User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clear Car Bra / Paint Protection

Default Clear Car Bra / Paint Protection

Some of us were chatting in the 3 Dam Run thread about car bra's. I contacted a Brisbane company called Duco Scratch about clear protector panels for the new MPS... below is the response.

Please remember that these amounts are for a fully fitted solution, they also provide DIY kits.

Paint Protection for your car or bike - Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast

------------------------------------
    Thank you for contacting Duco Scratch. The mazda 3 MPS is in development stage and it should be ready in two weeks. To give an idea what will be in a kit for your car, please see the picture below.

The price starts from $935 fitted - small bonnet, mirrors, headlights, spot lights, top of rear bumper and front bumper.

The large kit $1590 fitted - full bonnet, mirrors, headlights, spot lights, top of rear bumper, side sills and front bumper.

If you need more information about our products please do not hesitate to contact me on 07 5549 1477 or directly on 0414 707 895.

Kind Regards,

Merrick Nemet
    Duco Scratch

Thanks for that, price gets away for some vinyl. I got to make a decision now make the car go faster or protect the paint work or both. The chalk and cheese might kill me if i do both after we have just finished buying new baby things for this month.....

UPDATE: Merrick from Duco Scratch has contacted me to say that the new MPS protection kits are now available.

I'm yet to hear if there is any difference in the previously quoted price.

Nice are you gonna get it?

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    Nice are you gonna get it?
    I'm seriously thinking about it, he's just quoted me $1,700 to do the lot inc handles & cups (completely fitted)... It takes 2.5days to do it all...

Obviously the price would be cheaper if you didn't get all of the panels done...

you wouldnt just get the front done to prevent stonechips?

Or you want it all done?

Blog Entries

Is it easily removable?

My question is does anybody else think it's way over priced it's about 4% of the cost of the car??????? Priced around $42,000...

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    you wouldnt just get the front done to prevent stonechips?

Or you want it all done?
    Well it's meant to cover all forward facing areas and anything prone to wear... which is why I'll get the door handles & cups as well... I haven't made a final decision yet about whether it will be all or just selected areas...

But looking at the pics I don't know what you would drop eg I know the rear bumper isn't forward facing, but it is susceptible to scratching etc...

Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post
    Is it easily removable?
    I believe that it can be peeled off if necessary...

From DucoScratch.com.au
    If I sell my vehicle, can VentureShield® be removed?
    Yes. VentureShield® uses a patented acrylic adhesive which can be safely removed without residue, leaving your vehicle looking as great as the day you bought it!

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    My question is does anybody else think it's way over priced it's about 4% of the cost of the car??????? Priced around $42,000...
    If you can pick up a brand new MPS Lux drive away for $42k right now, you know better connected people than I do man

I spose what I'm thinking of it what's the cost of stone chips and repainting the grill, bonnet and possibly front guards when I go to sell? I think it would be a lot more than $1,700...

Not that I think $1,700 cheap, I think $1,500 - $1,200 is more reasonable, but the bulk of that cost is labor. If we guesstimate that the cost of the material (inc wastage) is $500; then $480/day (approx $55/hr ex GST) for a professional doing their job is not excessive nor unreasonable (presuming they do a good job).

How does it make the car look when applied?
    I can't imagine you can get up a nice polish etc with this gear on??

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Well it's meant to cover all forward facing areas and anything prone to wear... which is why I'll get the door handles & cups as well... I haven't made a final decision yet about whether it will be all or just selected areas...

But looking at the pics I don't know what you would drop eg I know the rear bumper isn't forward facing, but it is susceptible to scratching etc...

I believe that it can be peeled off if necessary...

From DucoScratch.com.au
    If I sell my vehicle, can VentureShield® be removed?
    Yes. VentureShield® uses a patented acrylic adhesive which can be safely removed without residue, leaving your vehicle looking as great as the day you bought it!

If you can pick up a brand new MPS Lux drive away for $42k right now, you know better connected people than I do man

I spose what I'm thinking of it what's the cost of stone chips and repainting the grill, bonnet and possibly front guards when I go to sell? I think it would be a lot more than $1,700...

Not that I think $1,700 cheap, I think $1,500 - $1,200 is more reasonable, but the bulk of that cost is labor. If we guesstimate that the cost of the material (inc wastage) is $500; then $480/day (approx $55/hr ex GST) for a professional doing their job is not excessive nor unreasonable (presuming they do a good job).
    I sort of priced it in between the two models, I'm waiting on prices from my contact, trying to see if I can get a special deal for members long term or have a special for a month or some thing. They are just looking at it at the moment to see if it's something they can promote on the forum??????????

Quote Originally Posted by EVILMPS View Post
    From the DucoShield.com.au website:
    Will it diminish the appearance of my vehicle?
    VentureShield® will protect your vehicle for years, and remain virtually invisible.

Clear Car Bra is optically clear and guaranteed for life against yellowing or cracking due to UV exposure. The protection remains invisible, allowing the manufacturer's aesthetics to shine through unaffected.

Can VentureShield® be washed and waxed?
    Yes, you may wash an wax your vehicle as if VentureShield® were not present.

Applying the film to an SS Commodore

Finished Product

Visibility of the film

Most of the panels are completely covered so you can't see the edges of the film, but where the film doesn't cover the whole panel eg the bonnet, there is a very faint line which is pointed out in the last two pics... I'm yet to see it in the flesh but I've been told that you pretty much have to be looking for it to see it.

While the faint line would probably irk me, I think that it's a massive improvement over a car bra and stone chips.

Just keep in mind too, I'm not out to endorse this, this is just my opinion based on what I've read on their website, discussed with the owner and read about on other car forums...

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I sort of priced it in between the two models, I'm waiting on prices from my contact, trying to see if I can get a special deal for members long term or have a special for a month or some thing. They are just looking at it at the moment to see if it's something they can promote on the forum??????????
    Good Stuff

Spoke to Merrick several times over some weeks, been reseaching Ventureshield PPF for some weeks. Several agents in QLD. Merrick is a straight shooter,getting my car done approx 2 weeks.
    Yes you can wax over as much as u like.
    Researched and sited lab tests from usa for Ford and GM all good ,left 18 panels in sun in florida for 12 mths no visible change.
    Product is extremely strong and puncture resistant.Does not remove or damage paint if removed. Lifetime warranty . Head office in Austalia in Melbourne.
    PPF was designed for heli/blades in gulf war ,sand was damaging rotors and blades .
    Quoted me $900.00 for full front install and is prep to discount for MPS club at this point.
    Happy to assist with further ?????.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Spoke to Merrick several times over some weeks, been reseaching Ventureshield PPF for some weeks. Several agents in QLD. Merrick is a straight shooter,getting my car done approx 2 weeks.
    Yes you can wax over as much as u like.
    Researched and sited lab tests from usa for Ford and GM all good ,left 18 panels in sun in florida for 12 mths no visible change.
    Product is extremely strong and puncture resistant.Does not remove or damage paint if removed. Lifetime warranty . Head office in Austalia in Melbourne.
    PPF was designed for heli/blades in gulf war ,sand was damaging rotors and blades .
    Quoted me $900.00 for full front install and is prep to discount for MPS club at this point.
    Happy to assist with further ?????.
    Thanks for the input mate, is that quote for the Gen1 MPS? Did he mention which panels that includes?

Hey enigma. No for GEN 2 as per diagrams above Diag 1 .you can get just the full front or diag 2 for the back and sills inc bonnet scoop .etc
    They have the profiles for GEN 1 as well .They are cut with a computer aided plotter .so the fit is guaranteed. Hoping at this point to get a better price than 900 fitted when i see Merrick in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Hey enigma. No for GEN 2 as per diagrams above Diag 1 .you can get just the full front or diag 2 for the back and sills inc bonnet scoop .etc
    They have the profiles for GEN 1 as well .They are cut with a computer aided plotter .so the fit is guaranteed. Hoping at this point to get a better price than 900 fitted when i see Merrick in person.
    Good stuff... I might have another chat to him about my $1,700 quote... it might be worth both of us mentioning that we've been chatting on the forum!

17. Default

Guys,

I just did the invisible car bra thingy through OziShield using Venture shield. Cost very reasonable as I only did the bumper, headlights and front painted plactics. Quality of finish was pretty decent.
    Check out their website at www.ozishield.com.au to find out about their kits.

Cheerio.

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
    Guys,

I just did the invisible car bra thingy through OziShield using Venture shield. Cost very reasonable as I only did the bumper, headlights and front painted plactics. Quality of finish was pretty decent.
    Check out their website at www.ozishield.com.au to find out about their kits.

Cheerio.

How much was it if you don't mine me asking. All good I looked up the web site.
    Last edited by 240MPS; 14-10-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EVILMPS View Post
    yeah i would like to see some pics of it applied to a car then i will reserve judgement

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

ah ok i see the pics now. hehe my bad
    HKS cat back, CES SRI, DENSO Iridium cold plugs,MZR Shifter Base Bushings... more to come! got the mod bug!!!

Default Results from Scratch Duco

Hey Enigma, How do you like the protection? I happened upon them after MPS_BNE at OzMazdaClub suggested that type of material. I spoke to Merrick. Products sounds impressive, and certainly prefer getting the whole bonnet done and not just the leading edge. Like you I don't think I'll like the line it will leave. I'm waiting for a final price, but looking at $990 for the full kit, plus an additional $220 for the whole bonnet. Not sure I can go as far as $1700. But I've got some trips out west coming up and guarantee I'll get a chip, hit 5000 bugs and then wipe out a gala. I suppose pics wouldn’t be that useful as it’s meant to be invisible, but it couldn’t hurt…
    Last edited by Yeldarb; 05-07-2010 at 02:16 PM.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast