User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Permanent relief from CELs due to wet CAIs

I logged some data on a friend mps last week that had a sri with no heat shield and the entire time (about 5min of driving both on boost and off) the IAT never went below 40° and it was less then 25° ambent. In my car once i start moving the IAT comes down to within a few degrees of ambient. so IMHO colder IAT leads to cooler BAT's which means less chance of knock or timing being pulled. However i've lost the ability to drive through deep puddles

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SomePhoenix View Post
    That's the fallback option Toddy... but it's just not as 'neat & tidy'.
    I found it to be very neat and tidy because you can't really see it at all once installed

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Exactly Ward......wouldnt bother with a CAI myself. But hey, each to their own.......
    For sure, if I ever go down the stock air box removal path with the STi, I'll be going SRI.... I still want that ability to become a mud muppet J without having to worry about mud in the intake...

If you're constantly worried about hydrolocking
    My concern isn't particularly hyrdrolocking - I don't anticipate enough water to get in. But I don't like the 'stuttering' effect and loss of power an adulterated MAF reading creates.

Plus I pickd up the CAI cheap 2nd hand!

I decided to make my own shield for a total cost of $0... only time will tell how well it works.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0091.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	8932

5. Default

Would have been easier to cut the pipe into an SRI and attach the pod......

Then I would have had to consider correct air flow and potentially air straighteners, could cause more trouble than it's worth ^_^

And why is it easier to remove the entire intake and hacksaw it up, ensuring the support remains and pod can physically fit than the 1.5 hours i spent fabricating the aluminium shield?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SomePhoenix View Post
    Then I would have had to consider correct air flow and potentially air straighteners, could cause more trouble than it's worth ^_^

And why is it easier to remove the entire intake and hacksaw it up, ensuring the support remains and pod can physically fit than the 1.5 hours i spent fabricating the aluminium shield?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12