User Tag List

Thread: Pedders Extreme XA Coilover kit

Default Pedders Extreme XA Coilover kit

Hi All,

Was just down at my local Pedders store (who did all the Bilstien and H&R susp work on my old GTi) and they quoted me $1600 for their own Pedders brand of Coilovers for my Mazda3 MPS. plus fitting and Wheel alignment.
    Does anyone know much about the reputation and quality? I assume they are mass produced chinese product etc...etc...I want a cost effective (not dirt cheap) "street"/occasional track susp solution...price looks good but quality?
    Anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks in advance

hmm, personally I would steer clear of pedders.
    Nothing to really back it up TBH but have not heard good things.

Where are you located?
    If you are in sydney I would recommend visiting east coast suspension

Shop 9, Auto Plaza, 16 Waratah Street
    Kirrawee
    NSW
    AUSTRALIA

If not...

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gsl-r...kage-deal.html

Quote Originally Posted by gslrallysport View Post
    Hi guys,

I've seen there's a bit of interest around the place in Bilstein B8 and Eibach Pro Kits to suit the MPS3!

We've just priced up a package deal to suit:

- Front and Rear Bilstein B8 Shocks
    - Complete Vehicle Eibach Pro Kit Springs

$1649 plus delivery!

For more info, or if anyone wants individual pricing, PM me, or give us a bell on 1300 884 836.

Regards,
    Greg
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Is pedders really that bad?

$1600 is Tein price range.

OR go for BCs or YSRs for $1200-$1300. Careful with BC coilovers as they do come with softish spring rates. So track work may not be the best with them. It is different for every version coilover on every model car.

If you are willing to spend $1600? Then look at Tein or HSD.
    Last edited by projectrracing; 02-04-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Yeah i was just quoted $1600 for Pedders...ridiculous... but i love the adjustment on top of the strut.
    Where can i buy the Tein SS?

I have heard great things about this product, no personal experience though.

i got the xa extremes and they rock

A mate of mine had these in his XR5 and they were pretty good, compare to some coilovers they are on the soft side but depending on the road condition you have that might not be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MPSDAN View Post
    Yeah i was just quoted $1600 for Pedders...ridiculous... but i love the adjustment on top of the strut.
    Where can i buy the Tein SS?
    TEIN Australia - Fulcrum Performance Suspensions | Coil overs | Adjustable Shocks | Lowering Kits | Roll Control Handling Grip Lowered Coil Suspension Coil over kits for Commodore, Falcon, WRX, EVO, Skyline, Golf, Audi, Nissan, Toyota, Subaru, Sti, L

I got mine from them.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

I heard quite some time ago that the Pedder's items were on par with the BC items. Apparently they are quite good for the price.... Having said that, you can now get yourself a full set of Ohlins for $1K more.

11. Default

I bought a 08 MPS with these on already and was ready to swap them out ,but after raising and softening they are very good and the quality seems as good as any.