User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did you buy a MPS?

Here's what I wrote on another forum when I got mine...

I've finally got a decent performance car (but stayed true to Mazda) by getting a new Mazda 3 MPS.

I'm very happy with it. Also drove the Focus XR5 Turbo (high seats with little thigh support, no left footrest, no cruise), WRX (just didn't like it) and the 3 MPS left me laughing and wanting more, these things are so much fun to drive! Damn quick for what they are, and the torque steer is handled well due to the electronic trickery. Third gear is awesome and I'm wondering how long it will be before I start racking up the fines as exceeding the speed limits as soon as the boost comes on is ridiculously easy. It stops and steers pretty well and is comfortable in traffic to work with great point and shoot ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_3MPS View Post
    Here's what I wrote on another forum when I got mine...

I've finally got a decent performance car (but stayed true to Mazda) by getting a new Mazda 3 MPS.

I'm very happy with it. Also drove the Focus XR5 Turbo (high seats with little thigh support, no left footrest, no cruise), WRX (just didn't like it) and the 3 MPS left me laughing and wanting more, these things are so much fun to drive! Damn quick for what they are, and the torque steer is handled well due to the electronic trickery. Third gear is awesome and I'm wondering how long it will be before I start racking up the fines as exceeding the speed limits as soon as the boost comes on is ridiculously easy. It stops and steers pretty well and is comfortable in traffic to work with great point and shoot ability.
    And its Aurora Blue

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Mine is probably one of those unplanned purchases. We (me and the missus) owned a '04 Toyota Echo (still is) and a '02 Kia Carnival. We weren't planning of buying a car at the time but little that we know, We were going to be a proud owner of a beast . We had a major problem with the Kia and after fixing the problem, (which cost us a fair bit) we decided to get rid of the car.

I loved the MPS3 looked ever since it was introduced but initially thought that it is a little bit to pricey for us and so we was looking for the new Honda Civic, but the response from the sales person was extremely rude!!! So I walked off the dealer, swearing my head off (Not to the sales person, unfortunately, HAHA)!!

We decided to crank up our price range and had a look around for GTi, XR5 and of course, MPS3. The missus didn't like the interior of neither the GTi nor the XR5 but she felt in love with the MPS3 overall presentation.

And so after a couple of visits to two different Mazda dealers (the first one gave me so much misery ), we are a proud owner of '08 True red (woohooo) MPS3 sports. But the best thing is that we have had the car for almost a year now and we are still lovin' it!!
    2008 MPS3 sports - True Red

High.... First post 4me
    HOW i come to the mps6 was, i wanted performance,reliability and economy with a nice interioOr. especially didn't draw attention. It was a Practical choice. (though there is a shortage of modes for this car in this country unlike nissans : ( I had been going to get R32gtr, i missed out on it after nearly a year of searching for that 1 car that had it all. Anyway looked at importing R34even building one, checking out and test driving evo's, sue'bs. 350z was my final choice nice interior and plenty of options for mod's. Ok i go over to check out a sports version of the 350z (next car !!!! 370z but will keep da mps ) i ended up getting shown the mps as i um'd and arh'd over somethings to do with this and that looked at a Evo and mentioned **** interior but i really wanted Awd and so the dealer mentions Mazda mps" huh " " whaaat" never heard mazda making a awd performance vehicle... Wow ok not the orange color i was going with but BLACK is SEXIE..... For the next two weeks i check out the mps6 on the net and do some research.....DEAL now can we get some body kits and other mod's into the country. I love it.....wave as i pass you by.

Previous car was a 1998 honda accord. Started getting a little slow. Wanted something fast and something that wasn't in the spotlight as much as the WRX. Looked at the wrx, and golf gti. But was won over by the MPS. liked the interior and the torque steer and pretty much everything else. The dealer offered me a MPS6 for the same price of the 3 but they only had the 1 color which was tan ( not sure on official name ).

plus I liked the look of it over everything else I was looking at.

