User Tag List

Thread: V8 SUPERCARS: Triple Eight Defect to Holden for 2010 Season

Default V8 SUPERCARS: Triple Eight Defect to Holden for 2010 Season

HOLDEN HAS PULLED OFF the biggest coup in recent Australian motorsport history after agreeing to a deal to support Triple Eight Racing from 2010.

The Queensland-based team has been in conflict with Ford since the manufacturer decided to drop its factory support, despite Triple Eight Racing’s status as the outstanding team in V8 Supercars.

Jamie Whincup and Craig Lowndes managed to almost single-handedly revive Ford’s fortunes at Mount Panorama, winning the last three ‘great races’ following seven straight years of Holden domination.

Whincup completed Ford’s revival when he claimed the V8 Supercars driver’s title last year, while the factory-backed outfits, Ford Performance Racing and Stone Brothers Racing continued to flounder in comparison.

In retaliation to Ford’s decision, Triple Eight boss Roland Dane decided to symbolically strip his vehicles of their Ford badge and all related signage.

And the transformation from Ford standout to Holden standard bearer is likely to be announced in the next 24 hours when Triple Eight Racing will be revealed as the second GM Holden supported team, alongside Holden Racing Team.
    Dane refused to confirm the widely reported defection, but hinted to News Limited that an announcement could be expected in the next 24 hours, saying, “No comment at the moment. Try me again later tomorrow.”

Holden Motorsport meanwhile declined to engage in discussions surrounding the rumours, claiming it would contravene company policy.

The decision to swap racing marques was assisted by the lapse of Lowndes’ deal with Ford at the end of the year, and comes after the four-time Bathurst winner and Whincup extended their contracts with Triple Eight until 2012.

Source
    Last edited by armthehomeless; 29-07-2009 at 07:18 PM.
    Visa - Making Broke Mo-Fo's look like ballers since 1958
    Asking for forgivness is easier than asking for permission - Jesse James
    Wakefield - 1:23.9 (natsoft)
    Winton - 1:55.3 (natsoft)

buh buh buh I love Craigy...

*remembers happier times together*

How will I face people at work after screaming 'Ford in your Face' after the last 3 Bathursts & series win???
    Last edited by Enigma; 29-07-2009 at 08:14 PM.

YES!!!!...good to see Lowndes back with holden!!! woot woot!!

okay so i have loved Lowndes since i was 14 (for 11years) i went from holden to ford with him now im going to have to change back.... buying all these new supporter clothing is getting expensive rofl so long as whincup and lowndes stay together im happy although not really wanting to go for holden again

me with my boys
    Last edited by Ver Jay Jay; 29-07-2009 at 10:59 PM.

I've loved lowndes for ever as well and dont care what he drives

Awesome pic MissJayJay

Yeah Lowndesie's great regardless of the badge he drives for! Can see your point though Enigma! Great pics guys