User Tag List

Thread: Boost Cut Killer???

Default Boost Cut Killer???

Hi All,

Has anyone had any experience with the Boost Cut Killer?? (as seen on MPSGarage website).
    Is this a worthy Mod? Or possibly a dangerous warrty voidind mod?

Thanks in advance (new to MPS3 forgive my lack of knowledge)

Very dangerous and definitely warranty voiding, the killer doesn't just raise the boost cut threshold, it completely eliminates it, and I would assume a manual boost controller is required in conjunction with this product.

If you want to raise boost, do it properly, with a correct tune behind it by means of an Xede or Standback, you'll pay a bit more initially but it could save you thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Very dangerous and definitely warranty voiding, the killer doesn't just raise the boost cut threshold, it completely eliminates it, and I would assume a manual boost controller is required in conjunction with this product.

If you want to raise boost, do it properly, with a correct tune behind it by means of an Xede or Standback, you'll pay a bit more initially but it could save you thousands.

Thanks Matt, I thought it sounded too good to be true. As I'm only 4mths in to wty - I'll give it a miss.

You obviously have other issues regarding the boost cut, if you are actually getting it. Find out what you fitted to get the boost cut and remove it. I'm told anything over 18psi is a waste of time anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong by all means, but, removing or tuning is the only way to solve cut issues.

Any mods can be deemed warranty voiding.

Ah ok, I was of the impression this product killed the boost cut of the factory restricted boost in 1st and 2nd gear?? I think I must have got that wrong.
    So far I have No mods aside from engine mount..looking at springs, SRI and maybe a BOV (if I can live with it). This boost Cut killer certainly looks very warranty "unfriendly".

Cheers

6. Default

The boost cut killer is to stop the car killing boost when it over boosts or the boost spikes up to 18+ psi.

The only way to increase the boost in first and second is via a tune and even then there is no real need. I short shift first and second when I am giving it some stick.

I will change into third from second at around 4000rpm and 50% throttle or so then nail it.

For your planed mods you have no need for a boost cut defender. As others have said tune and a good boost controller is the best option to deal with boost.

Yeah I find 1st and 2nd kinda restrictive. I'm used to a 5 gear ratio gear box in the Polo gti where 60kph in 1st and 105kmph in 2nd in the snap of a finger...altough3rd had nothing on the MPS....Cobb SRI on the way and Cobb Springs also.