User Tag List

Thread: Rota Wheels for the New MPS

Default Rota Wheels for the New MPS

Ok as I've mentioned in the Rota Wheels thread I'm looking at some new mags.

The specs for the standards mags are thus:
    Size: 18x7.5J
    Offset: 52.5
    PCD: 114.3

The highest offset that the mags I want is 48 which means it will be pushing the wheel out 4mm...

Do you think there's going to be enough clearance or not???

I'm really not interested in getting my guards rolled and I want to stick with the 18x7.5 rims so if these ones won't fit then I'll have to just keep looking until I find something.

Thanks in advance

Default enigma wheels

I dont know if u have considered modjular u can specify size and offset i have 18x8x 50 offset no rubbing no rolled gaurds rolled gen 2 mps may be different
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 10-08-2009 at 11:32 PM.

Hey Sam, not sure what clearances the new 3MPS has, but with my 6 lowered 30mm and a +45 offset with 225/45/18 it rubbed at the rear only, rubbing was approximately 2mm on the guards, guards rolled no more rubbing. With stock suspension there was only a bit of very minor rubbing with 5 adults on board.

Though I can see why you don't want to roll them when she's brand new, but the guy who did mine did a great job and seeing some of the efforts posted recently you'd never tell that they've been done!
    Anyway hope this helps a little
    Cheers,
    Chris
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Quote Originally Posted by fastaz View Post
    I dont know if u have considered modjular u can specify size and offset i have 18x8x 50 offset no rubbing no rolled gaurds rolled gen 2 mps may be different
    I was trying to keep the bill under $2,000 including fitting, I don't think thats going to happen with a modular set. If I have to go that way then I'll just wait a bit longer and save the extra up thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Hey Sam, not sure what clearances the new 3MPS has, but with my 6 lowered 30mm and a +45 offset with 225/45/18 it rubbed at the rear only, rubbing was approximately 2mm on the guards, guards rolled no more rubbing. With stock suspension there was only a bit of very minor rubbing with 5 adults on board.

Though I can see why you don't want to roll them when she's brand new, but the guy who did mine did a great job and seeing some of the efforts posted recently you'd never tell that they've been done!
    Anyway hope this helps a little
    Cheers,
    Chris
    If it was a couple of years old I would consider rolling the guards... but I'll probably sell in 2-3years time and I'll probably keep the car fairly stock.

Any last thoughts on this guys?

I'm pretty close to getting these, the price is right ($1,595 - delivered) and the color is exactly what I'm after... I'm just not 100% sure on the 48 offset vs the 52.5 offset...

Bit of a photochop of what it will look like (imagine brake rotors behind it )

I Like it

If you don't lower then there should be no rub, what tyre size you going to run with?

They look great.....lowering would really set it off. I think you'll be fine with +48, it will look more agressive. I'm running 18x8 +45 lowered 1.5" with standard guards and no rubbing, so I imagine that the new MPS would have similar clearances.

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    I Like it

If you don't lower then there should be no rub, what tyre size you going to run with?
    Thanks mate, I'm going to use the original tyres...

Thanks for the input everyone!
    Last edited by Enigma; 13-08-2009 at 07:51 PM.

Honestly will be sweet looks like it has heaps more room that the old one

10. Default

go the 48 offset the curvature on the spokes will be more pronounced, sit out a bit wider and look tough as

Cant wait to see it

Blog Entries

looks fantastic!

Sex

Blog Entries

Sorry MSY...I have a headache

Quote Originally Posted by shinslinger66 View Post

Looks a whole load better from that angle anyways....do it!!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Hahahah!

CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Surly since this is my thread she meant it for me