User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming Soon : OEM Engine Mount Inserts

Default OEM Engine Mount Inserts

If you aren't aware, I love helping to get R&D done. The current project is an aftermarket insert for the OEM engine mount.

Fulcrum are developing these at the moment and are due to be released in approx. 1 month. We are awaiting testing on a car here in Brisbane.

They have been designed to allow a smooth general driving and idleing, but, only allow enough movement before it becomes a solid style mount.

Pricing will hopefully be 1/2 that of the CPe mount, as these are only an insert into the factory unit.

Any more ideas for R&D, just send me a PM please.

Leave your input below,

Thanks.

Last edited by 2XS; 04-10-2009 at 07:02 PM.

Will there be one for the MPS6? and if so what noticeable improvement will this give?

Is the 6 mount different to the 3?

Or can anyone supply me with a OEM 6 mount?

This impoves acceleration by reducing the torque lost from the engine twisting (apparently), but, won't transfer the vibrations of the completely solid mount.

if this doesnt ad vibrations ill be infor one .. but i some how doubt it will

CPE made big claims that theirs add little vibrations

i felt nausiated by their mount and my fillings felt like they were cumin out

I will let you know how it goes, The test car is a male driver, but has a female driver too.

If the female OKs it, all will be good?

Good stuff, I'll grab one as soon as they're available.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Is the 6 mount different to the 3?

Or can anyone supply me with a OEM 6 mount?

This impoves acceleration by reducing the torque lost from the engine twisting (apparently), but, won't transfer the vibrations of the completely solid mount.
    This is the 3MPS mount from the RPM store

and the 6MPS mount

Not sure of the size difference, anyone know? Also I'm not sure how much torque loss occurs with the 6 due to AWD?
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Do you have pics of the OEM mount for the 6?

It would require a different mount. I will see if they want a 6 aswell.

Dude get this guys to get in touch with me, I will test them out!!!

Do you have pics of the OEM mount for the 6?
    This is my OEM mount next to the SU mount that I ran for a short while. As you can see only the big end needs to be firmed up.

Gone to Volvo

Hi Troy,

Any news on these inserts yet? I'm keen to get one. If there's no test car I volunteer mine.

Cheers,
    Dan

Blog Entries

Get this bad boy in the works already You would sell stacks of them since they would fit all the older 3s as well

Waiting for fitment to test vehicle.

I will post the results when done.

They look exactly the same as the CorkSport Inserts.

I can vouge for them, they have 100% no vibration. Actually they are very similar to the CPE 60 duro mounts.

People who are complaining about the CPe mounts being not smooth must have the stiffer 75 duro mount!

I have the mount in my hands now. I just need a ginuea pig. 2 weeks testing. Anyone?

Happy to volunteer mine Troy, available all weekend for any fitting etc.

Am i correct in thinking (well was told by Mazda) that the stock 6 mps mounts are oil filled???

I think mine are going but they rekn if u dont see oil then they are fine.

I would be interested in 6 ones.

Has a torque damper on my S14, mounted to the coilover top hat and a head\rocker cover bolt.. worked a treat.

(The red thing on the sus[ension tower)

Sorry.. i miss that thing like mad and love talking about it. Engine combo as above made 183rwkw @ 12psi
    Last edited by nissanman; 03-10-2009 at 02:43 PM.

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

The original mounts are oil filled, but, sometimes the rubber splits and doesn't break the fluid chamber.

The Mazda 6 ones are totally different in mounting position. 3s are horizontal and the 6 is vertical.

I'm actually designing a motor mount/torque damper like the one pictured, to suit the Mazda 3.

Blog Entries

I'd be very interested in the damper and mount as a combo. I'm looking at the S14 install and I'd be a bit concerned about the loadings on that one head bolt. I would be wanting to see some kind of bracket that spreads the load and avoids a single stress point and the likely stress failure that can be expected to come of that. I wouldn't want to be digging sheared bolts out of the head. They aren't designed to take that.

The original mounts are oil filled, but, sometimes the rubber splits and doesn't break the fluid chamber.

The Mazda 6 ones are totally different in mounting position. 3s are horizontal and the 6 is vertical.

I'm actually designing a motor mount/torque damper like the one pictured, to suit the Mazda 3.

The mount has been fitted to a test vehicle today and first reports suggest very little vibration.

We'll wait and see if the owners GF notices.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast