User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powerchip

Default Powerchip

I know one of our newest members (fastaz) has had his ecu flashed by these guys, but i was wondering if anybody else has had any experience with them.
    Any thoughts or opinions welcome...............
    Powerchip
    Cheers,
    Ad.

Just been looking at exactly the same website...also very interested to hear first hand feedback.

In standard form, the 3 MPS 2.3T produces 190 kW and 380 Nm.

Powerchip has a range of chips to suit your car, which can increase it's power to between 216 kW and 220 kW, and it's torque to between 433 Nm and 440 Nm.
    From their page on the MPS3.....I have only one word...... WOW!!!!

well TallDanski has the unusual 3MPS with 172Kw...so he will pull some nice figures

Happy Motoring
    duglet

ive had my powerchip for 14 months i have had no problems with the performance /reliability / if you can get 220kws /440nms for less money go for it anyone coming to Cairns welcome to have a fang fastaz/ col 2 # FUEL ECONOMY SUFFERS THE ONLY DOWN SIDE
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 02-08-2009 at 07:49 PM.

You had yours on a dyno Col? Before and after? Would be a good comparison.

Id like to get a bit more info off Powerchip.....i might give them a call tomorrow if i get a chance. Definately seems good value for the price, just a pity you have to send your ecu to them.....

No i havn,t but you can feel a huge difference my neighbour has a 2008 wrx/sti he has taken me of his xmas card list and he has not invited me to the street bbq lately tell u anything ?

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Id like to get a bit more info off Powerchip.....i might give them a call tomorrow if i get a chance. Definately seems good value for the price, just a pity you have to send your ecu to them.....
    If you do please share whatever you find out!

10. Default

These figures are at the crank.

The website does not mention it, but it is at the crank.

What will happen if you also put in an intake or downpipe? Would you still need the Xede or similar?

I rang Powerchip this morning....apparently a fairly time consuming job. Alot of soldering is involved. I was told it cant be wiped if Mazda flash your ecu. He is emailing me some more info, so i will find out what else is involved.
    Ad.

Sounds promising.....keep us in the loop Ad

Interested in more details! *subscribes*

Guys, I am at a loss as to which way to go with Retunes.
    soldered hardware ie: exede/Standback?
    Or ECU Flashes?
    My experience is with simple ECU progrmas on VW's from APR. Book ur car in, pick it up 30mins later with plenty of additional kw's and nm's. Could always flip to original program/figures for dealer issues.
    I hope a simple ECU flash or similar comes along for the 3MPS with local support.

If anyone can tell me how to show a link that is an attatched pdf file in an email, i will be able to post up what Powerchip sent me. ( Sorry guys, bit of a computer NOOB sometimes.....lol )

Quote Originally Posted by chipped View Post
    Guys, I am at a loss as to which way to go with Retunes.
    soldered hardware ie: exede/Standback?
    Or ECU Flashes?
    My experience is with simple ECU progrmas on VW's from APR. Book ur car in, pick it up 30mins later with plenty of additional kw's and nm's. Could always flip to original program/figures for dealer issues.
    I hope a simple ECU flash or similar comes along for the 3MPS with local support.
    At the moment until some of the other flashes catch up my personal opinion is the xede is the only way to fly.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

17. Default

this is the documentthey sent me
    Attached Files Attached Files

So had a quick squizz at the pdf, looks like what I initially suspected - a flash similar to what Piasini were offering last year. Without having seen the flash or the table modifications, I'm going to say:

1) 1 or 2 psi Boost increase
    2) Further advanced ignition timing
    3) Based on COL 2's dyno - no wide open throttle
    4) Tweaks to the low and high load maps (unlikely to have increased fueling at low rpm high load)
    5) Modifications to the Throttle - Requested Load tables to smooth out throttle response

Sounds exactly like something for the people who don't want to spend alot of money doing too many mods and want to just have a bit more power/response.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    So had a quick squizz at the pdf, looks like what I initially suspected - a flash similar to what Piasini were offering last year. Without having seen the flash or the table modifications, I'm going to say:

1) 1 or 2 psi Boost increase
    2) Further advanced ignition timing
    3) Based on COL 2's dyno - no wide open throttle
    4) Tweaks to the low and high load maps (unlikely to have increased fueling at low rpm high load)
    5) Modifications to the Throttle - Requested Load tables to smooth out throttle response

Sounds exactly like something for the people who don't want to spend alot of money doing too many mods and want to just have a bit more power/response.
    How do you come to this conclusion?

Not even a flash, old school solder in chip. No throttle control either so how does this become similar to piasini?

Also everybody complained about 2 aspects of piasini.

1/ No Dyno Charts
    2/ Posting of ecu

Powerchip requires the removal and posting of your ecu and the Dyno is Pie in the sky. Cols so called dyno is just a generic Powerchip blurb, not his own dyno.

Im surprised at all the excitement.

1/ People want flash options over interceptors notably for the lack of cutting/intrusion around the ecu. Yet people are willing to permanently solder a chip?

2/ Cols power figures (no offence to you Col personally) are based on ricer math. 220kw (claimed) + 8kw + 4 kw = 232kw. Any body with any knowledge knows that this is not how things play out.

Personally stick to the Xede/Standback or look at CT flash.
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

Must admit as soon as I heard the word "solder" my pucker factor went up by a factor of 1000 or so, and sealed the deal to give CT a call instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast