lol.

Apparently he knows something I don't, no more Caltex for me as I get detonation in WOT 3rd gear apparently. I would try Shell though.
    *Gulp* I use Caltex religiously because of the fuel card I have with work. By your mechanic, do you mean Zack from Cypher? I'd use BP but it's SO F*CKING EXPENSIVE.
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

Yep, Zack told me off! haha! "I keep telling you guys, ALWAYS use BP"
    Explained I'm getting detonation on WOT in third gear. Caltex is s*** fuel apparently.
    TBH...I don't even look at fuel prices anymore...why? I need fuel...just fill up and be on my way.
    I run both the MPS and CBR on BP ultimate. Might try Shell V power in the CBR as its stock.

Haha, shite.

I've got my MPS booked with Zack next friday. I'll see what he says when I explain that I've been using Caltex for months.

Yeah, let me know what he says!

So I finally got my car serviced done at Cypher which, mind you, was $600 cheaper than what Melville Mazda quoted me. But anyway, I came over to pick it up, had a bit of a good chat about nonsense etc, and I sneakily slipped in that I was a religious user of Caltex.

To his credit, Zack took it quite well and the only thing that gave him away was a very noticeable twitch of his eye (anger vibes). I could see it ticking in his head, "Oh, he's one of THOSE people.."

Other than that, was a very pleasant visit.

\
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

I recently switched from Shell Optimax to BP Ultimate. (4 weeks now). I use to put in BP, however switched to Shell with Coles Shopper dockets given the discount.

Given the consensus here, I thought I'd give BP Ultimate a try again.

I've noticed my fuel economy has definitely improved in the last few tanks and appears to be getting even better. Today I got 531kms and the bowser read 49Ltrs thrown in. For me that is good.

Maybe it's the change in weather but the car also seems be driving much smoother.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Because of this thread I have switched to BP Ultimate from Shell V-Power.

I have been using Shell since I got my car last years and switched about 3 weeks ago

I using an app on my iPhone called "RoadTrip" and I'll post my findings

Sent from TapaTalk

in my old MR2 (41 litre tank) I smashed out a whopping 516 klm's from a tank! best full economy ever recorded was 6.91/100km, on BP ultimate.

I used caltex 98ron once, as the gold coast had run out of BP ult supplies.

I ran out of fuel at 298klm's, as the fuel guage was stuffed at the time and I was filling up based on klm's. Was a little bit sour. (As a side note, the fuel warning light in the MR2 is VERY dull, and quite hard to see in the day time.)

On BP ultimate, depending on city/highway etc I was averaging 330-450 per tank in the mr2 (the 516 was was ALL highway :P). 30-150klm's difference per tank? I'm paying for the BP. And the MPS gets the same

12. Default

phenomenal thread. Most enlightening thread I've come across at the very least, cheers for the collaborated opinions gents.

I have noticed better economy also with BP Ultimate. Have had a few tanks bad from Shell 6 months ago. Never again.

I'm only using BP Ultimate in Snoopy...!

I also only use BP Ultimate in my MPS! By far the best fuel out there!

Cheers Lee

16. Default

I use BP95 or Vortex 95. I find that it's great for hypermiling. Engine cruises great even at 1.6k revs in 6th. With BPU or V-Power, try to do the same and you get engine pinging which sucks!

17. Default

VORTEX 98 is all i use

BP Ultimate.
    Used the same in the MR2 Turbo and the Kawa ZX6R. No other fuel compares. Used Caltex98 for a little while, lost fuel economy and had a lot more carbon at the exhaust tip.

Hi folks, I noticed on my MPS fuel door it says that it supports E10 - has anyone used this, and any comments on performance/economy? I general fill up with Vortex 95, but I had tried a tank of Ultimate 98, and subjectively didn't notice any different in performance or economy.

20. Default

I think you need to try BPU for a few tanks to clean up the residue and to get the ECU to re-learn to notice any difference. I have used E10 from independent retailers before but only in emergency and don't notice any difference in economy or perf.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast