User Tag List

Thread: CES SRI Fitted

Default CES SRI Fitted

While 2XS was getting his car tuned at Chip Toque this morning, he had a couple of hours to kill. So I asked him to fabricate and fit a CES SRI intake for me.

My car is stock standard and the SRI has made a noticeable improvement to the way the car feels. I feel the turbo is spooling up a little bit quicker, and the throttle response is also a little crisper.

On the highway, the intake temp is now 2C above ambient, compared to 3C above with the stock airbox + k&n panel filter. What I have noticed though is that the intake temp will increase a lot quicker compared to the stock airbox. As soon as I stop at a set of traffic lights, the temp could increase by 10C within a couple of minutes. But it drops once the car is moving again. Compared to the stock setup, the temp did not fluctuate as much when in traffic.

I'm not sure what it will do to my fuel consumption in the long run, but right now, I love giving it a bit and hearing the turbo and BOV!

Thanks again to 2XS for fitting the SRI for me.

Cheers,
    Spud

I need one of those to match the CES TBE

Onya Spud. Welcome to the "pffftt-sssshhh" club now. .

I will do some R&D regarding the heat intake issue at stand still, maybe a better sealing heatsheild.......
    Last edited by 2XS; 11-08-2009 at 08:51 PM.

Hey 2XS, any chance you can give me a bit more info on the CES SRI, and if possible a couple of pics and what the cost is?

Quote Originally Posted by Rooballer View Post
    Hey 2XS, any chance you can give me a bit more info on the CES SRI, and if possible a couple of pics and what the cost is?
    Pricing is $400, (Includes MAF housing, heatsheild and K&N pod filter)
    + fitting, although some can fit themselves.

Pics here => http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/new-m.../2162-sup.html

Off Topic: Whats wrong with the time?
    Last edited by 2XS; 12-08-2009 at 03:22 PM.

$400 for a SRI .....................HOLY F@%K

Blog Entries

Time should be fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    I will do some R&D regarding the heat intake issue at stand still, maybe a better sealing heatsheild.......
    I think the issue is due to the MAF housing being a metal tube, compared to the std box which is plastic, so it is acting like a heat-sink. As soon as the car stops, there is no airflow and the metal housing is conducting the engine bay heat and transferring the heat to the interior of the MAF housing tube.

When the car is moving again and the air starts flowing, the metal housing is cooled and the temperature comes down again.

The MAF is also mounted directly to a metallic surface (compared to plastic when std) so it may be picking up extra temperature as well.

Cheers,
    Spud

Ok, the new MAF housing will have the option to be HPC coated, for all interested.

Photo added:

Last edited by 2XS; 15-09-2009 at 08:11 PM.