User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Why did you buy a MPS?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    Dano= Dan_3MPS
    Hes a very tall boy. Is it true you have to be a midget to drive an XR5?

Maybe the orange colour is to make up for other driver "short" comings?

Danski also has big feet, and for that you need good support.. er.. big foot rest

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Hes a very tall boy. Is it true you have to be a midget to drive an XR5?

Maybe the orange colour is to make up for other driver "short" comings?

Danski also has big feet, and for that you need good support.. er.. big foot rest

o damnit, i dont have J3ss in here to back my libido up.
    on a serious note.....the head room difference is minimal, our seat is only an inch higher. (still too high), although i have never had a problem with no headroom being only 5"10......

i so wish i could get some aftermarket seat rails

4. Default

Howdee,

I was looking at the XR 5 turbo, but couldn't find one to drive anywhere, and the no cruise control was a black mark on it.

Looked at Golf GTI nice lookin, got great reviews, but it's a wanna be yuppie car, so wasn't for me.

Also an sp23 sedan but just didn't have the herbs to keep me happy, coming from a V8 commie.

Last but not least was a BFII XT V8 falcon, which If i could get a manual I probably would have got, but auto only, and also at the time I wanted a smaller car..Now need a bigger one damn it...

So after taking the MPS 3 for a spin the mid range and high end thump won me over even if it's slow off the mark, plus much nicer interior than the low rent Focus...

So 70,000km later still going strong....

Welcome aboard dude

Quote Originally Posted by MaN|aC View Post
    o damnit, i dont have J3ss in here to back my libido up.
    on a serious note.....the head room difference is minimal, our seat is only an inch higher. (still too high), although i have never had a problem with no headroom being only 5"10......

i so wish i could get some aftermarket seat rails
    I'm also of similar height, so no probs with the 6, though thankfully the drivers position adjusts down quite low Unlike the passengers side which doesn't, my mate climbed in the other day and banged his head on the passengers side (he is 6"4) and then proceeded to complain about how his head touches the roof and that he would never buy one of these as he couldn't fit, I then pulled over and swapped sides and there was a truckload of room for him in the drivers side, so he was happy (and I let him drive it too)

Not sure why the passengers side sits higher as there is nothing under the seat that would cause this
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Not sure why the passengers side sits higher as there is nothing under the seat that would cause this
    Something to meet safety requirements maybe? Dunno, just a guess...

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    I'm also of similar height, so no probs with the 6, though thankfully the drivers position adjusts down quite low Unlike the passengers side which doesn't, my mate climbed in the other day and banged his head on the passengers side (he is 6"4) and then proceeded to complain about how his head touches the roof and that he would never buy one of these as he couldn't fit, I then pulled over and swapped sides and there was a truckload of room for him in the drivers side, so he was happy (and I let him drive it too)

my seat is adjusted up high as Im 5"4 , heaps of room for me everywhere
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Went into mazda dealer to test drive the maz2, cos I was looking at a more fuel efficient midget mobile (my fiance had a echo which was good for inner city driving, parking and ran on no fuel whatsoever). Felt like the longer I drove it the more I couldn't handle lack of creature comfort and the interior did nothing for me. I went with a mate who is a car nutter, and my mum wanted to buy a 3, so we thought we'd do a deal with the dealer.

Then I decided to drive the 3 base model. It was definitely a goer compared to the 2, and pretty good on the ol' fuel. I was pretty much sold on it, but my mate was like "ask the dude if we can take the MPS for a spin man". When we got back to the dealer, the salesman (who was a mate of mine) said "do you wanna take the MPS for a spin just for laughs". We did, and my mate was selling me on all of the finer details of the MPS, whilst holding on for dear life as we got a handle on the boost! The car just spoke to me, and realistically I wasn't financially hurting, so as I drove back to the dealer, I saw the salesman walking up (he let me and my mate drive it alone!!!) and I asked him how much. He thought I was having a laugh, as I had originally gone in set on the deuce, and he hadn't done any 'selling' at all - my mate had done all the work.

I called him the next day to lock it in, and his mates at the dealership couldn't believe how good a salesperson he was. Imagine you being a salesman: dude walks in, test drives a 2, then test drives a 3 base model, then test drives a mps sports pack. Buys it the next day.

The salesman got some serious cred from the rest of the salesteam for that one, and since March 08 I have enjoyed every ride in my stock true red MPS3. I have had dudes who own gti's, wrx's etc go for a spin with me (and drive it themselves) and they have all said the MPS3 wins hands down. I have also had many critics who have been won over after experiencing the MPS3 first hand. From the holden brigade, to my brother who has a highly modified R32GTR, all have a healthy respect for the MPS3.

10. Default

Good to have you on board Digs. Most of us have had the same experiences with the MPS. Its an awesome car period. I often think that the new MPS will attract a greater female crowd, which is good for the MPS club, seeing as there are plenty of fellas here, and a lot of them are single (excluding myself of course)

Unfortunately, my time with my 07 cosmic MPS is coming to an end, and who ever ends up with it, will have a bl00dy bullet on their hands - i'll certainly not bother giving it a drag if it ever rocked up beside me at a set of lights...... I think i could pip it up to 2nd gear in the Sti Spec R, but then......... it would be goneski..
    Last edited by Wardski; 26-06-2009 at 04:57 PM.

I guess ive got a similiar story to the OP like most people, its just a fantastic car!

yeah theres plenty of leg room.... front and back...

I managed to fit 5 100kg plus adults in and they all said it was fine...i was pretty impressed

Default 5 Year P

I brought my ute in 2004 and it was the first car the I have own since new. It has been a great car, a 2004 VY II Storm Ute, the perfect compromise between a sedan and a work horse. But... I had a plan when I brought it that I would turn it over in five years (the balance as I see it between reliablity and replacement costs). So, here we are at the five year mark and what do I do?

The last six months has been a research and test drive bonanza. I have looked at Golf GTI's (reliable, well built, balanced but boring as), WRX (great handling and power, as long as you keep the revs up, and the interior is as cheap as a Nissan (Love the GTR) or may I say Kia), XR5 (Ford and Volvo, need I say more Blah)(I know Ford HAD 20% of MAZDA and the RS is awesome, but not available here and only a 3 door), HSV Astra (a Pig of a car, and I like Holdens).

In the Mid car range I have looked at the Accord (good package but under powered), the Pasat (neat car, well built but to much for anything with grunt and to add the options you could buy an Audi A4), Liberty (Great car, and much better interior than the WRX, but way to much for the perfomance models), Mazda 6 (love the look, options and drives well but lacks the sports apeal I was after. If the MPS was still available in the new model I would have been there with bells on) RX8 (Don't hate the look, handles fantastic but the rotary maintenance scared me off).

So here I was, all confused, cashed up and no were to go???

In my internet travels I happened across a sneak peak at the new 3 MPS (my wife has an 07 SP23 Lux. which I drive from time to time and enjoy and she had a 01 Astina which was good, but under powered with the 1.6. When we brought it I looked at the previous 3 MPS and tried to talk her into it, but with no success). Anyway, I liked the new lines and the talk of improved handling and comfort while maintaining the power of the previous beast. So, I have waited and waited until I saw that they were finally here (thanks to this site) and rang my dealer to book a test drive.

Well after being the first at the dealership to drive one, I became the first to Buy one and I pick her up on Saturday. Power, comfort, surprise (to the people in the car next to you) and everything you could want in a new car and some you hadn't thought of.

15. Default

good story

Quote Originally Posted by Maginty View Post
    I brought my ute in 2004 and it was the first car the I have own since new. It has been a great car, a 2004 VY II Storm Ute, the perfect compromise between a sedan and a work horse. But... I had a plan when I brought it that I would turn it over in five years (the balance as I see it between reliablity and replacement costs). So, here we are at the five year mark and what do I do?

The last six months has been a research and test drive bonanza. I have looked at Golf GTI's (reliable, well built, balanced but boring as), WRX (great handling and power, as long as you keep the revs up, and the interior is as cheap as a Nissan (Love the GTR) or may I say Kia), XR5 (Ford and Volvo, need I say more Blah)(I know Ford HAD 20% of MAZDA and the RS is awesome, but not available here and only a 3 door), HSV Astra (a Pig of a car, and I like Holdens).

In the Mid car range I have looked at the Accord (good package but under powered), the Pasat (neat car, well built but to much for anything with grunt and to add the options you could buy an Audi A4), Liberty (Great car, and much better interior than the WRX, but way to much for the perfomance models), Mazda 6 (love the look, options and drives well but lacks the sports apeal I was after. If the MPS was still available in the new model I would have been there with bells on) RX8 (Don't hate the look, handles fantastic but the rotary maintenance scared me off).

So here I was, all confused, cashed up and no were to go???

In my internet travels I happened across a sneak peak at the new 3 MPS (my wife has an 07 SP23 Lux. which I drive from time to time and enjoy and she had a 01 Astina which was good, but under powered with the 1.6. When we brought it I looked at the previous 3 MPS and tried to talk her into it, but with no success). Anyway, I liked the new lines and the talk of improved handling and comfort while maintaining the power of the previous beast. So, I have waited and waited until I saw that they were finally here (thanks to this site) and rang my dealer to book a test drive.

Well after being the first at the dealership to drive one, I became the first to Buy one and I pick her up on Saturday. Power, comfort, surprise (to the people in the car next to you) and everything you could want in a new car and some you hadn't thought of.
    Nice work im sure you'll love it
    マツダスピード

As far as height is concerned, Im fairly tall, and I've never had any troubles in any cars really, though generally the seats right back as far as it can go....

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    my seat is adjusted up high as Im 5"4 , heaps of room for me everywhere
    Do you find when you adjust the seat to reach the pedals properly that you're sitting too close to the steering wheel? I have this problem all the time and I don't know what to do about it!

I have very short legs, so I guess that's where the issue is. But then, you are taller than me, so perhaps you don't experience this!

Quote Originally Posted by MPS3 View Post
    As far as height is concerned, Im fairly tall, and I've never had any troubles in any cars really, though generally the seats right back as far as it can go....
    I expect not to fit in most cars smaller than a 3, the only car I've ever seen that had more seat travel than I could use was the VT-VZ Commodore. That's also the only standard car I've ever seen guys over 2m tall really comfortable in. I'm a smidge under 2m tall, but with long thighs and long arms which restricts car choice somewhat...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_3MPS View Post
    I'm a smidge under 2m tall...
    Hence ... TallDanski

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast