User Tag List

Thread: Modifications without voiding the warranty

Default Modifications without voiding the warranty

Hey all,

Can anyone provide some advice on what performance modifications that can be done and don't void the warranty? Is there anything at all?!

Considering my warranty doesn't expire until Oct 2012, I can't really go to crazy, just yet..

Cheers!

A.

I've had an intake on since about 5000km, and had no issues with warranty. Even had a turbo replaced. It seems to vary from dealer to dealer from what I've seen.

I've got heaps bolted onto mine and just recently had a water pump replaced under warranty. It really depends on what fails with regards to what you have done.

The usual replacements will not be disputed I don't think, like the turbos and water pumps on the 3.

Hmmmm, thanks guys.. The next thing I'll need to work out now is what to get done! What gives the best results..

Thanks lads,

A.

Anything can void your warranty, depends how anal the dealer is really.
    If you are concerned about it look at an SRI and BOV to start with, both are easily interchangeable with the stock items in under 30 minutes once you do it the first time, then you can swap back to stock for services.

I have a few bits and pieces and have not had any warranty issues yet..

I had a waterpump fail too.

Took it back and it was covered under warranty!

It really depends on the dealer. Most dealers would turn a blind eye to exhaust, intake and ECU mods.

As long as you can replace it with the standard stuff easily.(ie no cutting and machining). Bolt on parts are the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by lazydog View Post
    It really depends on the dealer. Most dealers would turn a blind eye to exhaust, intake and ECU mods.
    Beg to differ on ECU mods...everything else you say is alright

8. Default

We hear this @ least three times a day.
    Guys it really depends on our dealer to what mod you have bolted on.
    Intakes, catted down pipes, BOV's Springs it all can vary.
    I have hear of dealers kicking up about after market wheels. So if its a concern ask your dealer.

ECU tuning would void warranty you would suspect yes?

10. Default

one point and one question

point: MRT are working on a chip and their current wrx/evo mods dont void warranty so their may be a way to do the ecu soon

question: Do you think a dealer would allow intercooler upgrades? a straight change over TMIC i think would be better than a FMIC? Hang on thats two questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    one point and one question

point: MRT are working on a chip and their current wrx/evo mods dont void warranty so their may be a way to do the ecu soon

question: Do you think a dealer would allow intercooler upgrades? a straight change over TMIC i think would be better than a FMIC? Hang on thats two questions.
    What MRT are doing is no different from any other tuning solution, flashes are not new.

Personally I think a dealer would kick up more of a stink from a retune than bolt ons, its weather they know about the mod or not that is the problem
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    What MRT are doing is no different from any other tuning solution, flashes are not new.

Personally I think a dealer would kick up more of a stink from a retune than bolt ons, its weather they know about the mod or not that is the problem
    Exactly.

My wrx with the ECUTEK done looks standard and puts no impressions in your mind that it has been tuned or modified.

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

If you get yourself a standback with a PNP, it's a 5 min swap to make it undetectable.

This modification can't be tracked, is easy to install and give you better fuel economy + more power.

A no brainer really!