User Tag List

Thread: 2010 MINI John Cooper Works Cabrio Announced For Australia

Cool 2010 MINI John Cooper Works Cabrio Announced For Australia

MINI John Cooper Works Cabrio To Go On Sale In Australia From September | The Motor Report: Auto News And Reviews

MINI HAS announced the John Cooper Works Cabrio will join its Australian lineup next month; the turbocharged drop top not only the third model in its John Cooper Works range, but its fastest convertible yet.

MINI claims the John Cooper Works Cabrio - first unveiled at this year’s Geneva Motor Show - is one of the quickest-accelerating convertibles in the sub-$100,000 bracket, hitting 100km/h in 6.9 seconds.

Power is provided by the same 155kW turbocharged inline four used by the MINI John Cooper Works and MINI John Cooper Works Clubman, with an overboost function unlocking a full 280Nm of torque.

Like the rest of the MINI JCW range, power is put down through the front wheels via a strengthened six-speed manual gearbox.

Sports suspension, an electronic limited-slip system, traction control and stability control assist the JCW Cabrio’s on-road performance.

The MINI JCW Cabrio features sports seats trimmed in fabric and leather, piano black dash trim, climate control, a Harmon Kardon audio system, 17-inch lightweight alloy wheels, tinted windows and MINI’s trademark bonnet stripes.

Being a Cabrio, MINI’s newest addition is fitted with the “Always Open” timer - a device which logs the amount of time spent with the roof down.

Although positioned as a performance model within MINI’s lineup, the John Cooper Works Cabrio still boasts an admirable fuel consumption rating of 7.1 litres per 100km.

At $56,900 before on-roads, the 2010 MINI John Cooper Works Cabrio goes on sale in September.

Gallery CLICK HERE

Source:TMR
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

2. Default

OMG I would so love one of them ... one day there will be a JCW mini sitting in my driveway as my sunday coast cruising car

my cousin used to own the older model that was supercharged. he let me take it out for a strap. those things handle so damn good. not the quickest car but by no means the slowest. but heaps of fun to drive