User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Perth.

Default Hello from Perth.

Hello all.

Picked up my new MPS yesterday in velocity red.
    Its my 3rd Mazda having owned a 05 3 Neo, and my current CX9.

I believe it was one of the first to hit the road in private hands in WA.
    Very happy with it so far.

Timbo
    Last edited by PerthMPS; 29-07-2009 at 09:26 PM.

congrats

Love that colour!!!

Welcome Aboard Dude!
    So good to see another Sandgroper join the ranks.
    Be good to see you on the next club run, I know you'll get lots of attention!!

I saw my first 2010 MPS at Wanneroo Mazda yesterday in VR, they had just got it in!
    Where did you get yours from?

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    Picked up my new MPS yesterday
    I get mine in a week and a half or so

PerthMPS. Love that colour, look forward to catching up on the next cruise we have. Keep an eye here: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...social-events/

Also have a page for us WA guys here: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/group...bers-here.html

Did you get yours from Melville Mazda (as posted on the other forum) ?

Cheers
    Chris
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Blog Entries

Very nice! I believe you are the first on our forum to pick one up

Welcome!

PerthMPS

Congrats on your NEW 3MPS

You are the first person I know off on this forum to have picked up your beautful beast.

Hope to see more reviews and comments from a daily driver.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Thanks guys & yep I did get it from Melville Mazda.

Unfortunately I have only driven the car for 10km or so, so far.
    This is the first time I have owned a "sports car" as such. (sure its no Porsche or Aston martin), and I have to say that I am very impressed. In my quick whip around the back blocks the acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear was sensational. (loving the on ramps to the Fwy)
    The car feels very stable, especially given that it is FWD. As far as the quality of the interior etc, like the CX9, it is very high. I'm a big fan of gadgets & gizmos, and the MPS has plenty to keep me amused. The Bluetooth will take a bit to setup, but once sorted it shouldn't be a problem.

I had been looking around for a "hot hatch" and was very close to purchasing a ralliart lancer a month or so ago, but wasn't totally sold on them (more so the style & quality of the interior than performance) I visited my local Mazda dealership to find out more about the MPS as I knew that it was due soon. Disappointingly they were useless as T!t5 on a bull and were not interested in helping me find out any further info. (like when are they due)
    I continued researching, including finding this forum, with my enthusiasm increasing decide to pay a different dealer a visit to find out more info. Low n behold as we came round the corner there she was getting shammied down. It was like a slow motion love scene as I drove past into the car park.

Anyways.... did the open & close everything, no I shouldn't, yes it would be nice, no I shouldn't, drive away and think about it (only got 2km down the rd lol), come back take it for a test drive etc etc. It was love. Melville Mazda, Dave Bridge, were excellent and most helpful, heaps better than the original mob that I visited. Unfortunately they only have one more MPS, a black one in stock.
    Last edited by PerthMPS; 31-07-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Blog Entries

That's awesome! Got any plans for it? Or staying as is for now?

Tint to be fitted in next 2 weeks
    If i can suss out the ipod adaptor cable that may find its way in, they seem very expensive tho.

I spotted a new 370z round the corner with an awesome set of 19" enkei rims that would look sweet on mine, but for now no changes.

Oh I will probably remove the MPS badge
    Last edited by PerthMPS; 29-07-2009 at 10:01 PM.

Congrats buddy!
    When you get some spare dosh what on an intake and listen to her hoover

Welcome aboard and I should be in a VR MPS Feb/Mar next year....congrats and it looks great.

thats such an awesome and typical story

Hope your loving it and

Thanks guys & yep I did get it from Melville Mazda.

Unfortunately I have only driven the car for 10km or so, so far.
    This is the first time I have owned a "sports car" as such. (sure its no Porsche or Aston martin), and I have to say that I am very impressed. In my quick whip around the back blocks the acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear was sensational. (loving the on ramps to the Fwy)
    The car feels very stable, especially given that it is FWD. As far as the quality of the interior etc, like the CX9, it is very high. I'm a big fan of gadgets & gizmos, and the MPS has plenty to keep me amused. The Bluetooth will take a bit to setup, but once sorted it shouldn't be a problem.

I had been looking around for a "hot hatch" and was very close to purchasing a ralliart lancer a month or so ago, but wasn't totally sold on them (more so the style & quality of the interior than performance) I visited my local Mazda dealership to find out more about the MPS as I knew that it was due soon. Disappointingly they were useless as T!t5 on a bull and were not interested in helping me find out any further info. (like when are they due)
    I continued researching, including finding this forum, with my enthusiasm increasing decide to pay a different dealer a visit to find out more info. Low n behold as we came round the corner there she was getting shammied down. It was like a slow motion love scene as I drove past into the car park.

Anyways.... did the open & close everything, no I shouldn't, yes it would be nice, no I shouldn't, drive away and think about it (only got 2km down the rd lol), come back take it for a test drive etc etc. It was love. Melville Mazda, Dave Bridge, were excellent and most helpful, heaps better than the original mob that I visited. Unfortunately they only have one more MPS, a black one in stock.
    That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Im just glad they dont have the VR in the showroom at my dealer....i would be signed up already...i reckon they'd be saucy as(pardon the pun) in the flesh

Tint to be fitted in next 2 weeks
    If i can suss out the ipod adaptor cable that may find its way in, they seem very expensive tho.

I spotted a new 370z round the corner with an awesome set of 19" enkei rims that would look sweet on mine, but for now no changes.

Oh I will probably remove the MPS badge
    DuDe, you gotta leave that badge on!
    It's like removing the HSV badges from a Commondore!!!
    We apy all that extra money for the right to proudly display that badge

Quote Originally Posted by EVILMPS View Post
    DuDe, you gotta leave that badge on!
    It's like removing the HSV badges from a Commondore!!!
    We apy all that extra money for the right to proudly display that badge
    aint that the truth fastaz
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 07-08-2009 at 08:51 AM.

du to overwhelming peer pressure, badge stays lol

Ditch the "3" though!

And black out the rest now that would be HAWT!!!!

du to overwhelming peer pressure, badge stays lol

Good to hear dude!

is the three badge just stuck on?
    How about the mazda one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast