User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coming Soon : OEM Engine Mount Inserts

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    We'll wait and see if the owners GF notices.....
    Wife or GF? As a GF is generally more giving in these sorts of situations

As the GF becomes 'wife' (as mine did ) those little vibrations turn into, ' get rid of the car' lol (not quite that harsh but you get the point)

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

New vs Old

Fitted

did those bits i made for you work troy you didn't get back to me

Blog Entries

Looks like a winner!!

Any word on results as yet?

GF did not noticed.

However I havent been able to give it a good trash to see if I can feel the improvement at launch and heavy acceleration, will do that on the weekend...a few more 0-100 runs and compare them with the ones I did last weekend on the stock mount

6. Default

any more news on the mounts Available yet ?

I'd say Fulcrum would have started production, not sure if thats a definate, but, I'm still waiting to get the intial mount back for further testing in another car

am interested in this one to 2xs

looks very good

Prototype mount has been removed of my car this afternoon, it will now be installed on another MPS that is a lot closer to stock except for an SRI for futher feedback

10. Default

Great, would love to get one!

This has been fitted to my car now. Initial feedback has been provided to 2XS and will be provided to Fulcrum shortly. I'll post my impressions for everyone here a little later on...

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    This has been fitted to my car now. Initial feedback has been provided to 2XS and will be provided to Fulcrum shortly. I'll post my impressions for everyone here a little later on...
    Hey Dan and Troy whats happening with this mount insert?????

Is it a goer?

PS. I would also be very interested in the dampener as well.

Damo
    2006 True Red Gen 1 3 MPS Sports.

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

Corksport Stuff, Special Mazda 6 Horn

Fulcrum are going ahead with it, unsure on release dates at the moment. There'll be a few different durometer levels (hardness of insert) available. Further info below from an email trail between Fulcrum R&D, Troy and myself.

"We will be sure to make a note in the catalogue that NVH will be increased slightly. Your test item was the softest of our 4 different durometers of polyurethane and it was also heavily voided to reduce the surface area that was in direct contact with the mount.

Now that we have some feedback on the performance of the bush we can look at the release of this bush. There is no pricing available yet and won’t be until we have completed the mass material used, hardware etc. Being the silly season people are away and jobs will be on hold until the new year. We have a lot of cars to R&D and new parts to release so we will get on it as soon as we can. When we have a list price setup along with the part No. we will contact you so you can order/spread the word."

Looking forward to the test results.

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

Default Goodo

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    Fulcrum are going ahead with it, unsure on release dates at the moment. There'll be a few different durometer levels (hardness of insert) available. Further info below from an email trail between Fulcrum R&D, Troy and myself.

"We will be sure to make a note in the catalogue that NVH will be increased slightly. Your test item was the softest of our 4 different durometers of polyurethane and it was also heavily voided to reduce the surface area that was in direct contact with the mount.

Now that we have some feedback on the performance of the bush we can look at the release of this bush. There is no pricing available yet and won’t be until we have completed the mass material used, hardware etc. Being the silly season people are away and jobs will be on hold until the new year. We have a lot of cars to R&D and new parts to release so we will get on it as soon as we can. When we have a list price setup along with the part No. we will contact you so you can order/spread the word."

Excellent news Dan. Good stuff.

Damo
    2006 True Red Gen 1 3 MPS Sports.

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

Corksport Stuff, Special Mazda 6 Horn

Is the GEN 2 mount the same?

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post
    Looking forward to the test results.
    Here is the feedback I provided direct to Fulcrum R&D.

- Vibration is noticeable through the steering wheel at idle, 1/10 times it was noticeable in the cabin through the dash. About a 20-25Hz frequency. I don't find it annoying, some might. Edit: Updated to add that it went away after about 3 days, there is still a little more vibration vs. the standard mount but it's neglible. In day-to-day driving you won't notice/care.

- Gearshift is noticeably more positive and direct. Biggest improvements are from R to 1 and 2 to 3 , where output shaft changes are I'm guessing. I didn't pay attention to the 4-5 shift, I'll have a look at that when I have some more open road to play with.

- No more engine oscillations (up and down movement) when going over low frequency road corrugations, speed humps etc. This is a problem with the factory mount, the engine will oscillate through an up/down/up/down cycle after hitting a speed hump, enough to have difficulties engaging power smoothly after crossing the hump (really noticeable in shopping centre car parks where they have the metal crowns over the concrete slab joins). Multiple corrugations used to cause havoc and make it sound like the motor was going fall out the bottom of the car. The firmer mount has made this problem go away.

- Under acceleration the drive is more positive, with noticeably less engine movement (the torque moment along the N-S axis of the car when under power). Can feel that the power delivery to the road is more direct without the rocking motion of the motor. On a quick prod of the throttle where I'd normally expect axle tramp I got wheel spin instead.

- Overall, it's a good improvement, worth it for the better gearshift feel and reduced motor movement alone. As a direct replacement for a worn out/broken factory mount, some may not like the vibration at idle but the other characteristics wouldn't be that noticeable to the average person.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post
    Is the GEN 2 mount the same?
    No idea to be honest. Be worth getting underneath one to have a look.
    Last edited by TD; 15-01-2010 at 12:46 PM.

Thanks for the update. The characteristics seem very similar to that of aftermarket mounts currently available so I guess it will be the price which will determine it's success.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12