User Tag List

Thread: 06 MPS 6- Shudder and Vibration when coasting

Thumbs down 06 MPS 6- Shudder and Vibration when coasting

Hi guys, WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE INPUT IF YOU CAN
    2006 Mazda 6 MPS. Has 1 YEAR left on the FACTORY WARRANTY
    3 years of Used car warranty.

Only had my 2006 6 MPS for a few days now but when i test drove it i noticed that it had a slight shudder \ vibration type thing when you only slightly had your foot on the accelerator, in any gear above and including 2nd. I though i was being finical and let it go.

But now its becoming more aparent that there is something wrong etc.

ONLY SMALL THINGS but here we go...

1. When foot is off the accelerator, in gear (6th-5th) doing 80-110kph on the freeway, down hill just coasting, i get this reverberating type noise... like whoom whoom whoom whoom about 2 seconds between each sound. Sort of like Diff Whine.... but not... its more of a vibration than a whine.

2. This Is the shudder \ vibration when either no foot is on the accelerator and slowing down in gear (especially in 3rd-4th gears when doing 40-50kph) you get a vibration or shudder through the steering wheel

3. Is this a normal thing in the AWD MPS?...
    When i give it about half throttle in 2nd gear up to about 70kph, not revving it out, but bringing it on good boost and then go from 2nd into 4th or 5th and just cruise at that speed, the gearbox CLUNKS, you can feel the clunk, it is that harsh, but not too harsh that you think something is going to fall out lol.

Any ideas?? Like i said before the car has 1 Year left on FACTORY WARRANTY.
    Now i would like to be able to go into Mazda with some ammo instead of just saying theres a problem... find it... fix it.

Thanks everyone!
    Ive also posted this on OZMazda aswel so sorry about that

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Hi Mate,

Some threads worth looking at in regards to your vibrations.

FYI I have a new vibration and checked under the car last night and it looks like my rear mounting bracket for the diff is loose or damaged and my diff moves a little left to right if I push it around. My car is going in for it's 50000 service on Wed next week so Mazda will hopefully be able to fix this for me (again)

Anyway I suggest taking it back to Mazda and ask them to check it over for you and mention some of the problems that are in the threads below.
    Hope this helps
    Cheers
    Chris

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...solutions.html

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...n-my-mps6.html

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...-help-pls.html

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...nty-fixes.html
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Thanks for the help!

Mine has clocked just on 55,000kms. As far at all the paper work says, no warranty work has taken place in its life.

Ill check those threads out now. Ive read through the problems and warranty fixes one already,, a little help in there.

Thanks mate

Fantm1 Guest

I have had occasion on deceleration when the car shudders, but it is only very occasional, and I have no idea why. I never bothered telling the service dept because they won't know either. I also have a thud from somewhere in the driveline, but it may be different to yours. It happens on occasion while accelerating, just after the clutch has fully engaged after a gear change. Asked the service dept and they didn't have any answers. Mine is mostly noticed after changing into 3rd. Even though it is a reasonable sort of thud, it doesn't sound like anything is breaking. Good luck at getting it sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantm1 View Post
    I have had occasion on deceleration when the car shudders, but it is only very occasional, and I have no idea why. I never bothered telling the service dept because they won't know either. I also have a thud from somewhere in the driveline, but it may be different to yours. It happens on occasion while accelerating, just after the clutch has fully engaged after a gear change. Asked the service dept and they didn't have any answers. Mine is mostly noticed after changing into 3rd. Even though it is a reasonable sort of thud, it doesn't sound like anything is breaking. Good luck at getting it sorted.
    That THUD, sounds very similar to what i experiance ocasionaly.

I think its time to go to Mazda.

Thanks guys

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia