User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiptorque flash?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    Can you confirm the full throttle (which is what I assume you're referring to in the last sentence of the quote above) ability, as the power curve is still dropping off when flashed similar to preflash. I expected the curve to look more like this past 5500 rpm
    I suspect that may be due to the limitation of the factory setup above 5,500 at full throttle. I have been speaking with our tuner Rob regarding this and also 2XS's flash tune that we have booked for Monday. I would like to get Rob to discuss this with you guys. Unfortunately Rob has finished work early today, so we'll post a reply tomorrow.

Leah

Just an FYI, the dyno I posted is a stock car vs the same stock car with cp-e's throttle flash.

Wardski had XEDE and 3" MAF, FYI anyway.

I can't wait for 8am Monday.................mmmmmmm,

I might need new tyres Tuesday.

New pants too

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    Just an FYI, the dyno I posted is a stock car vs the same stock car with cp-e's throttle flash.

What I've seen on our dyno's in Australia is that incorrect dyno strapping techniques can cause inflated peak power outputs along with rapidly tapering power outputs - the reason for this is as the cars come up to peak torque they creep forward sometimes unloading the rear roller which means that the inertial force required to accellerate the rear rollers are not calculated by the dyno hence inflating the power figure. The drop off in power can then rapidly occur as the car's torque output decreases and the car sits back down on the rear roller - which then casue the power to drop as the engine then has to re-accellerate the rear roller.

Every car we run on our Dyno Dynamics dyno is strapped both laterly to stop side to side movement and also horizontally into the roller to stop the above occurence. The dyno graphs we have posted have been strapped using this method, so as far as I'm concerned the power curves are typical of the bore/stroke ratio of the MPS along with the slightly restrictive standard exhaust and turbocharger.

The difference in power between the 3 and the 6 is not what we see typically as the 6MPS we flash tuned was the highest output standard car we have ever seen by about 15awkw.

As for the intake pipes, if you have in any way changed the dynamics of the airflow into the MAF pipe then your car will need a tune / custom tune.

I have seen a few cases here where similar internal diameter sized MAF pipes have created over 15% less calcualted airflow. The problem with this is that the engine now believes that there is 15% less load on the engine so it has generally three effects:

1: It puts 15% less fuel into the engine.
    2: Because there is 15% less load the engine will advance the timing by a certain amount depending upon the timing maps - sometimes up to 5degs.
    3: Because the MPS's use torque based mapping they will adjust both throttle and boost to get back to the desired torque point.

All of the above is a recipe for disaster. My advice would be that the standard MAF diameter is more than enough for the factory turbo. Aftermarket turbo's may require a larger diameter - not for more flow but more resolution in tuning. Remember, the suface area goes up with the square of the radius so an increase from 70mm - 76mm means an increase in airflow of about 18%.

If there are any other technical question please don't hesistate to ask.

Cheers
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by ChipTorque View Post
    What I've seen on our dyno's in Australia is that incorrect dyno strapping techniques can cause inflated peak power outputs along with rapidly tapering power outputs
    That was an example of the difference in peak between closed throttle and open throttle. The dynos I've seen of other throttle flashed cars (mostly Cobb as there are alot of them compared with CP-e) don't show as dramatic a drop between 5500 and 6500 rpm as your dyno. On all three of the posted Chiptorque dynos, there is roughly a 50 - 70kw difference between peak and at 6500 rpm. The stock dyno I posted also shows a 44kw difference between peak and 6500 rpm. The flashed dyno show identical curve and power/torque figures (as far as dynos go) up until 5500 rpm. This suggests to me they were strapped the same. Based on what you're saying about incorrect strapping, if strapped incorrectly people's dynos should be showing a larger difference between peak and 6500 rpm?

Quote Originally Posted by ChipTorque View Post
    As for the intake pipes, if you have in any way changed the dynamics of the airflow into the MAF pipe then your car will need a tune / custom tune.

