User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiptorque flash?

Default Chiptorque flash?

I noticed we've got Chiptorque representation on the forum now. Any chance you could give us an update on the progress of your ECU flash for the 3 MPS and what's involved in getting it? Price would be handy too

Thanks!
    Dan

I'll talk to you Danskii

Hmmm, im also interested!

me too.....used to flashland on ECU's after driving Gti...tell us more.

Just sent them an email via the user control panel, hopefully we'll get a reply in here

Bump...hello....

Whats involved?

1/ Make booking with CT
    2/ Leave car for 4 Hrs or So
    3/ Flash is uploaded and tuned to suit your car
    4/ Cost is approx $200 per hour.

You'll find plenty of info on other threads like some of my old ones guys.

Flash is ready, just no handheld device to flash to and from. Targa car ran both xede and CT flash.

Has anyone had the CT flash done?

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Has anyone had the CT flash done?
    I was keen for the flash but have become fairly conservative with $ lately. I can tell you that it is only available to those who can get to ct on the goldcoast in it's present form. I believe the total cost at this stage is 1k aprox. The flash is custom tuned so is not one size fits all as per our previous flash experience. Ct beta car ran xede for a long period pryor to the flash and they stated the owner prefers the flash over the xede tune. Power gains are similar but added benefits such as control of cam phasing and throttle control offer a better experience. They have some issues with writing to and from the ezyflash device at this stage but hopefully this will be resolved in the future.
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

Might be time to get on the phone to CT...

Blog Entries

I've sent them an email and alerted them of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post
    I've sent them an email and alerted them of this thread.
    Ahh good That makes two of us.

13. Default

ChipTorque have been assessing and developing flash tuning technology
    for the Mazda 3 MPS. Our first development vehicle is a Mazda 3 MPS that has previously been driving for a few years using the ChipTorque XEDE Processor. This opportunity has allowed us to get a great comparison between these 2 tuning methods and has really highlighted the advantages of Reflash over Intercepting the factory ECU.

With full control of the factory ECU ChipTorque’s dyno programmers are enthused to find that they have been able to hold the throttle open longer allowing for the Mazda 3 MPS to extend its power range higher in the rev range. Previously with the XEDE Processor peak power was achieved at 5,500rpm, then dropped above that point. Now with the flash
    tune, we have seen peak power at a similar rpm point and beyond but where it previously dropped in power, now holding this power through to the rev limit.

This power extention isn’t just experienced at peak power, the Mazda 3 MPS adopts this characteristic throughout transitional gear changes, reducing loss of power through gear changes. Additionally the flash tune technology has allowed our tuners to adjust cam timing for some exciting response improvements at part throttle. In addition to driveability benefits, the flash tune has achieved performance gains equally as impressive when compared to the same vehicle tuned with XEDE Processor. Our development team are working to integrate the Ezy-FLASH for use on Mazda vehicles, but right now we are flashing directly into the factory ECU, paired with an in-house custom dyno tune.

We still offer the XEDE Processor for the Mazda 3 MPS, achieving great performance gains for standard or modified Mazda 3 MPS vehicles. This system can be installed locally to you by your local auto electrician and with XMap tuning software, custom dyno tuning your vehicle now or in the future is simple for your local dyno tuner.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Unfortunately the original test vehicle was not strapped correctly on the dyno during this initial development, which has prevented me from giving you some accurate dyno graph comparisons between XEDE and Flash Tune. The actual car has now actually been traded in, so I can't show you this.

What I can show is some other Flash Tuned vehicles....

Here's some graphs from a stock standard Mazda 3 MPS

And here's a graph from a stock standard Mazda 6 MPS. This vehicle does have a history with ChipTorque, previously being installed with an XEDE Processor. However, this particular car had a replacement Mazda ECU and an updated Mazda file in between the XEDE and Flash change. Interestingly the vehicle showed more power running the updated Mazda file, this is reflected in the 'As Driven' power run.

A quick question regarding the above graphs, both cars have very similar "before" figures, one would assume that the 6 being 4wd would show a considerably lower baseline than that of the fwd 3, also what has happened to the 4500-5500 rpm range on the 6, it looks promising and then just dies in the arse at the top, hpfp issue maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by ChipTorque View Post
    With full control of the factory ECU ChipTorque’s dyno programmers are enthused to find that they have been able to hold the throttle open longer allowing for the Mazda 3 MPS to extend its power range higher in the rev range. Previously with the XEDE Processor peak power was achieved at 5,500rpm, then dropped above that point. Now with the flash
    tune, we have seen peak power at a similar rpm point and beyond but where it previously dropped in power, now holding this power through to the rev limit.
    Can you confirm the full throttle (which is what I assume you're referring to in the last sentence of the quote above) ability, as the power curve is still dropping off when flashed similar to preflash. I expected the curve to look more like this past 5500 rpm

Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Ok guys, My car is booked in for Monday.

I have been told that the throttle plate is controllable too.

I will update with details on Monday night.

Sound good, looking forward to seeing the before and after dyno runs

Awesome! I'm assuming you will be doing before and after dynos?

Yes, definately.

I will be doing a 2.75" and 3" MAF housing comparison too hopefully.

When I spoke with Chiptorque regarding an Xede a little while ago they did mention the possibility of potential issues from fitting aftermarket intakes with larger diameter MAF housings.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast