User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Someone with a bit of back seat knowledge lol

SRI is pretty simple too. Have a quick search on Google for "How to fit SRI Mazdaspeed 3" or similar and you should find a visual guide.

But if I get the urge I'll do an intake fitting guide...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_3MPS View Post
    SRI is pretty simple too. Have a quick search on Google for "How to fit SRI Mazdaspeed 3" or similar and you should find a visual guide.

But if I get the urge I'll do an intake fitting guide...
    i love you lol

Wink

Stevie

I would imagine the MPS 3 and 6 will be the same (most cars are very similar).

All you need to do is gently pull up the back seat squab about a foot in from the edge on both sides - don't worry as the seat is pretty flexible.

Once both sides have been lifted up/out then gently pull in forward - the two rear "tangs" will be exposed as the slip out from the seat backs. You do not need to pull it all the way out as you can push the seat belts back behind & under the squab. From the front then you can pass the seat belts up thro' the slits in the seat squab.

Refit the seat squab by pushing back into position & then pressing down after you have located the 'clip' in/on the 'socket'... (Nothing special about the clip mechanism used - simple pull / push technology - and fairly robust!)

Hope the pics help - the description may a bit confusing (time of day!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seat fitting.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	1047   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rear seat fitting.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	1048   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009-08-04_235224.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	1049  

Quote Originally Posted by DanSP23Bris View Post
    backseat knowledge? "are we there yet!?!"
    i do all my best work in the back seat

oh wait nevermind
    Visa - Making Broke Mo-Fo's look like ballers since 1958
    Asking for forgivness is easier than asking for permission - Jesse James
    Wakefield - 1:23.9 (natsoft)
    Winton - 1:55.3 (natsoft)

Thanks for your help man but i cant find any of this clips or anything.
    ive got it booked in to mazda on the 17th for a service so ill just ask them if they can do anything aboot it.
    thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by IMMX5 View Post
    Stevie

I would imagine the MPS 3 and 6 will be the same (most cars are very similar).

All you need to do is gently pull up the back seat squab about a foot in from the edge on both sides - don't worry as the seat is pretty flexible.

Once both sides have been lifted up/out then gently pull in forward - the two rear "tangs" will be exposed as the slip out from the seat backs. You do not need to pull it all the way out as you can push the seat belts back behind & under the squab. From the front then you can pass the seat belts up thro' the slits in the seat squab.

Refit the seat squab by pushing back into position & then pressing down after you have located the 'clip' in/on the 'socket'... (Nothing special about the clip mechanism used - simple pull / push technology - and fairly robust!)

Hope the pics help - the description may a bit confusing (time of day!)

Quote Originally Posted by steviekfc View Post
    i cant find any of this clips or anything.
    Stevie

You've probably had the job done - but just for completeness I've downloaded the MPS 3 manual and grabbed the following out of the manual for removal of the rear seat - essentially the same but the seat cusion is formed slightly differently than the MPS 6's!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mazda3 MPS rear seat removal.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	1136  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12