I have seen a few cases here where similar internal diameter sized MAF pipes have created over 15% less calcualted airflow. The problem with this is that the engine now believes that there is 15% less load on the engine so it has generally three effects:

1: It puts 15% less fuel into the engine.
    2: Because there is 15% less load the engine will advance the timing by a certain amount depending upon the timing maps - sometimes up to 5degs.
    3: Because the MPS's use torque based mapping they will adjust both throttle and boost to get back to the desired torque point.
    If your airflow values were incorrect, would this not be picked up post combustion by the AFR (primary O2 sensor) and corrected?

Note: I'm really glad we have people who are actually involved in the tuning industry involved. It helps us sort truth from the myths. Please don't take any of this as me trying to be a pain in the ass as I'm really trying to get to the bottom of this and may even buy the CT Ezyflash if it is available before the Cobb AP.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Can anyone at Chiptorque give us a REALISTIC time frame as to when the hand held EzyFlash unit will be available for the 3 & 6MPS community????????
    Pleeeeeeeease...........im sure its something than almost 100% of forum members would be interested in.

I had the 3" MAF housing on mine and the LTFT was showing 20.3%, so, I believe the larger MAF can be absorbed in the std tune (minimal mods), but, with everything else I have done the value increases beyond the limitations of the std tune.

I will see what happens Monday.................

im selling mine soon if i get the new 3! mine produces around 240kw with this chip and intake

At the wheels?

Unlikely atw unless he's done a turbo upgrade.

Man i will ship my ECU to Someone if they could be so kind to get it flashed lol... NZ Sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Can anyone at Chiptorque give us a REALISTIC time frame as to when the hand held EzyFlash unit will be available for the 3 & 6MPS community????????
    Pleeeeeeeease...........im sure its something than almost 100% of forum members would be interested in.

Ezy-Flash is still a bit away yet, as I spoke to them yesterday, I suggest you wait for it though, It sounds like a really good product that is coming, I think you guys are really going to want the Ezy-Flash rather than anything else out there.

Thumbs down chiptoque flash tune

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Ezy-Flash is still a bit away yet, as I spoke to them yesterday, I suggest you wait for it though, It sounds like a really good product that is coming, I think you guys are really going to want the Ezy-Flash rather than anything else out there.
    2XS will they be able to tune my car even though the ecu has been flashed by powerchip after the new engine mods are installed.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ante View Post
    Man i will ship my ECU to Someone if they could be so kind to get it flashed lol... NZ Sucks!
    I know what u mean kiwi mps bro was that nz 6 or sucks the only diff from cairns to and Auckland
    is i dont have an ocean between me and brisbane still 2000klms i am sure 2XS would take care of your ecu for u he knows his shiiiiiiit . i have a joke 4U . Why do nz have the fastest race horses in the world . answer , they've seen what happens to the sheep just kiddin bro id like to catch up next time im in nz fastaz/col 2

As for the throttle control..........

I plant my right foot for WOT. The throttle plate opens to 70% and doesn't gradually close like previously to the flash. Still not 100% but a lot better control over the throttle. I'm still working on if it completely follows what my foot does during part throttle though.

I hope this helps some of you.

197kw atw!!!
    produces about 235kw!!

i know this is not about chiptorque but has anyone heard about the news at MRT...apparently theyve just finished with the development of the flash tuning for the mps3...i had to call them today to cancel a booking i made and the guy told me about it but he didnt go into to much detail and i cant really find much info on their website except for this:

MAZDA 3 MPS

After the last few months of initial testing and dyno work, we came away with a list as long as your arm of improvements and additional parameters that were needed to the software interface in order to achieve the best results from a tuning perspective. Retuning the ECU with EcuTek will undoubtedly provide the best results from the car.

Since last month, EcuTeK have once again risen to the challenge! A new software upgrade and hours of software development have gone into a new package that is looking to be a winner! Watch this place and the MRT website for updates but we’ll expect to have things up and running on no time – AS we write this we have an ex Mazda Austrlalia Tarmac car here on a date with the MRT dynapack dyno! Stay tuned…
    CURRENT: 2009 VW Passat R36

PREVIOUS: 2008 Mazda 3 MPS

Sounds promising Stealth.........

yea i sent them an email when i got home from work for more info about it so now just waiting to hear back from them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast