User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiptorque flash?

Blog Entries

I get my car serviced at MRT...and just about every time it is there they ask me if I want to be part of the testing team...this has been going on for at least a year, so dont hold your breath...

they also state on their website that all mods and such are all covered by manufacturer warranty as well...hmmm. not sure how that works though

nope, they warranty it... not sure i trust it though.

well i heard back from MRT today and this is their reply. Abit different to what the guy told me on the phone.
    likewise justin bit fishy in a way.

Thanks for your query Chris

At this stage we haven’t developed any of the kits and are literally just in the infancy stage of the development work for both the MPS 3 and 6.

If you would like I can keep your details handy and contact you when we have more info available? As with our other late model developments we use the ECUTEK tuning tool to upgrade and re tune the factory ECU as well as looking into the mechanical issues with the car we can then overcome and recalibrate to suit.

Please let me know if there are any further queries I can help you with,

Kind Regards
    Chris Milne
    National Sales Manager
    MRT Performance
    CURRENT: 2009 VW Passat R36

PREVIOUS: 2008 Mazda 3 MPS

Sounds like they are pissing in the wind to me..............

yep I got pretty much the same reply a few months back ! Almost word for word the same actually.....

My 2000 WRX was ECUTEK'd by S and J automotive here in SA.
    I think its an absolutly brilliant thing! Boost was raised from stock 10-11psi to 13psi.

Best 0-100kph time on the Gtech is 5.2seconds.
    The BEST part about it is the fuel economy (City\suburban driving)
    = 9.8 - 10.5L per 100kms

The on road performance is one of the highlights of the re tune. Down low torque is improved, boost is on much earlier, smoother torque pull etc.

If MRT and ECUTEK developed a tune for the MPS that is simply modifying maps etc on the stock ECU, i would probably fork out the $1000 and get it done next week! :P (you get what i mean though)

I know they do some great work with the EVO's aswell.

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Personally im sick of every other car (wrx, evo, xr5, ls1, xr6t, gti, vw) being able to flashed tuned so easily. I uderstand that r&d takes time but its definately getting frustrating........

I agree. Moving from Polo Gti I thought the 3 MPs would have LOADS of ECU Flash tuning options here in Oz. For the Polo there was APR,GIAC, Oetteiger and others...why is it not the case for the MPs...surely there is enough demand? I see far more MPS3's on the road as compared with Polo Gti's....maybe its the way the ECU's are coded etc??

Quote Originally Posted by chipped View Post
    I agree. Moving from Polo Gti I thought the 3 MPs would have LOADS of ECU Flash tuning options here in Oz. For the Polo there was APR,GIAC, Oetteiger and others...why is it not the case for the MPs...surely there is enough demand? I see far more MPS3's on the road as compared with Polo Gti's....maybe its the way the ECU's are coded etc??
    Or perhaps its that the good old AUDI, VW turbo engines use similar ECU's.
    the Turbo engines from the AUDI'S (1.8lt-2.0lt) are near identical (correct me if im wrong) to the VW ones.

Considering that then, we have the PASSAT, GOLF, POLO, A4 etc that would possibly use near identical ECU's.

More of a market out there than the MZR DISI ??? I dont know...

(To be honest i dont have a huge knowledge of these cars\engines but im pretty sure im on the ball )

Cheers guys.

Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Skoda also.

12. Default

Hello Chiptorque are your agents in NSW (SAS) able to do the flash custom tuning. What sort of dollars am I looking at. Im pretty kenn to get it done quickly.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nissanman View Post
    Or perhaps its that the good old AUDI, VW turbo engines use similar ECU's.
    the Turbo engines from the AUDI'S (1.8lt-2.0lt) are near identical (correct me if im wrong) to the VW ones.

Considering that then, we have the PASSAT, GOLF, POLO, A4 etc that would possibly use near identical ECU's.

More of a market out there than the MZR DISI ??? I dont know...

(To be honest i dont have a huge knowledge of these cars\engines but im pretty sure im on the ball )

Cheers guys.
    Yep your sure on the ball oh and don't fogert Porsche being part of the Volkwagen group too...Remembering it was Mr. Porsche who created the VW beetle being one of the most popular cars of all time...probably not much of an ECU tho

Well, drove my WRX on the weekend and im in the market for a ECU Retune for sure.
    My MPS is quicker outright and midrange but my WRX (that has ECUTEK tune stage1) is...well easier to drive i guess.
    The accelerator is nice and touchy, snappy, violent perhaps. But not in a ridicoulos bad way.

