User Tag List

Thread: Option of obd2 reader for piggyback

Default Option of obd2 reader for piggyback

I am wondering if there is any scanning tool capable of reading boost pressure for a piggyback such as XEDE/Standback/Haltech?

I know scangauge is not able to do so. But since the dyno chart is able to plot the after tune boost pressure I am sure there is a way for scanning tool to do the same thing.

2. Default

The Standback comes with its own software, that you can monitor four graphs & up to seven gauges on a lap top. They also have a black box recorder to log your car (that's just its name, it won't survive a big crash,or fire).

If your just after a boost level, get yourself a boost gauge.
    Pro Sport premium range has peak boost record & a over boost warning.
    here's the link http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...ost-gauge.htmlhttp://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...ost-gauge.html

I'm pretty sure when you're running a piggyback and you've altered your boost settings, the OBD will only show what the ECU thinks the boost is at, not what it's really at since it's being intercepted and changed. This would kinda defeat the purpose, so your only option is to buy a proper boost gauge as that taps into the system and get's a real reading.

Thanks guys!!

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Would the chiptorque flash different? that is, would the OBD2 scan tool read the upgraded boost correctly if the ECU is reflashed??

If you flash then OBD will be correct (as long as your sensors aren't faulty).

What is diff between ELECTRICAL Boost Gauge and mechanical one? Can it be DIY installation?

I finally figure out how the haltech interceptor and scangauge work.
    Basically the scangauge or dashhawk will read the actual boost until the boost clamp limit is met, anything over the limit will display the limit value. Say if the interceptor sets the clamp limit at 15psi. If the car boost at 12psi, scangauge or dashhawk will show as 12psi. But if now my interceptor allows me to boost at 18psi which exceed the clamp limit, it will only tell the ECU you are only running at 15psi. Therefore scangauge will show 15psi.

No wonder before the tune, my scangauge reads MAP at 31.4 psi but now only 29.8 psi. I think the clamp limit set by the haltech interceptor is at around 15 psi.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BCMPS View Post
    What is diff between ELECTRICAL Boost Gauge and mechanical one? Can it be DIY installation?
    Electrical gauge = a pressure transducer, which converts pressure to a voltage

Mechanical = needs pressure @ the gauge to move a bellows in the gauge

Any one has any idea how many hours it would take for a normal mechanic to install the electrical gauge with the vent-pod in MPS6?