User Tag List

Thread: Mazda enters the Manufactures Series 2010

Default Mazda enters the Manufactures Series 2010

On the MPS Media Day in Canbera Alan Horsley was very cagey about where the old Targa Cars were going but he did say they were sold....I tried to get more info but he was tight lipped.

The only thing what of Jake Camilleri from Grand Prix Mazda ?

source Mazda Australia

Mazda Powers Osborne Motorsport in 2010

Mazda Powers Osborne Motorsport in 2010 Category: Motorsport

04/08/09

Reigning Australian Production Car Champion, Colin Osborne, will lead a two car Mazda3 MPS team from the commencement of the 2010 season, following an agreement reached with Mazda Australia to acquire and operate two of its specially prepared competition vehicles.

Osborne Motorsport has acquired two Mazda3 MPS race cars previously entered by Mazda in Targa Tasmania.

While the Osborne team remains independent, Mazda Motorsport will provide technical assistance and advice where appropriate.

The three times Australian champion is incredibly enthusiastic about his team’s involvement with Mazda.

“Mazda has a long and proud history in motorsport in Australia, and the Mazda3 MPS has already shown that it can punch well above its weight in tarmac rallies and production car racing.

“I am very confident that our team can engineer the Mazda3 MPS to be a serious threat to the more high-powered and exotic cars in next year’s Australian Manufacturers Championship,” Osborne said.

Mazda Motorsport chief Allan Horsley is equally enthusiastic about the arrangement.

“Osborne’s team has a proven track record in the Production Car Championship and Endurance Races,” Horsley said.

“That combined with its professionalism and high standards of presentation, made the team the perfect choice to promote the Mazda brand.”

This announcement is another shot in the arm for the Australian Production Car Championship and Australian Manufacturers Championship which have witnessed a significant resurgence throughout 2009.

“Competition for production-based vehicles is the most effective way for manufacturers to showcase the capabilities of their products in a way which remains uncorrupted by technical freedoms,” Horsley added.

The new Mazda vehicles will be delivered to Osborne Motorsport headquarters at North Rocks in Sydney within the next week, and will commence a lengthy preparation for the 2010 Championship in which Osborne is expected to be joined by current co-driver Stuart Jones.

Osborne Motorsport will complete the 2009 Australian Manufacturers Championship in its current Toyota Celicas. “We have made a decision to complete the race programme with our current cars to enable a steady preparation of the new cars for next year,” Osborne declared.

“Additionally, we have obligations to a number of supporters of our current programme. I feel a strong obligation to complete this year’s programme given my nineteen years racing Toyota products. Some people at Toyota have been very good to me throughout that period, and it would not seem right to leave this year’s job only half done,” Osborne added.

from Orange NSW

Great news and always great to see those Blue and White MPS's scream around the circuit

This means three MPS3's on the track next year.....

Rowie Nth Rocks is not far from me....OzMPS decals on the cars...

with full support on here...

Maybe you should speak to Joseph from Grand Prix Mazda about a decal on Jakes MPS as well....

Thats awesome cant wait to see that

will have to be a MPS following next year.....

we need OzMPS shirts

Thumbs up An mps 3 some

Cant wait to see those 3 little buggers give most of the field above there own class a hiding in 2010 BRING IT ON ill have 2 of those ozmps club shirts .
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 14-08-2009 at 01:24 AM.