It would be close on a 1/4mile drag strip between them both at the moment. (wrx is only 1290kg and approx 175kw \ mps 1600kg with 190kw BUT alot more torque for sure!)
    But thats unfair, The MPS is standard as standard can get. WRX has CAI and Stage 1 Tune.
    Considering that... i want a MPS retune!!! after that i do believe there would be no comparison between them both. Not to mention the better fuel economy!
    Last edited by nissanman; 17-08-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nissanman View Post
    Well, drove my WRX on the weekend and im in the market for a ECU Retune for sure.
    My MPS is quicker outright and midrange but my WRX (that has ECUTEK tune stage1) is...well easier to drive i guess.
    The accelerator is nice and touchy, snappy, violent perhaps. But not in a ridicoulos bad way.

It would be close on a 1/4mile drag strip between them both at the moment. (wrx is only 1290kg and approx 175kw \ mps 1600kg with 190kw BUT alot more torque for sure!)
    But thats unfair, The MPS is standard as standard can get. WRX has CAI and Stage 1 Tune.
    Considering that... i want a MPS retune!!! after that i do believe there would be no comparison between them both. Not to mention the better fuel economy!
    That problem is easy to fix, drive the WRX through the week and the MPS on the weekends
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    That problem is easy to fix, drive the WRX through the week and the MPS on the weekends
    Cant really... MPS is my work car... I have had a shoulder reconstruction and certain cars without centre consoles (wrx does but) or hard suspension after time jolt and hurt my shoulder... FUN :P

Ill have the wrx all day friday when MPS goes in for warranty work (yay diff whine lol)

Cheers

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Ezy-Flash is still a bit away yet, as I spoke to them yesterday, I suggest you wait for it though, It sounds like a really good product that is coming, I think you guys are really going to want the Ezy-Flash rather than anything else out there.
    ChipTorque plans to have the Mazda Ezy-FLASH available within the next 12 months. This will give users the choice of multiple aftermarket tunes that you reflash into the vehicle yourself plus the option to reflash back to the factory tune at any time.

The level of development we have achieved means that we can directly flash ChipTorque's aftermarket tune into the vehicle ECU and right now this is only available in conjunction with a custom dyno tune at our Gold Coast premises. We are also aiming to get this to a level where we can provide this upgrade to mail order customers, which would involve mailing your ECU to ChipTorque.

Leah @ CT

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by graemedr View Post
    Hello Chiptorque are your agents in NSW (SAS) able to do the flash custom tuning. What sort of dollars am I looking at. Im pretty kenn to get it done quickly.

thanks
    No, not at this time, sorry, but I'd say SAS will be one of our first dealers to be supporting this once our tuning software is released. For now, to provide you with the ChipTorque flash tune you'd be looking at a holiday on the Gold Coast plus approximately $800 to $1000 for the 2WD ChipTorque custom flash tune.

Leah @ CT

not that i will be driving down to get this done any time soon... but a question i wondered maybe for others...

if you did pay the money to come down to you guys and get this done, would you be provided with the flash unit at the later date when it is released at no extra charge or on car work ?? or would you have to buy the hand held flasher

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    not that i will be driving down to get this done any time soon... but a question i wondered maybe for others...

if you did pay the money to come down to you guys and get this done, would you be provided with the flash unit at the later date when it is released at no extra charge or on car work ?? or would you have to buy the hand held flasher
    I was wondering about that also, the other thing I had on my mind is what happens if I get the flash, then next service Mazda does a software upgrade?

Do I loose the flash, if so what is involved in getting the car reflashed (what will it cost, will I need a retune?)

I am sure it won't be an issue once the ezy flash is released, but what about until then?

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    That was an example of the difference in peak between closed throttle and open throttle. The dynos I've seen of other throttle flashed cars (mostly Cobb as there are alot of them compared with CP-e) don't show as dramatic a drop between 5500 and 6500 rpm as your dyno. On all three of the posted Chiptorque dynos, there is roughly a 50 - 70kw difference between peak and at 6500 rpm. The stock dyno I posted also shows a 44kw difference between peak and 6500 rpm. The flashed dyno show identical curve and power/torque figures (as far as dynos go) up until 5500 rpm. This suggests to me they were strapped the same. Based on what you're saying about incorrect strapping, if strapped incorrectly people's dynos should be showing a larger difference between peak and 6500 rpm?

Yes you got it. But then it always depends on the dyno software, not to mention tyre carcass adhesion as well. And like most of you would know the MPS make a bucket load of torque.

If your airflow values were incorrect, would this not be picked up post combustion by the AFR (primary O2 sensor) and corrected?

Generally the factory 02 sensor does its job quite well. But your relying on what it learns in closed loop (light throttle driving) to be applyed in open loop (medium to full throttle) which is a worry if the dynamics of the airflow meter values are only changed at low airflow.

Sorry for the late response.
    Last edited by armthehomeless; 08-09-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Fixed quote code

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast