User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: racebitz's DIY FMIC & Air Intake Thread

I don't know, sorry.

After I fitted my FMIC, I noticed a lot less heat-soak and thus producing better times.

The heat-soak into the inlet manifold is the next biggest issue. My exhaust manifold cools down quicker than the inlet manifold, to the point that I can touch the exhaust side well before I can touch the inlet side.
    Last edited by 2XS; 28-12-2009 at 02:30 PM.

hmm i put bakerlite manifold spacers on my vu v6 commodore ute made a massive diff they were from Mace engineering mayb u could get in touch with them they might b able to help u with that i drove 200kays mayb more from cardwell to townsville just crusin on 100 popped the bonnet when i got home and the intake was COLD to touch

Quote Originally Posted by aussiguy87 View Post
    hmm i put bakerlite manifold spacers on my vu v6 commodore ute made a massive diff they were from Mace engineering mayb u could get in touch with them they might b able to help u with that i drove 200kays mayb more from cardwell to townsville just crusin on 100 popped the bonnet when i got home and the intake was COLD to touch
    MPSgarage also sell an item like that. I'll be looking at getting one very soon I think.

Heatsoak is only an issue when stationary. After a run down the qtr. the intake temp and plenum are cool to the touch anyway. It's the temp before the run that is critical.
    Last edited by 2XS; 01-01-2010 at 03:14 PM.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

No updates really, car has PB of 13.4@106, this was with the setup you see in this thread.
    havnt been back to the track, no new mods and clutch is gettin a bit spongy and tyres need replacing again.

She just gets thrashed daily now, my Corolla is my strip project now, maybe once my finances get sorted again i will play round with the MPS, im keeping a good eye on the other projects in Auz and OS and see what advances are being made. I dont have the cash backup to be tryin too many new ideas atm. I break this car im screwed lol.

Will post up any changes in the future tho, looking at a few cosmetic things, not my usual thing but hey...

Jason

neat job ,would do the same if i was to fit one to my 6
    cant help but do it myself, have all the gear

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234