User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chiptorque flash?

1. Default

sad the 3mps has taken so long to come into its stride with ecu mods. The latest ecu edits for the xr5 from dreamscience is tuner haven

I wouldnt even say its come into its stride.........

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    not that i will be driving down to get this done any time soon... but a question i wondered maybe for others...

if you did pay the money to come down to you guys and get this done, would you be provided with the flash unit at the later date when it is released at no extra charge or on car work ?? or would you have to buy the hand held flasher
    Good question. The ChipTorque Flash Tune is only provided in conjunction with custom dyno tuning at our Gold Coast premises, at this time. So in effect you are purchasing our technician's labour + time on the dyno at an hourly rate to provide a custom flash tune for your vehicle. Therefore in the event that you're wanting the hardware component (that does not exist yet) that will be compatible with your existing ChipTorque Flash Tune at some point in the future, you will require to purchase the product hardware. This is highly likely to be provided at a cheaper price to say someone purchasing the product hardware and software/tune at that time in the future.

Leah @ CT

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rooballer View Post
    I was wondering about that also, the other thing I had on my mind is what happens if I get the flash, then next service Mazda does a software upgrade?

Do I loose the flash, if so what is involved in getting the car reflashed (what will it cost, will I need a retune?)

I am sure it won't be an issue once the ezy flash is released, but what about until then?
    Like all other model vehicles that we reflash, if an in service PCM upgrade is performed by Mazda they will overwrite the aftermarket flash tune. ChipTorque would charge $100 to re-insert your tuned file into the ECU. We log all tune file names by VIN for occassions such as this. We'd need either the vehicle or ECU (shipping charges additional) to return to our premises for this service. This would also include reading out the Mazda upgrade to determine if any updates need to be made to the vehicle's aftermarket flash tune. This would include these updates if required which will be determined at our discretion.

You are right that the Ezy-FLASH would take this process completely out of the loop.
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ChipTorque View Post
    Therefore in the event that you're wanting the hardware component (that does not exist yet) that will be compatible with your existing ChipTorque Flash Tune at some point in the future, you will require to purchase the product hardware. This is highly likely to be provided at a cheaper price to say someone purchasing the product hardware and software/tune at that time in the future.
    Roughly how much more $ would we be talking between getting a tune before the hardware is available and purchasing the hardware afterwards, versus waiting for the hardware to become available and getting the tune done then?

Will you develop some standard tunes that would be preloaded onto the EzyFlash hardware when it is ready that can be tweaked for individual vehicles, therefore reducing the labour time?

BTW thanks for your continued communication and support for our cars

I would like to thank Chiptorque for taking an active interest in the forum. It certainly makes you feel better about using Chiptorque services.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rhcp_steve View Post
    Roughly how much more $ would we be talking between getting a tune before the hardware is available and purchasing the hardware afterwards, versus waiting for the hardware to become available and getting the tune done then?

Will you develop some standard tunes that would be preloaded onto the EzyFlash hardware when it is ready that can be tweaked for individual vehicles, therefore reducing the labour time?

BTW thanks for your continued communication and support for our cars
    It is hard to put an exact figure on it as I am talking about a hyperthetical product. So I will try to explain as best as I can.

We are talking about labour, a physical product and software as the components for future complete support for Flash Tuning the MPS.
    1. Dyno labour to custom tune the specific vehicle on our dyno at an hourly rate
    2. The Ezy-FLASH hardware product
    3. A set of tunes pre-loaded in the Ezy-FLASH product to suit a specific vehicle model with basic vehicle modifications (non custom).

So it's likely if you invest in "1." then later want "2.", you do not need to purchase "3." as we will be providing the Ezy-FLASH with a set of tunes based on your vehicle's specific custom tune. At our current pricing rate for "3.", the (non custom) tunes set, which is not needed if you already have "1." and so this would save you $200 (based on other model supported vehicles). There may be a further discount promoted on the release of the hardware product, but nothing I can specify at this time.

Yes the goal would be to be able to supply the Ezy-FLASH product to suit a specific vehicle model with basic vehicle modifications with a non custom ChipTorque tune set, but we are still analysing the variables to see if this will be possible.

Leah @ CT

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    Just an FYI, the dyno I posted is a stock car vs the same stock car with cp-e's throttle flash.
    To my knowledge, CPE don't have a Car here in AUS with a cpe throttle flash.

Is this correct? or is urs the first?

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasa View Post
    im selling mine soon if i get the new 3! mine produces around 240kw with this chip and intake

200kw atw for a MPS3 is nothing special.

I'm getting 215kw atw from a MPS6!

Regardless, to get 200kw@the wheels without an exhaust is rubbish. It's semi believable if your running big boost with a good intake, but I highly doubt it because without a downpipe the results your claiming can't be accurate!
    CorkSport FMIC with Cold Air Induction, , Cork Sport Cat Back, CPE Standback with PNP, TurboSmart BOV, Custom Highflow Cat with CorkSports Downpipe,Pauter Rods, CP Pistons,ARP Head Studs, BIGGER TURBO COMING, Pre-ordered a Stage 3 CPE Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by lazydog View Post
    To my knowledge, CPE don't have a Car here in AUS with a cpe throttle flash.

Is this correct? or is urs the first?
    Naw not my car, this was one of the US guys. I'm still waiting for a flash that I can self tune to be released down here.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Quote Originally Posted by lazydog View Post

Regardless, to get 200kw@the wheels without an exhaust is rubbish. It's semi believable if your running big boost with a good intake, but I highly doubt it because without a downpipe the results your claiming can't be accurate!
    Ive seen the chart, just shy of 200kW (~197) from a reputable tuner, with an intake & TMIC, running a stock exhaust and a relatively conservative tune.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

200kw ATW!!!...surely wheelspin wheel counteract the effect of the extra power....but I'd be willing to try!!!

Im going to have to get this done when Im finished modding everything else

12. Default

ChipTorque's development for Ezy-FLASH to support Mazda MPS has had some recent breakthroughs. We have been able to make the reflash recovery process more fail safe. During earlier development we had found that if a reflash went wrong then it would render the vehicle's ECU dead. We now have found and developed a process that allows the prevention of this occurrence in most instances and a recovery process to recovery the ECU in such events.

Additionally we have begun creating a new model of Ezy-FLASH. Currently we support other model vehicle's with Ezy-FLASH. The new model Ezy-FLASH PRO will also support Mazdas.

Release date should be around February 2010. We will require beta testers prior to this date and will let you know when we are looking for participants.

Leah @ CT

im keen...

Sounds good!!

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Ive seen the chart, just shy of 200kW (~197) from a reputable tuner, with an intake & TMIC, running a stock exhaust and a relatively conservative tune.
    It would have to be on a dyno that has a healthy read outs.

The ones that i've seen stock produce about 148-152 atw, to gain 50 kw atw without an exhaust is outrageous regardless of the tune!

I'd say the dyno he had it on gives higher reading compared to the one that i've seen!
    CorkSport FMIC with Cold Air Induction, , Cork Sport Cat Back, CPE Standback with PNP, TurboSmart BOV, Custom Highflow Cat with CorkSports Downpipe,Pauter Rods, CP Pistons,ARP Head Studs, BIGGER TURBO COMING, Pre-ordered a Stage 3 CPE Engine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234