I had an SP23 and my wife had a 6 classic before her VW, always loved Mazda's and when I test drove the 3 MPS, RX8 and 6MPS in the same day I decided on the 6 (after 3 more visits to the dealer and test drives) Also test drove a Liberty GT, which didn't feel quick a Golf GTI (too close to the wife's Jetta TFSI, Passat V6 (didn't look cool enough) and a Volvo S40T (couldn't bring myself to own a Volvo) and thought that this is a very pricey 3/Focus, so the 6MPS was the car for me and have not regretted a moment since.
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

well i used to own an '94 EB falcon sedan which was good at the beginning but just gave me tons of problems down the track also liked to really drink the fuel. Decided i wanted something with better fuel economy as i was in tafe and only working part time so didnt really want to spend much on maintenance either so bought myself a '94 eg honda civic sedan. I thought this was the car id stay with as there is heaps of mods for this model civic around. still with extractors,SRI,exhaust still lacked heaps of power and was involved in an accident which almost wrote i off and was too keen on keeping a car that had been in such a big accident(not my fault) and could end up with more problems down the track...my parents bought an '06 mazda 3 neo and since driving that a few times i fell in love with its power,handling,ride quality etc. so i started looking at the mazda 3 range and saw the MPS3 and just fell in love with it. did some research on it and went for a test drive and just fell in love with it more but only the price held me back as it was abit out of my price range at the time so i decided to look for a few others, 200sx, wrx, gti,xr5t but none of them felt the same as the mps3. so i decided to just stick it out with the old civic for a few more months and saved up untill i had enuf that i needed to buy it. got a good deal from amr motors at petersham and the sales rep was an absolute pleasure to deal with.. no problems at all from them. i couldnt be more happier and dont regret a single thing even though im broke as hell now lolz.
    CURRENT: 2009 VW Passat R36

PREVIOUS: 2008 Mazda 3 MPS

I had an SP20 and my wife had a VY SS. All that power made me jealous, I wanted it too.
    I looked at getting an Evo, Gti or the MPS. I told the car yard that we got the SS from that I wanted a peformance car, he rang me and said "I've got a Ralliart Colt", NO, Weeks later "I've got a WRX", No again, then he rang me and said "I've got an MPS". I drove down there and saw it, took it for a test drive and signed the papers when I got back. I only stalled it once too.
    The price was the seller for me, a 2 1/2yr old sports pack MPS for 30k. Sold.

My SP was black, I've had 3 black Magnas before that, so I wanted black (Yes BB Black), and currently my wife has a black Camry. I do miss black. Maybe I'll paint it.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Ummm, I couldnt find a EVO 8 for the right price at the time.

This also has a far better interior, especially for the amount of long trips on holidays I do.

After playing with hot hatches in my earlier car days, then moving into company cars i.e Crummydoors & Cumrags, I started a new job with better options on my salary package and opted to purchase a car myself, rather than novated lease etc.
    I had always enjoyed the hot hatches so I started thinking, the WRX ? too much attention, STI or EVO even more attention & a price tag to match, GTI, I couldnt do that after seeing the R32, then flicking through a mag I came across an ad for the XR5, that really caught my eye, the MPS3 was just a rumor at that stage so it was off to the Ford delarership, ordered the car with an expected 6-8 month wailtlist, which was convenient as my wife was on maternity leave at the time so it freed up a bit of cash until she returned to work, 9 months later and very little rego remaining on my wifes Excel (the trade in) and no car due for about 2 months I strolled into the Mazda dealer, sat down and nutted out a deal, Ford dropped their contract and refunded my deposit and the rest is history.

11. Default

had a ford laser for 5 years and though it was a little sh*t box... that car had more hits then elvis.... the thing was a wrecking ball... and after 5 years apart from paying for all the damages i made $300 on it(bought it for $2200, sold for $2500)...
    was looking at sr5 hilux really like them... and the price was ok figured i'd pay it off in under a year... but was to lazy to test drive one... so my dad gave me an 2 choices(as i need to by a new car, the laser was about to die) either a normal mazda 3 or a sp23... didnt want neither... my mate had an sp23 and it was good to drive and handling was good too.. but didnt want the same thought to myself always liked the mps3, didnt want to get a wrx cause every man and his dog has one and i hate the sound of them after hearing them drive past me where ever i was... didnt really like the xr5t and the golf gti's dont really do anything for me... looked at a few evo's but one of my dads mates who had one in his yard told him not to get one cause there's a high theft rate...

so i was left with the mps3 or sp23... only thing that was holding me back was insurance and the car salesman at mazda advised me not to get an mps as i'm only 22 and the car is uncontrollable...

i laugh at that guy now... best thing i've done and i think the handling is awesome on the car(you get used to the torque after a while.. now just a bit worried to let other people drive it cause they dont hold on to the steering wheel lol )... yet to line up anything to see how it goes against a wrx but wouldnt' swap the mps3 for anything and got a good price for it...

I was looking around at S15's, EVO7's, WRX's and R34's but all of them attract too much of the wrong kind of attention and were also older and out of warranty. My girlfreind jsut bought a SP23 and I really digged it....nice interior and styling. About two weeks later I traded my SSS and brought home the MPS. Still love it.....

love this add...(above)
    i never really knew about them untill onday i got owned when i was in my vu ss ute... i thoutht.. mp wha??? lol.. but i test drove a vdub polo gti, fiat punto sport, and was intersted in a mk 4 r32 golf!!! still happy with my choice...!!

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HellionXR6T View Post
    I was eying off the perfect Cosmic 2007 model with only 9000kms on it and missed it by one day. Was on sale for 3 months, spewing.
    Guess who got to it before you

And indeed it is the perfect MPS, bar a bit of history reminiscent of the engine bolt recall late 07.... Coming out of an '04 Mini Cooper S Schnitzer (with no back seat - just a friggin cage) in Hong Kong (1050kg with 162kW at the front wheels - fking crazy car, racked up too many speeding fines, almost wiped out a dozen times in the mountain roads around Stanley - A car I will remember as the only one that made me hold that damn "holy $hit handle 99% of the time, and taught me the ropes about driving a FWD absolutely mad)

and landing in Australia, I was looking for best bang for my buck. I found it in the "said" 07 cosmic, and after a few worthy modifications that turned the machine into an absolute beast, I was happy. While not as fun as the Mini Coops S Schnitzie , the MPS, with its unbelievable accelleration between 70-140km/hr and fun in the twisties without traction control, has been just what the doctor ordered.

Build quality issues late last year dampened its soul tho, along with Mazda Australia's Toolish behaviour - and even tho its all fixed and running bonkers, I'm really gonna miss it come September.....
    Last edited by Wardski; 21-04-2009 at 10:01 PM.

The reason you buy a MPS is simple

[YOUTUBEHQ]9iTxa6F0AXo[/YOUTUBEHQ]

Winner of 3 car comparos in a row

Will the new one be able to keep the top place...

Happy Motoring
    duglet

I've always owned muscle-cars and big V8's, including: HQ SS, VN SS, VN Calais, VN 5ltr Wagon, 69 HK Brougham w/- dual flame-thrower exhausts, and we still have our HQ GTS 2-door.
    We bought my wife an 06 Maxx Sport in Velocity Red brand new, and she loves it!
    I saw the MPS come out some time later, and tried to get my wife to trade up, ut she couldn't justify the price.
    Last year I had to up-grade my VN SS, and looked at the new VE Sportswagon in an SS-V with 6ltr and 6 speed manual. But the sky-rocketing price of fuel scared the crap outta me!
    I still wanted a car with balls, and found my little black bitch on carsales - 2nd hand, with only 4000k's on her. Apparently the guy that bought it new drove it for a few months, and then traded it on a stock Mazda 6...
    This was the first turbo-charged car I had driven, and nearly pooed my pants!!!
    It was love at first drive!!!!
    She is still stock, but I'm looking forward to modding her up in the near future - especially now that I have changed jobs and been given a company car. 08 Toyota Hilux Turbo Diesel, not quite as exciting to pedal down the tarmac...

Torque-steer FTW!!!

"Because the waiting list for a Ford XR5 Turbo was to long......"

And before you all fire up and get shirty..... I'm just repeating what two or three MPS's owners have said to me.....

Quote Originally Posted by ChaMPS View Post
    "Because the waiting list for a Ford XR5 Turbo was to long......"

And before you all fire up and get shirty..... I'm just repeating what two or three MPS's owners have said to me.....
    I wonder who said that

Happy Motoring
    duglet

i didnt.... i just hang out with all the cool people that own them except a certain red mps driver who likes to think he is cool but really isnt

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    I wonder who said that

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    I wasn't going to say anything.....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast